Will 2023 be my Year! 🤞🤞

Zafira

Gold Member
So here I am ‘again!’
1st January 2023!
This year I would actually like to reach my weight loss goal or be very close to it by the end of the year!
I have tried and failed and also succeeded over the years… just when I have succeeded, I’ve not kept an eye on things and not maintained, just let the weight creep up again 🙄
Hopefully I can change that this year 🤞

Plan is to update my diary daily , or at least every week or few days …

I will be calorie counting again using MyFitnessPal and exercise will be walking along with some other exercises in between probably some weights/ kettlebells along with what else takes my fancy lol.

My starting weight as of this morning is 15st 9.6 !😱
Not my heaviest on record but not far off!
I will do a Sunday weekly weigh in.

My goal is to reach 11st (ideally 10st 7-10)

So approximately 5 st to lose! (Again🙄)

I will do what I can , it’s sometimes hard with my job (HGV truck driver) as I start work at 7am and my finish time varies… sometimes I finish at 8pm🙄, but there are days when I finish at a more reasonable time!
It’s hard when I finish late as there’s not much evening left to fit what I want to do in!
But one bonus is I suppose is I don’t have to work weekends- well I don’t, have up weekend overtime years ago lol.

So it might take a fair bit of pre- planning and commitment to get going and sorted.

But I have to try as I hate feeling this heavy!
And just the simple moving sometimes is an effort and hard work!😬

I will post my food exercises etc in either picture/photos or written form … whichever I feel like at the time!

On another note I hope people come back here, it’s been quiet the times I’ve logged in over the past months 😏

And some of the people I used to chat with on here are currently absent…

Anyway 🤞
And here goes the start of my new diary!😀

I think my plans will take about a week to materialise lol
Today is one of those days of reflection and thinking of working on my plan for this year … whilst continuing to eat odd bits of junk food 🙄😂

So far no ‘real’ food as such eaten
I’ve had ….
A few tassimo coffees with skimmed milk
A tassimo milka hot chocolate
About a dozen York fruit jellies
4 toffifee
3 mini chocolate flakes ( the sort you have in an ice cream….

As you can see… junk!

Not really doing a lot either, lots I ‘want/need’ to do but currently it’s still in the thinking about it lol 🤷‍♀️

I will get there…. Just not today!

On the other hand I will probably have lots of mindless rambling in this diary too😂

Well hubby ended up asking if I wanted to go out to dinner last night … so end up at blues smokehouse in Southampton and had a meal … lovely it was too although hubby had a beef brisket which turned out to be tough🙄 I told him to complain and they ended up changing it for a rump or sirloin steak which wasn’t tough!
I had a huge burger and fries 😬😋

Came home and started binge watching “loaded in paradise” and eating “sweets, crisps and more chocolate late at night 😬🙄

One good thing most of the Xmas ‘goodies’ as such are almost gone!😂

Hubby got bored of the series in the end then went to bed!
I stayed up(until 3am!) and watched to episode 10 - 5 more to go!

Anyway woke up at 7 put a joint of beef in the slow cooker and went back to bed!

Now midday been up an hour and not dressed yet😬
Pics of our meal ..

Attachments

• 29E818C7-6506-4808-A191-91B6A259FE51.jpeg
    29E818C7-6506-4808-A191-91B6A259FE51.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 6B182D99-B0CB-427A-A36F-B46EFAB4ADC8.jpeg
    6B182D99-B0CB-427A-A36F-B46EFAB4ADC8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • B5D08C79-C372-414C-9BC5-5DF35625833D.jpeg
    B5D08C79-C372-414C-9BC5-5DF35625833D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Had our roast beef dinner , just a simple roast , aunt Bessie’s roasties , steam fresh bag of veg , Yorkshire pudding, gravy .
Did the roasties in my ninja foodie dual which I got just before Xmas , and this was the first time I’ve used it, and they came out good 😊
Planning on using the ninja some more this year - need to experiment.

Ate some more leftover bits of junk food etc🙄

But decided to go for a walk this evening with my next door neighbours husky Lucian- who I’ve been taking for walks quite a lot last year ( feel sorry for the poor dog as he hardly goes for any walks otherwise 😞 maybe a short walk in the evening with the son for 15 mins as the mother - old- can’t take him…) - long story there!

Anyway did a 5km/3.2 mile walk with him and stopped by my daughters work( Wetherspoons) to see her with him too - the workers there love him - such an adorable husky he is 🥰

Hubby is back to work tomorrow- I have another day off before back to work on Wednesday 😊

Attachments

• 1D31BBC4-C911-4D0A-8A79-85AE88F34F2B.jpeg
    1D31BBC4-C911-4D0A-8A79-85AE88F34F2B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • B713B457-9D5D-4699-9E8C-4FE74390CAF7.jpeg
    B713B457-9D5D-4699-9E8C-4FE74390CAF7.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 5D84E904-E209-4FA5-BBA0-9C85F34E9357.jpeg
    5D84E904-E209-4FA5-BBA0-9C85F34E9357.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 92E076CD-F16D-4DD9-956B-20DFD29B9D65.jpeg
    92E076CD-F16D-4DD9-956B-20DFD29B9D65.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi Zafira,

Welcome back, this site is heartbreakingly quiet these days so well done for starting a new diary, I look forward to reading about your efforts and successes x

Thank you @Halley for replying 🥰
Yes it is heartbreakingly quiet on here 😞
But you never know people may come back🤞
I used to love forums years ago, but they are few and far between now particularly really good ones 😏
I was thinking of starting a blog diary but they’re too complicated for me 😂
And this site is so easy 😊

I plan to stick with this diary this time!
And I really need to put more effort into my weight loss!
I know I can because I’ve done it before 🤷‍♀️
Just never managed to maintain it!
So 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Will you be posting or doing a diary?

Well after my walk last night I decided to watch the rest of “loaded in paradise”
3am nearly I got to bed again🙄😂
It was good but was a bit of an anti climax ending for me with the winners…😏
And whilst watching I mindlessly ate mint matchmakers, after eight mints and lots of pecan and brazil nuts!🙄😬
Dread to think how many calories in that lot!!😳

Anyway got up at 9.30 and had the most terrible upset stomach!😬
TMI ? But it literally poured out of me!😳😂

Oh well good way to start a diet? Empty your bowels😂

On another note in between watching tv I was browsing phone/emails and had one from Grenade with a good discount- and ended up ordering 2 packs of mixed grenade high protein bars!
AND they’re being delivered this afternoon?!
I mean…. How quick is that?!

Hubby is back at work and my 22 yr old daughter atm is still in bed as she got home from her Wetherspoons job at nearly 2am as she was on a ‘close’.

So, today’s plans are getting stuff ready for work tomorrow- uniform / work bag lunch etc and a bit of sorting out /tidying and maybe a small ‘healthier’ shop?🤔

We’ll see….

Well, did a bit of ironing, hoovering etc, then asked my daughter if she wanted to come to the M&S / Sainsbury’s superstore in hedge end with me as I had a couple of gift cards that needed spending lol.

Had a look around the clothing department bits , nothing there much I liked- or would look any good on me the size I am anyway 🙄😏
Hate looking for clothes when I’m overweight- makes me depressed!😂

So we went and had a cooked breakfast in the Sainsbury’s cafe instead!🤷‍♀️😂
That won’t help!😂

After got a few bits of salad and fruit and also some chocolate coated popcorn yumnuts donuts and
a few other bits!🤷‍♀️
Really don’t help myself sometimes!

Also picked up a couple of magazines one gut health plan and an anti inflammatory plan one 🤷‍♀️
Will have a browse/read through and see if there’s anything I can take on board 😊

Have already eaten 2 of the donuts and a fair bit of the chocolate popcorn 🍿!

Need to make my packed lunch/ food to take to work tomorrow- time to try and get sensible again!

Pics of our cooked breakfast and other things mentioned.
Oh and my grenade bars arrived 😊

Attachments

• CCBD5598-7FB7-40E0-B10F-663299D4AF71.jpeg
    CCBD5598-7FB7-40E0-B10F-663299D4AF71.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • E87AE969-B8C8-43A0-8AAB-C3178217F19B.jpeg
    E87AE969-B8C8-43A0-8AAB-C3178217F19B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • C312A3BF-9D3B-4600-985A-5F62220E28AF.jpeg
    C312A3BF-9D3B-4600-985A-5F62220E28AF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • D657C6ED-D52D-4866-8655-607AF50D09D7.jpeg
    D657C6ED-D52D-4866-8655-607AF50D09D7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • A57525FA-3CF6-432F-A551-340F8FBDE296.jpeg
    A57525FA-3CF6-432F-A551-340F8FBDE296.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • C59248D4-44CA-4A59-BEB4-1F5E7EEF66FA.jpeg
    C59248D4-44CA-4A59-BEB4-1F5E7EEF66FA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 3832F1AC-2BCF-42FA-91CD-88FB95E717D0.jpeg
    3832F1AC-2BCF-42FA-91CD-88FB95E717D0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
Back to work today…
It’s a bit quiet atm , there was no deliveries 🚚 to do just collections, also had one of our other drivers out with me this morning as there was no work for him for a bit, went to Andover, Nursling, Totton then chandlers ford….
Had my lunch/tacho break then a couple more collections this afternoon, just a slow and steady day….

Took my packed lunch , well, had chocolate weetabix with almond milk mixed with chocolate protein powder, and topped with raspberries for a late breakfast.

Lunch was just a leerdammer light cheese tomato & cucumber sandwich, Pom bear crisps , cheese string and a skinny crunch bar.
Had a small box of apricot and raisin box a bit later.

Took skimmed milk into work for my coffee, but ended up getting coffee out the vending machine 🤷‍♀️

Finished work at 5.15 , on the way home stopped off for petrol and felt a bit hungry….

Thought I’d get a 5 pack of the go ahead biscuits, intending on having one and ended up eating all 5 on the way home!!🙄😬

Took Lucian, next doors husky for a 2 and half mile walk not long after getting home.

Then proceeded to eat 2 babybel cheeses, 4 mini flake bars, to miniature green and black chocolate bars, rh least of my white chocolate popcorn from M&S !!

And I did SO well until I finished work🙄🤷‍♀️😬😂

I will get sorted!
I suppose the binge when I was home wasn’t as bad as it could have been/usually is!

Some pics of some of my food today and some from work and my walk stats.

Attachments

• 9BF63E1C-6D5C-4534-92F1-6B473A806B61.jpeg
    9BF63E1C-6D5C-4534-92F1-6B473A806B61.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 652DFE48-5B59-434A-A09E-C72EAB332C53.jpeg
    652DFE48-5B59-434A-A09E-C72EAB332C53.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • AD465C91-2C82-4A61-8D76-C54824F06049.jpeg
    AD465C91-2C82-4A61-8D76-C54824F06049.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 1D746CDC-3043-4A21-8909-A7C3A147A5ED.jpeg
    1D746CDC-3043-4A21-8909-A7C3A147A5ED.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 4A91DC12-6DEA-42D9-9BA1-C665263C7668.jpeg
    4A91DC12-6DEA-42D9-9BA1-C665263C7668.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 40E3F055-DC6F-4161-9388-EDA2919BDF71.jpeg
    40E3F055-DC6F-4161-9388-EDA2919BDF71.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 7A0A5E50-CD03-498A-8A72-09AAA7EA41D5.jpeg
    7A0A5E50-CD03-498A-8A72-09AAA7EA41D5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Hi Zafira and Halley and Littlemissnaughty!

I'll put progress / failures / questions on here, and hope that some kind people will share information and encouragement and wisdom!

About a year ago I listened to a lot of YouTube talks on fasting. Jason Fung was especially informative. I started reducing the 'eating window', by skipping breakfast and not eating after 7pm. That makes a 'window' of about 7 hours. It's worked well in terms of not putting weight back on. But a long way to go still to be out of the 'overweight' range.

I was amazed at the role insulin plays in putting weight on, and how important it is to keep insulin levels down in order to lose weight.

Anyway, Zafira, could we have a few insights and good ideas from the magazines you bought? Controlling inflammation is a high priority, and gets higher the older I get!!

Hi Zafira

I've just started back today. Not been on here for a while, it's so quiet!!!! I used to love coming on here because it was always so busy. I will stick with it though because my diary is for my accountability, so it's good to see it written down.

What diet plan are you following? Good luck :)
Hi @littlemissnaughty i used to love this forum too!
I still do just hope it gets busier 🤞
My plan is to do calorie counting and some meal prepping 🤞
I did SlimmingWorld many times over the years but recent years have preferred calorie counting, so that it what I will do - using MyFitnessPal 😊
Good luck to you too, do you have a diary? And what plan are you following?

I'll put progress / failures / questions on here, and hope that some kind people will share information and encouragement and wisdom!

About a year ago I listened to a lot of YouTube talks on fasting. Jason Fung was especially informative. I started reducing the 'eating window', by skipping breakfast and not eating after 7pm. That makes a 'window' of about 7 hours. It's worked well in terms of not putting weight back on. But a long way to go still to be out of the 'overweight' range.

I was amazed at the role insulin plays in putting weight on, and how important it is to keep insulin levels down in order to lose weight.

Anyway, Zafira, could we have a few insights and good ideas from the magazines you bought? Controlling inflammation is a high priority, and gets higher the older I get!!
Hi @SmallSteps97 , yes do post up on here!
I tried fasting on occasions in the past , but then thought sometimes I did that naturally here and there just by the times I was actually eating?
And yes I can post up a few things from the magazines I bought will try to do that over this weekend or next week at some point 👍😊

Hi @SmallSteps97 , yes do post up on here!
I tried fasting on occasions in the past , but then thought sometimes I did that naturally here and there just by the times I was actually eating?
And yes I can post up a few things from the magazines I bought will try to do that over this weekend or next week at some point

Hi @littlemissnaughty i used to love this forum too!
I still do just hope it gets busier 🤞
My plan is to do calorie counting and some meal prepping 🤞
I did SlimmingWorld many times over the years but recent years have preferred calorie counting, so that it what I will do - using MyFitnessPal 😊
Good luck to you too, do you have a diary? And what plan are you following?

Haha I am exactly the same. I did SW for years but then switched to CC and lost 3 stone. I also use MFP.

Yes I have a diary :)

https://www.minimins.com/threads/little-miss-naughtys-food-diary.356685/

It’s the weekend!😀
I didn’t get up until 10.30 though - so tired 😴

The past 2 days weren’t great food wise!🙄
Thursday just bought and ate practically anything sweet/chocolatey! 🙄😬
Yesterday (Friday) had our driver trainer come out in my truck with me for the day - not to train - but just to get out the office as they’re changing it all around in there and asked if he could come out with me for the day - so I said yeah😊

Had deliveries to Swanage , Ferndown ,Christchurch and Lymington, so a fair old bit of driving from our yard in Southampton 😊

We stopped off on the way to Swanage at a garage with a “Greggs “ in and got coffees lunch etc for later, at Ferndown there’s another Greggs there so we go another Latte 😊

And when we got to Lymington there’s a Coffee Mongers where they do a
Most delicious Latte and I have 4 shots!😂 ( and get a discount being I go there often and I’m a driver)!😂

Went to Romsey after that for a collection and finished work at 6pm
But it made a change having a passenger and we had a laugh 😊

So th past 2 days I didn’t ‘diet’ or eat healthy, just ate what I wanted🙄😂

I plan to change that this weekend and next week!🤞

I need to get focused and consistent!

Today I have to get dressed in a mo and go and pic up my new varifocul glasses from spec savers and maybe get a few bit from sainsburys and sort out my ‘plan’!

Will be back later

I got my new glasses and they’re taking a bit of getting used to - I had varifocals before but these have a little bit bigger lens , looking straight is ok and down it’s the in between bit🤔
Will see how it goes if I can get used to them, if not will have to go back to spec savers….

Hubby came back from work lunchtime, had to take a student for his artic test as the tests were cancelled yesterday as the dvsa were on strike and an examiner said he would come in today if any of the instructors students wanted to test today instead.
Anyway hubby wanted to go into town to get a new watch, 2023 diary for work and u usb memory stick.

He said shall we get lunch in Poppins cafe… yeah ok , easily persuaded!🙄😂
I had a lasagne with baked potato and salad and a nice Latte 😊

Picked my daughter up on the way home .( she got me a free Wetherspoons latte with an espresso shot ☕😊

Apart from that haven’t got round to doing anything else…

Food wise apart from lunch I’ve eaten 3 crème eggs, some Reece’s peanut butter cups and just had more coffee at home, and just watched TV and chatted to hubby…🤷‍♀️

All good intentions and all that?!
I do seem to waste time not doing a lot rather than something useful…. Must change that!

Pic of lunch etc
Tomorrow is another day

Attachments

• 56237BB8-C6F9-4B1A-A900-3243D8E0ECBB.jpeg
    56237BB8-C6F9-4B1A-A900-3243D8E0ECBB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • 096711AE-4772-458E-B215-DB3D7BFA89F1.jpeg
    096711AE-4772-458E-B215-DB3D7BFA89F1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Got up at 10.30 this morning but still feeling tired but not able to sleep anymore 🤷‍♀️

Been thinking about how I’m going to do things diet wise ….

I think this week coming I’m going to make my lunches for work and try not to buy any junk food as well which seems to be my downfall 😏

I’m not going to count calories yet i don’t think just try and be sensible and see how it goes and if I get my mojo back a bit !
It seems to be lacking right now even though it’s a new year!
Got all intentions but nothing solid happening just still in my old ways of snacking on what’s available and unless going out not really eating any proper meals/foods!

I have though resigned up to “Oddbox” deliveries every fortnight which will deliver a large box of fruit and veg 😊 got one turning up Friday night and I have added a few “add ons” 😊

Hopefully that will inspire me to make meals and food prep etc again…
Will add pics at the end of what should be turning up- although there won’t be chickory as that is in my list of exchange for something else along With celeriac and fennel 😝

Today I’ve just been getting washing done, and pottering about indoors as the weather is awful outside- grey, cold rain/hailstones on and off 🙄
Still got ironing to do - hate ironing!

Food wise I’ve just had biscuits, pecan nuts and some crackers with butter 🤷‍♀️- not made any Sunday dinner or anything… might look in the freezer for something later to cook…

We really are a weird household when it comes to food/meals!
Hubby is borderline underweight and likes to live in junk food and takeaways, and meals out here and there…. He doesn’t like anything I make if it’s the slightest bit healthy ( which doesn’t help my cause!)
He will though have a roast dinner and odd other things here and there and if he cooks at home it’s usually a dry up or burger with chips or the like!

My daughter sometimes makes her own food too or eats out with her boyfriend, but will eat food I eat or cook and if it’s healthy she will too😊 and occasionally she will cook for me 😊

So not really helpful with planning a diet as such if I want to diet I have to plan for just me and do my own thing (and include my daughter if things take here fancy) ….

Oh and next weekend I’m supposed to be going out with hubby and his work colleagues for a night out of drinking etc 🙄 but I will try and merge that in with plans somehow 🙄🤔

Attachments

• EB7147DB-D861-4CD1-BCB6-B14C91318AA3.jpeg
    EB7147DB-D861-4CD1-BCB6-B14C91318AA3.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 9E02AAB6-1245-4E81-8A91-668A8A405903.jpeg
    9E02AAB6-1245-4E81-8A91-668A8A405903.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 7
Oh well , takeaway again then!
Hubby wanted a KFC so we got one delivered, I had a chicken burger tower box - chicken burger with hash brown and cheese, fries, corn 🌽 on the cob and a chicken drumstick 🍗

I am definitely going to stop having takeaways!
1 it costs too much ( especially when I’m paying 😂)
2. It’s just not overly healthy ( except the chicken meat , corn and salad from the burger 🍔)

Ok, rambling on again!

Another thing I must try to give up smoking!
Also to stop buying tailor made cigarettes too - SO expensive now! £10.40 for 20 and if I buy 20 a day that’s a fair amount of money I can save a week😳

I have a supply of disposable vapes I’ve been trying have instead- got to try harder on that too.

I mean why is trying to lose weight & give up smoking SO hard! 😏

Thinking about it…. The times I’ve been successful in the past has on occasion because I’ve tried something new to follow- I’ve been inspired?

Currently nothing is inspiring me , so it will have to boil down to getting in the new habit of just trying to be healthy and positive until motivation and determination sets in again …

Will still stick with my diary and hopefully soon I will have progress to report as well as just my ramblings!
That’s it for now, back to work tomorrow and hopefully a better day 🤞

Pic of my KFC meal

Attachments

• D3009E2D-DBF9-43D9-B240-A4382A445296.jpeg
    D3009E2D-DBF9-43D9-B240-A4382A445296.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Back