Will I find love??

I know everyone says that but sorry I don't believe that one, Unless a bloke is loaded with cash!!
I also don't find it easy with chat up lines and certainly dont come up with corny crap. Just tend to wait until we get chatting about something or other!!

Well I married a overweight skint bloke who's rubblish at chat up lines, or indeed anything remotely romantic. In fact, when he saw me walk down the aisle on our wedding day he said 'blimey, look at you' - despite my friends strict instructions to him to say 'wow - you look amazing' - she even made him practise it :).

You dont need to change who you are, you just need to find the right girl & there are loads out there who are able to look beyond the weight and see the great person. Not many of us actually like a chat up line tbh - I am thankful I now give off 'married attached, not interested signals' so I don;'t have to endure them anymore. Generally, we don't marry for money - what with us being able to earn it ourselves now (this also has the added advantage that we can legitimately spend it all on shoes and handbags without having to justify it to you :))

Be yourself, be confident and don't go full disclosure on the 1st date! Let people decide for themselves if your faults are an issue or not.

I'm in the same boat as you, granted Im 23 and have never had a proper relationship. I think part of my problem is I'm not confident in myself and if a guy does come up to me (not that its a regular occurrence) I automatically assume they're taking the pi$$. Could it be the same for you? A confidence issue as opposed to a weight issue?

This could be me writing this!! Only difference is that i'm 21 x

I'd never had a serious relationship until I got with my hubby (we were both coming up for 21), I'd known him ages & whilst he had the hots for me from the start it took me well over a year to realise he was a bit of alright.

He was working part time in a dead end job as he couldn't get a proper job. No money, messy red hair, terrible clothes, crap at chat up lines-you name it! Anyway that was 18 years ago & I've supported him through college & uni. He now has a great job after all the years of being skint & studying.

Not showing off about my life but just wanted to show we are not all shallow. Sometimes love happens in the strangest ways.

You will find love & happiness, perhaps just concentrate on getting yourself fit & a healthy weight & who knows what might happen? I know my confidence has increased greatly since losing 7 stone, still got a couple to go but I know that I am far more attractive to others now I am happier in my own, saggy skin.

Thankyou for the compliment, but sorry I am 36!! So less of an age gap!! Also from what I can see on your pic you look very good but 48 (guess) aint that old anyway!!
To be honest all of my serious relationships I have been the younger one, between 4 & 8yrs. Are you saying you are 9 1/2 stone and were heavier than your ex?? If so he must have been either very short or skinny as a bone as I would make you look very skinny, lol
LOL - he was 9.5st - still is about that. Nine stone is about the weight of my left leg these days! I'm not far off 17st and looking to lose 4 or 5 if I can. As another poster said - it eats into you when your OH has issues with your weight and then it becomes a confidence issue more than anything else. I think that's your beef tbh. You can't accept someone will like you for who you are rather than what you look like and what you earn. Avoid women like that like the plague! And stop worrying about having the right "chat up" lines - most women loathe them anyway - and just start talking to someone.

I'm with All About The Climb - it would never occur to me someone was talking to me because they liked me. I'd assume they had an eye on a mate of mine or were on a dare. :D Not all women assume the obvious. Fingers crossed for you t11cky. :)

I met my chap through an online dating website and even though I had to go through a lot of creepy messages and some rubbish dates at first I can now safely say I have found the love of my life.
I think online dating worked well for me as I got to know my boy well first with only a few photos to offer and to look at. We got know each others personalities and fell for those. Obviously attraction must play a part in it all but getting to know someone and liking them only for who they are inside first makes their beauty shine through. My boy is around 10 stone and he saw beyond my 16 stone something frame. Also it made our first date much more relaxed as it was like we'd known each other for ever.

An option to think about anyway :)

I wish you the best of luck in finding love. I never thought it would happen for me after how AWFUL my previous experiences were, I feel so happy to have found "the one" finally.:0chacha:

I met my chap through an online dating website and even though I had to go through a lot of creepy messages and some rubbish dates at first I can now safely say I have found the love of my life.
I think online dating worked well for me as I got to know my boy well first with only a few photos to offer and to look at. We got know each others personalities and fell for those. Obviously attraction must play a part in it all but getting to know someone and liking them only for who they are inside first makes their beauty shine through. My boy is around 10 stone and he saw beyond my 16 stone something frame. Also it made our first date much more relaxed as it was like we'd known each other for ever.

An option to think about anyway :)

I wish you the best of luck in finding love. I never thought it would happen for me after how AWFUL my previous experiences were, I feel so happy to have found "the one" finally.:0chacha:

Same here. I met my OH on POF.com. Although I wasn't HUGE (about 13stone when I met him) it was definitely the confidence issue for me. I had no confidence at all and was completely convinced I'd be alone forever - I'd never had a serious relationship before.

I met my partner on OkCupid, when we started talking I was with someone else who I loved so much but who abused and left me. I was left really traumatised and depressed and Nick was there to pick me up and help me recover. We got together on the first day of spring when I was at my heaviest and I know he'd love me if I weighed twice what I do. If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone :lilkiss:

Back