Will Power, how do you keep yours?

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Wow, a work colleague is following lighter life plan, and seven separate people thus far have offered her food. I feel quite bad, knowing she's not allowed food, yet when she declines people are constantly asking why not/if she's starving herself etc.

When I say no, it's no and no more questions are asked (granted I am about three stone heavier) but I've politely told them that I'm serious about this and can they stop asking me.
They still do though! Luckily there are very few biscuits I like, so I can actually say no.

How do you refrain/ stop other people trying to persuade you to eat the wrong things?

Elaine x

I think people handle people being on a food diet slightly better than they do people who go on a shakes/total food replacement diet, simply because they cannot fathom why anyone would willingly choose to forego food. Do they see her having her shakes or is she just appearing not to eat anything?

Theres also people who will kindly attempt to sabotage you, for various reasons, whether they like you as you are and see no need for you to change, or because they feel uncomfortable with their own bodies and find it hard to face the reality of someone else tackling their issues because it reminds them that they should be doing something about theirs.

Whatever the reason, it is hard to stop people doing this, but as long as you stick to your resolve and dont give in, just repeating "no thankyou" increasingly firmly if they persist - then they will eventually give up because no-one likes public rejection.

Wow, a work colleague is following lighter life plan, and seven separate people thus far have offered her food. I feel quite bad, knowing she's not allowed food, yet when she declines people are constantly asking why not/if she's starving herself etc.

When I say no, it's no and no more questions are asked (granted I am about three stone heavier) but I've politely told them that I'm serious about this and can they stop asking me.
They still do though! Luckily there are very few biscuits I like, so I can actually say no.

How do you refrain/ stop other people trying to persuade you to eat the wrong things?

Elaine x

I work in a busy office and most of my colleagues know that I am trying to lose weight before my holiday in June, but more recently then ever they seem to offer me chocs or biscuits or leave them in my draw for me to find. I just feel that they are trying to make me fail. The more I say no, I feel like Im the winner. I saved up lots of chocs in my draw and took the home for my children.
I dont think that you can stop other people trying to persuade you to eat the wrong things. We just have to remember that we are what we eat and that we are in control.:)

For me, I am totally up front with my office about being on SW. So when I am offered something I will either decline it or have a small peace of whatever.

I find as I am an upfront type of person, people seem to realise there is no point pressuring me because they know I'm gonna say no.

I do agree people can be 'funny' over food substituted plans and maybe they feel they should try and get the person to 'eat properly'

Our admin at work keeps offering me food on an almost daily basis. I've repeatedly told him I'm on SW and no thanks, but he continued. So I embarrassed him infront of the other staff by telling him he was a feeder and wouldn't be happy until I started shoving biscuits down my throat! Funnily enough he hasn't offered me food since then :)

I used to work with a guy who we all began to call my 'feeder'! He was always bringing me chocolate and cakes etc even though I'd tell him I was trying to eat healthy and didn't want them. One lunchtime he told me he was going to Macdonalds and did I want anything (I rarely eat there anyway). I said no thanks, I've got a packed lunch. He then tried to persuade me to have a McFlurry, which I really didn't want! I kept insisting that I didn't want one. He said, you may as well tell me what your favourite flavour is because I'm getting you one anyway. I'm sure he thought he was being generous but he was really starting to get on my nerves! I told him not to get one because I wouldn't eat it. Needless to say, he came back with one for me anyway, and I told him he shouldn't have bought it. It sat on my desk melting for about 15min until I gave it away to a colleague! I think he was a little offended, but then so was I! It seemed he was completely trying to sabotage my diet and willpower!

where I used to work, the boss's wife worked there sometimes too ( on the floor with the rest of us, not in the office ) and she would often bring in cakes and stuff and always offered me a piece despite numerous occasions of telling her no thanks I was on a diet..
I did relent once when it was actually her birthday.
I don't think she was trying to sabotage me and would always take no for an answer, she just didn't want to not ask in case I did want some and felt left out...
She was a mother type and made the tea for the boys and cooked food for them like toast or bacon sarnies for breakfast whenever she was in.. looked after us well..

When people make things themselves they're always so keen for you to try them - I'm the same, I just want everyone to know how good it is!!

I keep my desk stocked with fruit, the fridge in the office full of yoghurts, options sachets on hand, and I have my breakfast in the office too so that when everyone troops off to get bacon rolls, I happily sit there with my weetabix and banana.

Offices are always a nightmare when it comes to food. The office i'm in is tiny, but there's still always so much junk food kicking about, it's crazy. I seem to be doing alright in there though - so far!!

It's not so easy though when we get emails from the trainee chefs (I work in a college), with offers of cakes and pastries for next to nothing! The ******* always time it exactly when i'm starting to get peckish!!

Back