Will Weight Watchers work better for me than Slimming World?

Julia M

Hi there,
I have been at Slimming World for 4 weeks and, having 70lb to lose, was hoping for a cracking start to help me to stick to the plan. The weight loss however is really disappointing, 2lb, 3.5lbs, 1lb but this week I gained 1lb without doing anything wrong?? :mad::mad::(:eek: I find SW quite restrictive and I don't find the plan easy to follow. I just think given the massive changes that I've made to my eating, I should be getting better loss results this early on. Anyone who has changed from SW to WW and found a difference, would you please let me know? All experiences gratefully received!!

Hi there,
I have been at Slimming World for 4 weeks and, having 70lb to lose, was hoping for a cracking start to help me to stick to the plan. The weight loss however is really disappointing, 2lb, 3.5lbs, 1lb but this week I gained 1lb without doing anything wrong?? :mad::mad::(:eek: I find SW quite restrictive and I don't find the plan easy to follow. I just think given the massive changes that I've made to my eating, I should be getting better loss results this early on. Anyone who has changed from SW to WW and found a difference, would you please let me know? All experiences gratefully received!!
Hi Julia, I have tried Slimming World on two separate occasions and each time I have put on weight, so have given up. I have just rejoined a weight watchers club which is the only thing that seems to work for me , if you stick to it that is. Good luck.

6.5 lbs in 3 weight ins is really impressive! I understand that small losses on paper don't look great but when you add them up at the end of the month you an really see the different. You're almost your first half stone in your first month so i'd say you're doing well! I'd say give it a bit longer and if you aren't happy maybe try WW?

Personally I have found SW much easier to follow than WW and much less restrictive but everyone is different. Please don't be disheartened with your losses though. You're off to a great start!

I have changed from sw to ww with good results, i think sometimes the free food is a problem if you eat too much of it, even though it is free. Points are far better you can have anything as long as you point it, good luck xx

Its a personal thing.

For me, even with "all I could eat free food" I found SW too restrictive in the sense if you eat or drink anything other than the free food, you were off the wagon. Nights out or big family meals felt like I had messed up my whole week because I had completely blown my 5 a day syn allowance. (It was like 4 syns in ONE VODKA) Also, I had to make all meals from scratch and it was impossible to have a 'non organised day' (hard when working two jobs).

I prefer the flexibility of WW, No lunch or haven't got the time to cook today? Grab a sandwich/subway/café lunch/ready meal (anything!) and point it. If I have a night out planned, I can cut back and plan for it using the 'extra weekly points' I also like the fact I have to be accountable for everything. Everything (apart from veg and fruit) has a Smart Point - just like everything has a calorie - it doesn't seem sensible to me to make foods such as meat/eggs/pasta "unlimited" - it triggered binge eating behaviours in me and I was unable to master portion control - with WW I can and now I am loosing weight.

That being said, SW have an army of followers who swear by the plan - it just didn't suit my lifestyle or behaviour.

Its a personal thing.

For me, even with "all I could eat free food" I found SW too restrictive in the sense if you eat or drink anything other than the free food, you were off the wagon. Nights out or big family meals felt like I had messed up my whole week because I had completely blown my 5 a day syn allowance. (It was like 4 syns in ONE VODKA) Also, I had to make all meals from scratch and it was impossible to have a 'non organised day' (hard when working two jobs).

I prefer the flexibility of WW, No lunch or haven't got the time to cook today? Grab a sandwich/subway/café lunch/ready meal (anything!) and point it. If I have a night out planned, I can cut back and plan for it using the 'extra weekly points' I also like the fact I have to be accountable for everything. Everything (apart from veg and fruit) has a Smart Point - just like everything has a calorie - it doesn't seem sensible to me to make foods such as meat/eggs/pasta "unlimited" - it triggered binge eating behaviours in me and I was unable to master portion control - with WW I can and now I am loosing weight.

That being said, SW have an army of followers who swear by the plan - it just didn't suit my lifestyle or behaviour.
Why did you only have five Syns a day? It's 15 unless you are at a bit of a standstill surely. That means 300kcal of junk/wine/vodks.

Back