will you do slimming world forever?

I keep saying im going to have to go to a slimming worls class for life as when i stop going to class i end up a year or two later back again. So slimming world till target then weigh in weekly for life lol

I plan on following it forever, even now when I have a flexi day I try to have 1/3 superfree with my massively bad meals.
I think now I understand how to eat well and keep loosing weight, and hopefully maintaining my target. I can't see why I would ever give that up :)

I think that for most of us who follow this plan the options are keep on it, ok with flexibility, for life or we go back to our bad eating habits and gain weight again so for me yes it's for life.

I feel I have to continue with SW for life. I don't want to go back to where I started a year ago and I want to remain this size, this weight and this healthy. The only way to do that for me is to continue with SW. It's become a way of life now and I think that is the most important thing.

Been at target 10 months now and no intentions of going back to where I was before S W. The group I attend is fab and I help so not going anymore is just not an option. It is a way of life, a no brainer! S W rocks :)

i will definitely continue cooking the slimming world way. I now know that bread and cereal need to be limited and I proberbly won't count syns, just eat in moderation :)

I keep saying im going to have to go to a slimming worls class for life as when i stop going to class i end up a year or two later back again. So slimming world till target then weigh in weekly for life lol

Me too!
Following the plan doesn't really require a lot of effort, but I have to have the discipline of being accountable at class once a week.
I can't honestly say that I could imagine myself only having 2 HEBs per day for ever (I do Green), but hopefully when I reach target and am maintaining, I'll be able to have 3 or even 4.

As far as I'm concerned the Slimming World plan is for life. It's a great way to eat healthily and keep account of what and how much I am eating, which is the only way to keep the weight off.

I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand but I really believe being positive about this way of eating helps me stick at it. I think about all the benefits I am getting from it and all the foods I can have rather than worrying about what I might be missing out on.

Oh I definitely will the recipes I have tried are now family favourites. I don't think twice about the way i cook now and neither does hubby.

I won't stress as much when going out for a meal as I know I will just get straight back to healthy eating - like normal people. Years ago when it was mainly processed foods that were free I can remember a friend who was a personal trainer saying she would never advise anyone to do it but she has recently seen my food diary and said I was eating better than her and it was a super healthy plan.

I have a long way to go before j am in the situation though :)

Im going to stay and maybe be a bit more flexible the good thing is they teach you to mantain weight when you get to taregt and dont have to weigh in every week. Im staying at group when i get to target and will weigh in every other week. Theres no way i want to get big again! another stone and a half ill be at target :) we have ladies in the group that have been there 15 long years!!!!!

I'm rejoining today and hoping to get to target and stay with SW forever!

I would like to say yes, but 15 months in it is beginning to feel like a right old slog. When I started SW I used to think that people who couldn't Stick to it must have no inclination to loose weight. After all SW is so easy to follow. Why would you want to eat any other way? Suffice to say I am eating those words big time with a side helping of humble pie!

Don't under estimate how difficult this gets!

^^^ You are so right. I often think people wonder why I go to group. I lose and gain, lose and gain, lose and gain........ but I have to go else I'll gain and gain.

I eat the SW way, I have done for years. I just have too much other stuff!

I've been on...and off plan since Sept '10. When on plan I lose consistently, even with the odd treat and it seems to give me the discipline I need to eat 'properly'. When I've not been on plan it's almost like a green light to eat anything I want, even though I know it's bad.

I lost 3.5 stone, and put 2 back on, I'm now 1stone away from getting back to where I was in August last year.

I need to follow the plan for life, otherwise I'm just going to end up back where I was.

I would like to say yes, but 15 months in it is beginning to feel like a right old slog. When I started SW I used to think that people who couldn't Stick to it must have no inclination to loose weight. After all SW is so easy to follow. Why would you want to eat any other way? Suffice to say I am eating those words big time with a side helping of humble pie!

Don't under estimate how difficult this gets!

Can I ask - is it the SW way of eating you are fed up with or just the fact that you are on a diet?

I think most of us (if not all!) would say dieting isn't easy and get cheesed off at times but I do really love the SW plan. I couldn't imagine counting calories forever or WW points but I can imagine sticking to SW.

i don't think i can say "yes- definitely- forevah" but i fully intend on staying at sw. i love my group- i have made some good friends- including with my consultant- i love my time there and i'm always inspired by others.

also- i think being at target helps others. there have been quite a few people that have told me that they have either joined up or stayed because of how well i've done in the last year (and a bit). i love that i'm helping others- that spurs me on :)

I also used to think I would as loved the plan, when I got to my target however I began to feel differently. Sw is a weight loss plan so for most people needs adjusting at the point you no longer need to lose weight. I don't find that increasing hex's is a realistic long term way of doing that and have for a while been having a play with ww as quite like the flexibility of the points so I can have what I feel suits my lifestyle better currently.
I am not slating SW it is brill but I feel if they provided better options for maintainers it would be even better! I personally don't think the plan does cover maintenance very well and also feel the c's don't know what to do with maintainers either! (not all I know!) I think if I had been more prepared for that I would have stuck with sw even more, though I'm not saying I won't go back to it at all!
There are things I have learnt from sw that I do stick with though the ways of cooking without loads of oil and incorporating superfree foods into meals etc
Am not trying to p on anyones bonfire as its great so many people are enjoying the plan as much as I did but just share my current feelings on it

Can I ask - is it the SW way of eating you are fed up with or just the fact that you are on a diet?

I think most of us (if not all!) would say dieting isn't easy and get cheesed off at times but I do really love the SW plan. I couldn't imagine counting calories forever or WW points but I can imagine sticking to SW.

I;ve been thinking about how to answer this since I read it at 5.30am. Sad I know, but it took me a while ti realise what the difference is for me. I also had to get over my initial reaction of 'screw you - come back and talk to me about this when you've been doing SW longer than 4 months' I realised that was a massive overreaction, and also, I probably would have wrote something very similar to you 4 months in, and someone probably would have thought 'screw you - come back to me when you've been doing this longer than 4 months!' So, anyway.

The basic fact is that my life is very different to when I started SW. 15 months ago I did a job where I worked from home 3 days a week. This left me with a lot more time to prep, and reduced the likeihold of me diving off the wagon. My confidence was very low in terms of my body image so I would as a general rule of thumb avoid the majority of social events - again, reducing the likelihood of me falling off the wagon.

Now, I am in a job where I am up at 5.30am, don't get home till 7pm, go to the gym 3/4 times a week. SW on Saturday mornings, and as I am part of the social team I am there from 8.30am till 12 noon, and then Sunday I batch cook for the week so I don't have to cook in the evenings when I get back from the gym. Plus the rest of the housework and washing that hasn't been done during the week, and foos shopping. I also have a more active social life as my confidence has grown and I feel less self conscious about myself. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all to be honest!

So, sometimes when I go out, I really don't want to worry about how many syns are in my vodka, so I don't and some sundays i really can't face spending 5 hours in the kitchen batch cooking, so I don't. I tell myself I can just cook double a couple of evenings. But then you get into a rut cos you're eating the same thing 2 nights in a week, so you don't fancy it, and you're late, and tired, and the OH hasn't washed up (again!), and its much easier to phone for a take away.

That before you get into the whole 'I'm slimmer than I have been in my adult life and its freaking me out' issue.

Sorry, turned into a bit of a ramble, and like Emsie, I really don't want to p on anyones parade. I love how enthusiastic people are about SW. It has genuinely changed my life for the better - I just hope that some poeple can learn from my naive mistakes :)

Kingleds thank you for your honesty. I have been doing this since last october and have to admit some weeks it's ok others it's a real slog so I can imagine how hard it is for you with all those other changes.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back