winter hobbies

CHRISR

Gold Member
Been thinking of the dark nights and winter weather that is looming and what can I do to stop me going to the fridge when Im bored!

I am going to do some knitting, cross stitch, jewellery making etc and try to learn more french (future son in law - french)
Does anyone else have any different hobbies
Of course hobbies have to fit in with other duties e.g. work, taxi service, chef, house, laundry.................

:superwoman: (super woman)

I am an avid Cross Stitcher, I adore it, and I do knit too, I also love crosswords and word puzzles, and I read.

Since joining SW I have become a cook (from scratch) again, so I shall be cooking more this Winter too.

Ive been doing Cross Stitch & Knitting for years when time allows. I tend to do them more during the winter months rather than summer. My all time fave hobby is reading i always have books on the go (murder/mystery)
I enjoy cooking too yes thanks Donnie - i'm going to do a bit more planning and cook stuff for the week that i can freeze so i'm never stuck for anything to eat in a sometimes very hectic week.

I do cross stitch and knitting but I'm getting bored with such things and my cat (now 9 months) won't let me do anything like that in peace.

I used to do stand-up comedy, I also wrote for a monthly (stage based) comedy show and I've been quite successful at blogging... I think what I'd like to do next is to investigate setting up a podcast. I'd like to do something funny but I need to work out exactly what it would be for/about. Or maybe I should get into performing on the Manchester comedy scene (I was in Brighton before and could always get gigs there)? I dunno.

I'm unemployed and going a bit mad, so I need to do something new.

I didn't know you were a comedienne SD! How exciting! I got a sewing machine this year but I haven't used it yet! So I'll have a go at altering my clothes and making some curtains. I spend hours making seed lists! It used to be flowers, but now it's mainly veg, and especially chillis! I love to read, but haven't been to the library in months!
Oh and I have 2 cardigans waiting for buttons (one is an arran I did 7 or 8 years ago!)

My friend is into doing craft things and she showed me a way of doing pictures with wax on photo paper with an iron so I fancied having a go at that. You just need a cheap iron from tesco or somewhere and some photo paper and she uses wax crayons but you are supposed to use this special wax and you rub colour over iron then put it across paper then wipe and add next colour and the pictures you can do are amazing.

I knit hats for new born babies in less fortunate countrys.. which i quite enjoy. I also took up reading this year, so shall proberly turn to that.

As much as i love summer i do like winter, and all the festivness - i just hate this in between bit, not hot.. not cold.. by a coat and your judged, by new sandles and your accused of wishful thinking! LOL ah, to be abroad :( *sigh* lol

My friend is into doing craft things and she showed me a way of doing pictures with wax on photo paper with an iron so I fancied having a go at that. You just need a cheap iron from tesco or somewhere and some photo paper and she uses wax crayons but you are supposed to use this special wax and you rub colour over iron then put it across paper then wipe and add next colour and the pictures you can do are amazing.

I just Googled about that, "Encaustic Painting", it calls it. It looks awesome! That's a new one on me and I'm pretty old! Hahaha!

Link: Almost Abstract/How to paint with wax using an iron

How about home made Christmas presents this year, jams, chutney, pickles etc, small framed cross stitch pictures, knitted gloves, scarves hats etc. Hand made Christmas cards are good too and can be fitted in round the rest of lifes duties.

I love to do jigsaw puzzles and read alot, but my main hobbies are knitting and crochet. I make a lot of things for babies and reborn dolls, at the moment I am crocheting a shawl.

All good ideas - never heard of the wax painting craft before going to have a look at that. Thanks for the link SD and go and get on that stage!!! x

I go snowboarding in the evenings at my local dry slope, BUT, this does give me an appetite!

I'll have to make sure i take some syn free snacks with me this year, last year i would rely on protien bars and a red bull!!

The Oh and I love our winter hobbies..... heheheheheh!

And our summer ones..... and a our spring ones.... and there is always our autumn ones.

Our latest edition was a winter one

LOL !

Phil x

Back