wonder if you guys can help.. what would you do?

amethyst

Banned
i wish to empty my house in wales and take all belongings to leicester..

i will need a 7.5 tonner ( know this because this was used to move me to that house in wales 3 mnths ago) ..

do you think we should go via removal company £750-1k (quoted) or hire a lorry (Oh has lorry licensE).. if we hire, kids can not go in the lorry so we will need to find baby sitters for a few days as i havent passed my test, will be hard with our toddler
sad.gif

dont know what to do? what would you do? i just want to get my stuff up here asap...

think i would hire a lorry if that was the cheper at least you could get moving at your own pace and not a company. Although a company would be handy as they pack everything for you. what about one of the parents to mind the kids for a while?

my mums in wales will be happy to have my 9 yr old but she dont do babys lol...

dont know what to do or how to go about it.. i know i will need to be there to pack up so perhaps if i go back with the kids pack the house, oh comes down gets me and the kids and then higher removal company to do the rest?

have answered my own question havent i? lol

just the cost urghh going to take a while to save .. it is much easier though ?
its such a long way away
what would you do?

id tell your ma to take the baby!!! seriously. When we bought our house my dad organised a company for us and my mum took the baby for weekend.

It's not that hard to mind a baby what about a close friend that's good with baby?

my mum aint got the patience to be honest, lol ... theres oh parents but they old and i have to be honest i dont trust them!! she will have to be with me..

think removal company is the best way..

lol

When we moved here a year ago, i priced some removal companies but in the end we decided to use a self-hire and do the packing ourselves. OH's parents helped with the children & packing and then one of his friends helped with the actual move & getting the furniture loaded & unloaded at this end. We hired a Luton (i think? lol) for a weekend Fri-Mon and basically once i got packed up at the old house i went then to the new house & left OH & his mate to get on with things, then when they got here, they unloaded & I unpacked. However because we only hired a big van it did take a couple of trips, but we only moved 35 miles.
Personally i'd hire a self drive lorry & save the pennies :D

Good luck with your move!

i moved from northern ireland to sheffield travelling by ferry via scotland ( yes im mad! )

my sisters OH and his mate came over with 2 luton vans (£200 per van ) i had a 3 peice suite, washeing machine, dryer, fridge, my bedroom set, wee ones bedroom set plus all our worldly goods ( 8 suitcases and 30 60L boxes and all my wee ones equipment and oxygen. could have fitted it into the one really
i payed the lads in beer! lol
would have been way too costly with a removals firm

Back