Woo Hoo! I've ticked one thing off the list!

KittyB

Gold Member
Help!

A big ask, but does anyone have a template for an Order of Service for a CoE wedding that they can email me?

I can't seem to get my head together over the wedding preparations and I've realised that our meeting with the vicar this afternoon will be centered around the arrangements and that we'd promised we'd take along out OOS.

I'm hopeless :(

Kitty xxx

I told you before you're like my Guardian Angel :)

Just got to find the words to the hymns we've choosen now and get cutting and pasting :)

Oh my god, I'm a walking disaster area. It's just 65 days to the wedding, I've not sent out an invite...done half the things I need to do and diet wise, I topped off day 1 with 6 pieces of Galaxy (wtf?) yesterday had 2 funerals and then polished off two glasses of wine.

Someone please engage their foot with my backside!

Kitty xxx

Hmmm not even sent out invites....blimey get going hun......Consider your backside well and truly booted.

Kitty!
Stop this bad behaviour!
You have about the same amount of time left as me and our invitations went out yonks ago.
Don't worry about your OOS your minister should provide you with one f you ask :)
x

It's official - I am a complete failure.

I postponed the meeting with the vicar because I hadn't finished everything I thought I should have done by now...like choose the readings or indeed ask someone to read them!!!
Bluddy hell.

My OH is so laid back and if I'm honest, I don't seem to be doing much more than a ruddy ostrich(sp?) impression just lately.

I've had several dreams in the last week or so about things going wrong, the latest of which is that everyone is at the church except me, and I'm still in my jeans delivering invites, trying to get people to the church with half an hour to go, and then not being able to get ready.....
Eeeeek, maybe this is playiong on my mind much more than I thought.

Kitty xxx

Right, I've finally completed the info to go with the invitations which means they can go out in the post tomorrow!!!

:)

Can I have a gold star please?! LOL

This may seem like a baby step, but it really has been a huge achievement for me to get my head out of the sand and to do something off my own back :eek:
Kitty xxx

Well done, why dont you meet with the minister and ask him for ideas on hymns and readings as it is his job and he could make suggestions for you to look at then choose from them.
This is what I did as I didnt have a clue......lol. I even asked him which would be a good day to marry on .......he said a great day would be easter monday as everyone should be off work for easter, the church would be full of flowers too because of the celebrating christs rising......so this is the day we chose, it saved us on flowers for the church and everything......lol.

Back