Working on me

Jenny_b

Gold Member
Hey, I’m Jenny.
rejoined Sw on Tuesday after doing and failing a vlcd for the last few months. Vlcds are just not for me, I love food, I love eating out and having a few drinks, every time I did that, I’d feel guilty and terrible and then annoyed at myself. This way I can eat plenty of food and still go out etc.
Last night we went to the pub, I had steak, jacket potato with beans and salad, I’d already used my heathy extras and syns as wasn’t planning on eating out so I was really pleased with my choices and syn free meal 😀

on Tuesday I weighed 13st 7lbs, I want to be back in the 11s so bad 🤞 my goal last time was 11st 6.5, I felt so good at that weight but think I’d like to be a little less so thinking high 10s maybe.

my last sw journey resulted in a 6 stone loss in around 10-11 months to take me to my goal weight, I was maintaining for a year before falling pregnant with my 1 year old. I love sw but over lockdown I just couldn’t stick to it, hoping now groups are back to normal and I can get weighed each week, I’ll be able to do well again 🤞💪😀

As the title says ‘working on me’ I really want to focus on becoming as healthy as I can, also working on any issues I have with food and elsewhere in my life. I’m hoping to be feeling loads better by the end of the year. Anything is possible 🥰

I’ll try and update daily x x

Today I tried to weigh at home and the batteries died in my scales 😂 taking that as a sign to stay off the scales and just get weighed once a week at group. I’m doing my best for a good first weeks loss.
plan is -
stick to plan 100%
Walk at least an hour a day
100 sits ups a day
At least 2.5l of water

Jenny! Ediited because I realise it's you! Good luck with yr new plan. Updating daily is a great idea. It keeps us focused!

Welcome back to sw and good luck with your weight loss journey and reaching those milestones along the way. I am also following sw programme and have been for the last 8 months.

Welcome back to sw and good luck with your weight loss journey and reaching those milestones along the way. I am also following sw programme and have been for the last 8 months.
Hey, thank you.
how have you got on so far? I loved sw last time so hoping I’ll have the same results this time 🤞
x x

Day 4, feeling great and so happy I decided to do sw again. I’ve planned my food and exercise for the day. I’ve really upped my water this week, hoping for a good first loss on Tuesday 🤞 5lbs would be fab 😀

off to do my sit ups before picking my son up from nursery x

Another day on plan, I’m feeling back in the swing of sw now. Sw all is much better now they have barcode scanner and daily food planner. I’m tracking everything I eat and logging exercise too.
hoping to be back at goal by my birthday 🤞
Goodnight x x

Good to read you are on track to continue shedding more, in a way that suits you, Jenny. Have a fab weekend.

Busy baking cakes today, I’ll do my very best to resist the cake mixture and buttercream 😂
Plan for today, spend next hour baking and cleaning. Then take the little ones out for a long walk, sit ups, decorate and deliver cakes, if the weather is ok later then we’ll all go to the park or woods so that will be a good amount of steps too 😀
Have a good day x x

Morning,

my precious Skylar decided to wake at 3am, she finally went back to sleep around 6.30, I’m exhausted. Couldn’t stay in bed any longer as my back was hurting but she’s still fast asleep lol.
got baking orders to do, luckily most of them were done and collected/delivered yesterday so not much to do today.
When I was in bed last night, I realised I’d gone over syns 😢 so I’ll be having less today to make up for it.
Have a good day all x x

Hey, thank you.
how have you got on so far? I loved sw last time so hoping I’ll have the same results this time 🤞
x x
This is my first attempt at slimming world. Last time i lost a big chunk of weight (8 stone) i was just doing portion control. But this time round i wanted something more structured and support . As i want to maintain this time around once i lose the weight.

I have been highly motivated due to the fact about 18 months ago I hit rock bottom. I was virtually bed bound. After getting lymphoedema in both legs. I then got cellulitis as my legs were huge and starting to crack as the skin couldn't stretch any further. Then from the cellulitis I got ulcers in both legs. So then I couldn't move without help. Lymph fluid was leaking all day and night from my legs. The straw that broke this camels back was getting ulcers. One was a doozy at around 4 inch wide and 5 inches long. Fast forward to now. I wear compression bandages all day and night this is turn drained 2.5 litres from one leg and 3 litre from the other. They calculate this amount at the lymphoedema clinic by standing in this contraption and it works it all out how much fluid you have or have lost. I was a nurse so I trained my husband now to dress my ulcers. It was at the beginning of lockdown so I thought at least if we do it ourselves not having different nurse coming in daily to dress it increasing our risk of getting covid19. Plus we could dress it to suit ourselves at what time was good for us. My ulcer was healed so in October last year I embarked on slimming world but I did it myself from what I could find of the internet. I was too ashamed at the state I had gotten myself in. but after I lost about 3.5 stone I felt brave enough to join slimming world and minimins online. People have been great and have answered my questions and supported me along the way.

So if I feel myself waving i recall how I was in bed needing help for everything and i don't ever want to be in that state again or the pain. The ulcer pain was on another level despite taking large doses of tablets.

I have miscalculated my syn before now I do the same as you that over the next day or two i just have a little bit less so that over the 2 to 3 days i have not had anymore syns than I should. I can have 20 syns per day but I normally sit at around 15 that is even with 2 treats such as a bliss bar and a pkt of puft hula hoops crisp. For me treats is something I look forward to each day and keep me on plan.

What an important post, Orc. Thank you for sharing. And thank you, Jenny for showing how you can move from a vlcd to another plan.

If you are reading this, lurking anonymously, stop. Sign up and take action by joining us on Minimins to tackle your excess weight.

Hey, had such a busy day today. Managed to stick to plan again 😀💪 been out walking for around 90 mins in total. Only 2 more days until weigh in 🤞 x x

Well done to staying on plan when you were baking and decorating cakes. I just can't bake or have any in the house as I can't just leave them alone.
Good you are going to Slimming World where you know you are being weighed so have to be good. Only 2 days until week 1 is over. :)

What an important post, Orc. Thank you for sharing. And thank you, Jenny for showing how you can move from a vlcd to another plan.

If you are reading this, lurking anonymously, stop. Sign up and take action by joining us on Minimins to tackle your excess weight.
Thankyou, I hope it shows to others there is light at the end of the tunnel and if you want to alter how things are there is help here and others will help you choose a programme that is right for you and your life style by explaining what there programme is all about. Something we can stick to life long rather than a quick fix which isn't sustainable in the long term.

This is my first attempt at slimming world. Last time i lost a big chunk of weight (8 stone) i was just doing portion control. But this time round i wanted something more structured and support . As i want to maintain this time around once i lose the weight.

I have been highly motivated due to the fact about 18 months ago I hit rock bottom. I was virtually bed bound. After getting lymphoedema in both legs. I then got cellulitis as my legs were huge and starting to crack as the skin couldn't stretch any further. Then from the cellulitis I got ulcers in both legs. So then I couldn't move without help. Lymph fluid was leaking all day and night from my legs. The straw that broke this camels back was getting ulcers. One was a doozy at around 4 inch wide and 5 inches long. Fast forward to now. I wear compression bandages all day and night this is turn drained 2.5 litres from one leg and 3 litre from the other. They calculate this amount at the lymphoedema clinic by standing in this contraption and it works it all out how much fluid you have or have lost. I was a nurse so I trained my husband now to dress my ulcers. It was at the beginning of lockdown so I thought at least if we do it ourselves not having different nurse coming in daily to dress it increasing our risk of getting covid19. Plus we could dress it to suit ourselves at what time was good for us. My ulcer was healed so in October last year I embarked on slimming world but I did it myself from what I could find of the internet. I was too ashamed at the state I had gotten myself in. but after I lost about 3.5 stone I felt brave enough to join slimming world and minimins online. People have been great and have answered my questions and supported me along the way.

So if I feel myself waving i recall how I was in bed needing help for everything and i don't ever want to be in that state again or the pain. The ulcer pain was on another level despite taking large doses of tablets.

I have miscalculated my syn before now I do the same as you that over the next day or two i just have a little bit less so that over the 2 to 3 days i have not had anymore syns than I should. I can have 20 syns per day but I normally sit at around 15 that is even with 2 treats such as a bliss bar and a pkt of puft hula hoops crisp. For me treats is something I look forward to each day and keep me on plan.
Thanks for sharing that, wow you’ve been through a lot. Well done for doing something about your weight, guess a lot of people just feel so down that they continue to eat for comfort. I hope your legs totally heal one day x x

I’ve read so many diaries when not on plan and wished I could do something to change. Minimins is such great support x x

Back