Working out on an empty stomach?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by thejoyofanonymity, 17 April 2014 Social URL.

1. thejoyofanonymity

thejoyofanonymity Miss ChatterBox

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Intermittent Fasting / Healthy Eating
    Hey, so quite a few of my workouts at the moment are done first thing in the morning before I go to work. I'm not a big breakfast eater, I just don't feel hungry at that time of the morning. I've also seen some positive and negative things online about whether you should/shouldn't eat before working out in the morning.

What do you guys do if you exercise in the am - I'm not eating at the moment and finding it fine but don't want to be hurting my body unnecessarily.

Ta :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    i really struggle eating early on, so a cup of coffee is usually my pre exercise breakfast.
    its worked ok when ive done a 5k park run, but I have to force myself to eat before a marathon

4. Dietninja

Dietninja Mostly plant based

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Green
    Most of my workouts are first thing without breakfast. I'm used to it and I know there's research for and against but it works for me. I wouldn't go longer than 60 mins without fuelling though. And I generally have a protein shake / smoothie etc after, on the way to work

5. thejoyofanonymity

thejoyofanonymity Miss ChatterBox

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Intermittent Fasting / Healthy Eating
    Thanks for the tips :) I seem to be doing okay without eating in the morning so I'll stick with going how my body feels... :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.