worrying about maternity pay

No it's if you earn more than 26k you don't get them x

Thanks Mrs S, I wrote it on the phone this morning so must have spelt it wrong :-(
I had meant you dont get them if you earn MORE than 26k.

with my first i got tax credits, the additional baby tax credit, and child benefit. Now we have more cash though (but more bills :-( - mortgage, nursery - i dont want to disrupt my daughter too much by taking her out of nursery altogether as that means she wont see her friends and will have a baby instead!) but we get less this time. Least get more child benefit though.

When my LO was first born we got full tax credits because dh was still on an apprentice wage but now even though he has alot better pay were prob worse off and have less spare money cus we have a more expensive house etc x

Yep us too. Our mortgage was low first time round but we have since moved and its more than doubled. The benefit system annoys me as we are classed as middle income, have to save to have 2nd baby, have to wait do we don't have 2 in nursery at same time (2 in nursery costs more than I earn). Even when I have 1 in nursery and 1 in pre /after school clubs I will basically earn £300 a month after tax. That's only just more than u get on job seekers allowance!

Yet we get nothing off the government and pay taxes to finance ppl who don't work and have loads kids whereas we couldn't afford to have 2 with a small gap.

I could really do with a new car, my little punto will be a squeeze with 2 car seats never mind trying to get anything on boot so don't even think we will manage a UK holiday once baby is here.

Rant over .... haha the new baby will be well worth a few years of hardship.:)

Exactly same it's not fair if you arnt on minimum wage they don't care what happens to you, we have a punto too and I know what you mean about the car seats haha we could do with a new car but gunna have to wait til next year when we finish paying loan off and then get another to buy a new car, at least we know we have done it ourselves and not lived off the system to have our babies eh x

It annoys me to when you know others abusing the system! I got a friend and her family don't work get every benifit going including disability even though theres nothing wrong with them and they have much more money coming in than wot we do and we both always worked hard to do best for our girls im not working now due to childcare costs for two children xx

I know quite a few people that are on the fiddle but I know if I tried to do it it would be me that got caught typically so wouldn't even bother, there's so many people on my Facebook I know from school etc that just pop kids out and it does piss me off that my dh spends all hours out the house and hardly sees us, working his arse off and £100s of his wages every week go to these scroungers that have a better lifestyle than what we can afford! I'll never understand how that works!

i know so many people that do it and it frustraes me.me and oh work amd we get crap wages amd still have never claimed .we struggle every month paying all our bills .
my next door neighbour is 20 has a boy of two and has never worked and claims singley but her oh lives with her too Nd he doesnt wrk either.for the exact same house they get everythin paid for

Back