Worst hotel you ever stayed at.

Tyraboots

We stayed at a hotel near Waterloo station for an early Eurostar train.
the guy who owned the hotel also owned the chip shop next door. we had to go in there and pay him. He sat at a table in the far corner of the shop just like Tony Soprano at the Bada Bing club. He pointed at a tiny African guy to caryy our luggage. He was about 4ft 5 and was lame, dragging a useless limb behind him. I took the luggage off him we foolowed him up five flights of stairs which were almost vertical.Our room resembled a bedsit fornm the 1950s complete with beds whose matresses must have been made from fists. Instead of sleeping I slept with one eye on the wonky door al night. What a dump.

Crikey!
I don't think I've ever had a bad hotel. I did stay at a Pension on a Greek island once which while being absolutely lovely had a bathroom infested with tiny little flies, about fruit-fly sized. That was... odd.

Hotel in Newquay - had a room right about the kitchen extractor fans and my window was covered in the yellowing fat of 1000s of cooked breakfasts.

The Grand Hotel Scarborough - scary place - half the building held up by scaffolding, bowls of disinfectant at the doors due to Norwalk virus outbreaks, food shortages at breakfast and dinner, and scary groups of pensioners from Leeds standing over us while we were eating our meals as there weren't enough spaces in the dining room for everyone.

For some reason, I've ended up many times in Glasgow (go figure). And two out of the three hostels I've stayed at were downright disgusting and not sanitary. No locks on doors, no cleaners, etc. Was scared to sleep in the bed but had no choice. Yeah, never again.

Back