Worst job for a slimmer

sarah83

Try and try again
Mmmmm...... sweeties!!
Today I have spent about an hour and a half making individual bags of pic-n-mix to give out in our office tomorrow for a little celebration day we're having.
Packing up 200 little paper bags from the huge tubs from cash and carry, making sure the right number of each sweet was included too. They smelt amazing!!!

And... I managed to only eat 5 :angel09:

Just wondered if you had any horrible jobs you've had to do which are torture when you're trying to stick to plan... ?

Not me personally, but there is a woman that goes to our group that does amazingly well considering she works in a well known high street bakery chain!!! That would KILL me.

Mmmm freshly baked bread. How does she cope?!!
I'd give in by 10am every day!!

I work shifts and on nights shifts everyone brings in cakes, biscuits, sweets and crisps and the whole table covered in temptation is within reaching distance. Especially bad when you are tired and bored and hungry....

i just made chocolate muffins and fairy cakes with kids :( ... i didnt eat 1 :)

I used to work in a fish and chip shop..the smell put me off from eating them, so did the grease!
I also used to ice cakes for several well known high street shops..if you see how much grease is used to keep the icing in place..you would never want to eat one again!

I only work in Wilkinson's so luckily I don't come face to face with temptation often, but I always seem to be the person who has to put out all confectionary... Thorntons chocolates do tempt me a little! xxx

I make cakes and party food for friends and family fairly regularly but I haven't found it too bad as I don't have a really sweet tooth. Think I might have struggled if i'd worked on a cheese counter in a deli though....hmmmmm cheeeeeese....lol

I used to work on a reception and people would constantly try to feed me! Leftover sandwiches from meetings, cookies and cakes from coffee mornings, you name it they brought me it! That was pre-SW and back when I just started "watching" what I was eating. Before I started working full time I worked weekends in a kitchen and part of the deal was that I got free breakfast and lunch, so I probably put a lot of weight on then too!

Now I'm working away in an admin office so there's not much chance of having to work around food.. I just have to resist the goodies people bring in!

I cook for DH every night......... he loves pastry, roast potatoes, sausage rolls, you name it if it is fattening and unhealthy he loves it, and he is slim !!!!

Only the sausage rolls tempt me.

I cook for DH every night......... he loves pastry, roast potatoes, sausage rolls, you name it if it is fattening and unhealthy he loves it, and he is slim !!!!

Only the sausage rolls tempt me.

You're too good to him... my hubby gets what he's given, SW friendly ;)
(luckily for me he likes it too!!)

i used to work on the deli counter in sainsburys, and i was CONSTANTLY picking at anything i could get my piggy fingers on! cheese, ham, salamis, pate, parma ham, roast chicken, sausage rolls, pasties, chicken satay sticks, samosas and bhajis etc etc it was totally disgraceful! :( no wonder i got this big!! xx

i used to work on the deli counter in sainsburys, and i was CONSTANTLY picking at anything i could get my piggy fingers on! cheese, ham, salamis, pate, parma ham, roast chicken, sausage rolls, pasties, chicken satay sticks, samosas and bhajis etc etc it was totally disgraceful! :( no wonder i got this big!! xx

Yeah but what a way to do it !!

I bake pastries and treats for kids just to have extra income. I love the smell of newly baked cakes. It's hard though not to taste what you've made.

I used to work in a chippy, was pretty tough when you were busy and hungry, not to just grab a sausage sandwhich or chip butty!!

My sweetie problem yesterday sounds quite measly compared to all of yours!!
Emma-Louise - that would definately have been the worst for me, all those meats and cheese mmmm... it would have been rude not to!!

Back