Would you super lose if....

Do you mean just having free foods and no HEs or syns? If so then the answer would be no. Your HEs are there to ensure you have a balanced diet and do not contribute to improved losses so not having them isn't going to make you loss more. And you daily syn allowance only adds up to about 300 calories or 2100 over a week, so not even enough to increase your loss by 1lb. And in fact some people find that they actually lose less when they don't have all the elements of the SW plan.

I always follow either red or green days & found when I have both hex's my loses are better.

I've tried similar things, just having free food, no HEX choices and no syns and when I've done that my weight losses have been really disappointing, quite frankly not worth refraining from those things at all. I did it last week and I lost 2.5 pounds when I've had weeks where I've had all my syns and my HEX and lost 5 or 6 - not worth starving yourself over.

not eating enough or in balance will just make your body go into starvation mode and/or mess up your metabolism. thats why i stuff my face :D

However, the more superfree food you eat the better, and the more you will boost your weight loss. For a healthy diet you should be eating all elements of the plan.

Hi
I was thinking of having a 'superfree' day today (but include my Hex's) as I really need to give my weightloss a boost for WI yesterday after a naughty weekend.

It's just a bit tricky trying to think of 3 decent meals to have which are superfree. I was going for:

Breakfast: Quorn sausage and tinned toms on toast (HexB)

Lunch: Superfree quiche with spring onion, peppers, butternut squash and topped with sliced tomatoes

Dinner: Was going to have the rest of the quiche (warm this time) with salad and home made coleslaw and cheese (HexA)

Other HexA used in coffees through the day, and would use my B choice either for olive oil in salad dressing or some Alpen lights.

Syns: 1 or 2 in the coleslaw for mayo, plus a couple for SF jelly and squirty cream for pud

Plus Mullerlight and fruit to snack on through the day

Do you think it would give my weightloss a boost?

Sarah, the definition of superfree has changed now and it only includes fruit and non starchy veg. Also on Extra Easy you should have a third of your plate made up of superfree.

So whilst your food diary for the day is pretty good, it includes a lot of free foods such as eggs in the quiche, quorn etc. It's very difficult to have a completely superfree day especially as there is no superfree protein.

For a boost in weight loss just try having lots more fruit and veg and less of the free food. However, the old Success Express plan was good for boosting weight loss and that included two thirds superfree with each meal with superfree including eggs, quorn, VLF cottage cheese etc. So you food diary should still be good for a boost.

Hi
I was thinking of having a 'superfree' day today (but include my Hex's) as I really need to give my weightloss a boost for WI yesterday after a naughty weekend.

It's just a bit tricky trying to think of 3 decent meals to have which are superfree. I was going for:

Breakfast: Quorn sausage and tinned toms on toast (HexB)

Lunch: Superfree quiche with spring onion, peppers, butternut squash and topped with sliced tomatoes

Dinner: Was going to have the rest of the quiche (warm this time) with salad and home made coleslaw and cheese (HexA)

Other HexA used in coffees through the day, and would use my B choice either for olive oil in salad dressing or some Alpen lights.

Syns: 1 or 2 in the coleslaw for mayo, plus a couple for SF jelly and squirty cream for pud

Plus Mullerlight and fruit to snack on through the day

Do you think it would give my weightloss a boost?

Quorn sausage isn't a superfree food any more (it may be free on both days but isn't S/F). Nor are the eggs and cottage cheese used in the quiche.

However, eating all the superfree veg would make a difference.

Sorry should have been clearer, I didn't mean superfree in EE talk (i.e. fruit and veg) - just free on both choices or neutral free food.
Just wondered if I picked from the free choices with restricted carbs/protein and lots of fruit and veg if it would give me a boost... I need all the help I can get after being naughty this weekend!

That will definitely give you a boost. But don't forget that some free foods that are protein are speed foods such as chicken and turkey and even superspeed such as cod. The day before weigh in I always have a strict red day with a dinner of cod, roasted veg and HEB of new potatoes. That always give me a boost.

Thanks for the tips Teresa - I might have some chicken tonight instead then with a speedy salad!

Your tip must definately work - you've done amazing losing almost 3.5stone!!

Thanks, Sarah. However, my losses have been quite slow. I lost 1 and 1/2 stone in the first three months but it's taken me a year to lose the next 2 stone. Having said that, I'm perfectly happy with SW and my losses. After well over a year on SW I'm still as committed as ever to it and still thoroughly enjoying it. It's changed my life.

Thanks Teresa - Mine has been really slow so far (only managed 12lbs since Jan as I took some 'time off'!!) but again I don't mind - I want it to be a lifestyle change not a diet, so I'm happy for it to take a long time to get to.

Although... I have booked a dream holiday in Mexico for next May so really I want to get to target by then - works out 1.3 lb loss per week, but again I don't mind if I'm not quite there by then

Sarah, that's exactly how I view it. This is a lifestyle change and the more it becomes part of your normal routine the easier it is to stick to. A 1.3lb loss is achievable but then you're taking the realistic view that if you're not there by next May you don't mind. I was hoping to be at target by now but I'm getting close now and already experiencing many benefits. I've bought lots of lovely size 12 clothes that fit me well, some short shorts and even a bikini. I'm going to have a much better summer this year than last year.

believe it all not days i've had all 15 syns all my hex's then ate properly and stuck 100% are days i've had best losses... my 2nd week of the 'diet' i tried to be 'good' and get a good loss, i ate NO syns at all and stayed the same, following week i went back eating syns etc and lost 3.5lb!

Back