WWAAAYYYY Too Much Info but ...

For an instant fix (well, perhaps the opposite!) try drinking two pints of warm water first thing in the morning with a pinch of salt - I suggested this to a couple of people, one of whom had ms, and it worked a treat. I tend to have the opposite problem, but then I probably down about 5pts of fluid each day, so it serves me right!

Also give yourself a massage, put oil or cream on your hands and massage your tummy in a circular motion (right to left) right up by your ribs down the right hand side, along the top of the pubis and back up again don't dig your fingers in use the flat of your hands, do this for a few mins every night before going to sleep.

Strong coffee, grapefruit and put your feet up on a box or something when you're on the loo. Sounds mental but it works, human nature it to squat when having a poo - think of the cavemen! Sitting up straight with your legs at a right angle to your body constricts the colon. Strange but true! X

thanks for all the hints and tips, I am sure they will be a much more pleasurable experience than the dreaded lactulose "squits" :yuk: Hopefully I won't have that issue again for a LONG time :)

Brown rice, heb w/m bread, vegetables, fruit, lots of water, fresh orange juice (synned) - lactulose, senacott - NOTHING MOVES ME .................. and things have been doubly worse since being b ack on SW.

I wish I could find the answer.

Don't drink coffee.

Awful.

this topic comes up many times for SW followers - i have been on the SW plan since Oct 2009 and have this problem all the time.

I find if i drink lots of water, ensure i have my HEB options - and eat lots of veggies it helps, but even sometimes i have to help things along with a dose of a laxative. I hate having to resort to this as i dont like taking tablets - but it does work. I think i have a little IBS, but as i do manage to 'go' i dont want to pester my doctor about it.

Best of luck and i totally empathise with where you are coming from.

EB x

I've always had problems like this. For about six years straight I had diorhea constantly and as soon as I got on this diet I've had the opposite prblem! Mind you, sometimes I'm convinced that I'm now just normal but think I'm constipated because of what I'm used too.

I did find I had this problem when I did SW last time. For me I am convinced it was to much rice/ boiled egg/ potatoe so this time I am being more careful and I'm also drinking sparkling water with sliced lemon in it twice a day. I also take aloe vera tablets from healthspan which are fab for digestion/ibs. I prefer the aloe vera juice but works out too expensive

Just discovered the joys of scan bran! Oh boy.

i read just yesterday that apples are a natural laxitive (if thats how you spell it) and you not exceed 5 apples a day due to the effects.... i love apples and could easily eat 5 so if your a fan of apples you could give it a try lol. also i heard that drinking a cup of boiled water in the morning helps constipation

Apples are a laxative!?!? I don't believe it, I eat at least 3 or 4 every day as a minimum and still have "toilet issues".

I usually eat 2 in school (breakfast and break) and probably 3 after work... I've already eaten 2 today! Hmmm.... Maybe the cure is... MORE APPLES! w00T!

To help with toileting, I keep my water levels well topped up and I find I go better if I exercise, so I do some of that! :)

Hiya

I too have IBS and have done SW for years on and off without ever being constipated.

However more recently I found I was. I too was eating both soluble and insoluble fibres. I tried sennakot and it failed. I then ate a punnet of prunes- but that sent me the other way - which meant a day sick and being very at one with the toilet. The constipation then returned .

I then looked at my food diary and realised that I wasn't using SYNS in a "naughty" form as I had previously and maybe it was fat that was missing from my diet. So I bought some Thorntons Moments (2 SYNS each and delicious) and I have been having these. Since then I have not (touch wood) been constipated at all.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya

I too have IBS and have done SW for years on and off without ever being constipated.

However more recently I found I was. I too was eating both soluble and insoluble fibres. I tried sennakot and it failed. I then ate a punnet of prunes- but that sent me the other way - which meant a day sick and being very at one with the toilet. The constipation then returned .

I then looked at my food diary and realised that I wasn't using SYNS in a "naughty" form as I had previously and maybe it was fat that was missing from my diet. So I bought some Thorntons Moments (2 SYNS each and delicious) and I have been having these. Since then I have not (touch wood) been constipated at all.

Kx

Soooo.. you're encouraging me to eat more chocolate .... interesting ... You don't have to tell me twice :17729: :D

NumNumPigsBum said:
Soooo.. you're encouraging me to eat more chocolate .... interesting ... You don't have to tell me twice :17729: :D

Lol- it works for me!! Just make sure you count it. I love my Thorntons Moments - delicious!!

Kx

I always find that plenty of water and oranges keep everything moving along nicely. If all else fails a coffee in the morning does the trick

Back