Yam noodles

Noodles, dried, plain, all types, 28g boiled 1½ syns

just tried to search online diary and does not give yam noodles only noodles, only above. Hope this helps
x

Yeah, yam noodles are a tricky one as they are not noodles as the western world understand them. They are protein based and there is conflicting information but at the VERY most there is 20 cals in a whole packet (some websites say there are as little as 5 cals in a packet).

They are hard to come by but luckily I've found a Chinese supermarket in Manchester that sells them and they are only £1.38 a pack. I thought if they were syn free on the original plan they'd be a great replacement for pasta and rice as they are very filling.

I find my body doesn't react very well to loads of carbs which is why I'm trying to stick to the original plan where possible.

Even if they weren't free then, you'd only be looking at about 1 Syn!

Yams aren't free on original though (only green and EE) so I can't see Yam noodles being syn free.

Again it's deceptive as although they are called yam noodles they're not actually made from yams. This is why I thought I'd ask, they're a bit of a wild card :S

Weird!!! Got the nutrition info and I'll plug into syns online?

The packet I've got is all in Chinese but I've just Googled and found:

Serving size 4 oz, 112g
Calories: 20
Fat calories 5
total fat: .5g
sat 0
trans 0
cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 15
Carbs: 3g
Fiber 2g
sugars o
protein 1g
Vit A: 0
C: 2%
Calcium 10%
Iron: 2%

Coming up at 1 Syn per portion as above :)

Back