Yeo Valley fat free nat yogurt - help please :)

Madison

Hi,
I'm new to SW as per last Thursday and still trying to find my way round the plan after an unsuccessful stint with new WW plan!! Just wondering about the above, Yeo valley fat free natural probiotic yogurt. I've read in the book where it says that fat free nat yog is a free food but that some varieties may have SYN values so I've double checked it twice on the SW site calculator and to my horror it's come up as 3 SYNS per 100g and 14.5 SYNS per 500g pot!! Then after I picked self up off ground I checked the other calculator on their site by putting in the brand name etc and it tells me that it's free (on all plans). This is really concerning and confusing me as I polished off a large tub of the lovely stuff between yesterday and today over my fruit. Here's the info if some kind soul could help me, I'd be very grateful. Per 100g, cals - 58, carbs - 8.4g, protein - 5.9g, fat - 0.1g..Many thanks in advance x

Hey!
I've just double checked and the official site says 'fat free natural pro biotic is syn free on all plans' the flavoured ones are synable though!
Hth honey
Xx

OMG thanks to you all! I've been eating the vanilla fat free and the mango and apple one every day thinking it was free.

Bummer, that might be where I've been going wrong....

Hi,
I'm new to SW as per last Thursday and still trying to find my way round the plan after an unsuccessful stint with new WW plan!! Just wondering about the above, Yeo valley fat free natural probiotic yogurt. I've read in the book where it says that fat free nat yog is a free food but that some varieties may have SYN values so I've double checked it twice on the SW site calculator and to my horror it's come up as 3 SYNS per 100g and 14.5 SYNS per 500g pot!! Then after I picked self up off ground I checked the other calculator on their site by putting in the brand name etc and it tells me that it's free (on all plans). This is really concerning and confusing me as I polished off a large tub of the lovely stuff between yesterday and today over my fruit. Here's the info if some kind soul could help me, I'd be very grateful. Per 100g, cals - 58, carbs - 8.4g, protein - 5.9g, fat - 0.1g..Many thanks in advance x

I suspect that you did not include the free food allowance for the fat free yoghurt at the start of the calculation.

But always check whether the product is listed and only use the calculator when is it not there.

OMG thanks to you all! I've been eating the vanilla fat free and the mango and apple one every day thinking it was free.

Bummer, that might be where I've been going wrong....

Isn't that an onken yoghurt not yeo valley? The onken fat free ones are syn free.

whew thanks for that Circes, I didn;t think it was yeo valley but couldn't remember what it was, funny but I picked the yeo valley one up yesterday and put it back when I saw the onken ones were 2 for £2 in tesco.

I feel loads better now thanks again :)

Joined skimmers world 7 weeks ago got my first 1 stone off certificate .yippee going Spain very soon have just one week to loose another stone what do you reckon my chances are lol .feel loads better for loosing some weight .keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen .I read your advice all the time so thanks.megleg

The blueberries one is 3 syns and the vanilla 4.5!!! Per 459g pot!!!
Gutted. Got the vanilla one. Gosh there's so much to learn and it's easy to Be tripped up. I would have thought a fat free probiotic good quality yoghurt like yeo valley would be free, flavoured or not. Must be full of suger or something. Sigh xxxx

Back