Yet another newbie

Annie68

Silver Member
Hi folks, my name is Annie and I live just outside of Chester, although I'm originally from Nottinghamshire.

I reached the big 40 in July :eek: and at a doctors appointment, he said I need to lose some weight (like I didn't know already), and this was the decade to do it. If I didn't shift it by the time I was 50 I'd be stuck with it or find it extremely difficult to move.

I re-joined my local slimming world class two weeks ago. I've done the plan before and in fact, I lost 9 stone on it about 11 years ago, and it's nearly all crept back on, particularl since the birth of my now three year old.

So, it's time to kick myself back into touch and shift the bulk. I have about 10 stone to lose to get me to where I really should be, but my first target is 2 stone. I lost 3 and a 1/2 pounds my first week and 3 and a 1/2 pounds my second week, so half a stone in a fortnight means I'm on my way :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Annie

welcome hun. and i hope you enjoy this forum. between this forum and my ww leader it has kept me sane.
i want to loose the weight as i turn 40 next July.

Welcome to minimins, our friendly forum. Good luck on ur weight loss journey. Well done for losing 7lbs already. Keep it up.

Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW. Perhaps you might want to start a diary thread in the SW section for extra support and encouragement

Irene xx

Welcome - love the name ....!! Where abouts nr Chester are you?? I'm in Middlewich - so not far away! We're doing a Trafford centre shop and meet on Monday 15th December if you'd like to come along and meet up??!!

hiya, your not too far from me either as i live near rhyl, good going so far and good luck with the rest.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :D

I live in Connah's Quay which is technically North Wales, but not many people have heard of it so that's why I say near Chester.

Thanks for the invite to the meet. I'll have to see what I'm doing a bit nearer the time as I have a 3 yr old who is in nursery. But I'll definately keep in in mind :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone :D

I live in Connah's Quay which is technically North Wales, but not many people have heard of it so that's why I say near Chester.

Thanks for the invite to the meet. I'll have to see what I'm doing a bit nearer the time as I have a 3 yr old who is in nursery. But I'll definately keep in in mind :)

Of yes I know where you are ... go to Makro there! Poohbearmufc (Nikki) lives there too!

welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey xx

A big :welcome:, this site is great, a lovely place to come for advice and support, or just to keep your hands occupied and stop you raiding the fridge!
I'm fast approaching the 'big 4-0' myself and for me it's really making me take stock and think how I actually want to live the rest of my life. I only have a stone to lose - my ideal weight is two stone down but I know that I couldn't maintain it even if I got to it - but it's the hardest work - every ounce is a struggle!
Good luck with everything xxx

Back