you are going to laugh when i tell you i am battling with half a stone

Don't laugh when you read the title to this, i am always battling with half a stone weight loss.... It seems funny but is there anyone else in the same boat as me here????
I am always a half stone over what i want to be...i was slim when i was younger and could wear tight fitted jeans and nice short jackets. for years now i am wearing everything long over my bum. I can lose 4 or 5 pounds by cutting out sweet things when i have an event coming up, but then i go straight back on chocolate and sweet things. Why can't i just lose the half stone and be happy. I have been battling this with 15 years. I think it is because i was thin all my life until i really hit my 30's and don't want to wear short jackets etc in case anyone sees that i have become wider with bits out over my jeans.... I just want to eat healthy... I have chocolate in my gob before i know it.... I have all the ww books and i;m hoping to start that in January, but i end up hungry on that???? i wonder is slimming world better, and can i get the books for that in the post in ireland??? i would be embarrassed to go to a meeting as they would probably laugh at me and say i don;t need to lose weight really...i'm 5 ft 2 inch and at the moment 9 stone????

1 pound of fat is more than people think. It is over a hand full! So no you are not crazy :D

Do you exercise? Could be a reason.

Thanks for the reply, i used to exercise, i used to walk and jog, but would still eat all the rubbish. is there such a thing as being addicted to chocolate the same as a person would be addicted to cigarettes????? i do think it is possible.
I have no energy to walk or jog these days. i need to give up the rubbish......i'll start today...my problem is that my children are starting to eat the same way as me as well

Thanks for the reply, i used to exercise, i used to walk and jog, but would still eat all the rubbish. is there such a thing as being addicted to chocolate the same as a person would be addicted to cigarettes????? i do think it is possible.
I have no energy to walk or jog these days. i need to give up the rubbish......i'll start today...my problem is that my children are starting to eat the same way as me as well

Ah well I am only 18 myself, all I can say is, it was torture growing up a bigger kid. So yeh, got to try and put across a healthy influence however you can.

I was never a huge chocolate lover, my problem was doritos, pizza, doughnuts etc. All bad stuff...

Changing how you eat will change how you feel, then you will be more leaned towards exercising. Try avoid bread (wheat), dairy and processed food for 3 days. And you will feel better, much better.

I ate some bread yesterday before exercising, and it bogged me down extremely. It was frightening how much it effected me. Anyway, good luck. If you just exercised for a month with a healthy diet you could lose half a stone.

I also battle with 1/2 a stone and have done for years. I'm 5' 1 and about 9.5 - managed 9.2 before having my daughter 3 1/2 years ago. I'll be in the zone and do well then life has a hiccup and I'm out of the zone again. You can be addicted to chocolate I'm not but I know someone who treats it like alcohol and abstains completely. Different diets can help and switching around is helpful but they're all pretty similar it's what suits you and your lifestyle. I too feel a fraud sometimes as some people have a lot more to lose but weight is weight and a goal a goal. Good luck

I also battle with 1/2 a stone and have done for years. I'm 5' 1 and about 9.5 - managed 9.2 before having my daughter 3 1/2 years ago. I'll be in the zone and do well then life has a hiccup and I'm out of the zone again. You can be addicted to chocolate I'm not but I know someone who treats it like alcohol and abstains completely. Different diets can help and switching around is helpful but they're all pretty similar it's what suits you and your lifestyle. I too feel a fraud sometimes as some people have a lot more to lose but weight is weight and a goal a goal. Good luck
Thank you yes i will use that phrase, weight is weight and goal is goal!!!! that is good thank you. i had one crunchie last night. told hubby i was staying off it altogether and he said that was not the right way to do it. he is right.. i am doing good. day 2 thank god.

Back