You can't have soft cheese as a Healthy Extra A

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
On green days?! I did not know this... Or am I just being daft?? :eek:

I've just looked in my book, and in terms of soft cheese you can only have the triangles (as a grab and go) and any other soft cheese is a b choice.
I have to admit, I'd never noticed this either although I often forget about cheese being a b on green! x

Oops - hope that doesn't make it awkward for you planning meals? Just been looking at your diary for the first time - think you're doing great! :) x

Just shows there's always something new to learn even when we've been doing SW for ages! x

in the book on a green day can have:
42g of full fat soft cheese
57g of Medium fat soft cheese
85g of Low fat soft cheese

But no, not as a healthy extra A unfortunatley

In the July SW mag it says Primula Light cheese (75g) is a health extra on all choices (didn't say a or b) and primula deli (42g) counts as b choice on Green.
I asked my sw leader about the primula light and she said it was 75g for a hex a or b on green day.

I'm confused now, lol! I mean, it's still cheese. Surely that means it should technically be ok for either healthy extra on a green day?!
Ah well, not the end of the world and all that, just a bit confusing and annoying seen as I've gone through 2 tubs in about 3 weeks without realising. Never mind.... :sigh:

Back