You must read this !!!

Might happen, might not. The sores often come from being bed ridden and lying on one side longer than they should. All depends on her care.

Gosh, I can not imagine that she can feel comfortable regardess of what she says.

Dermatologic

Skin care is a challenge for the morbidly obese patient because of a large amount of skin folds that trap perspiration. The risk is high for skin breakdown, irritation, and odor. Fungal infections may occur due to irritation and moisture under the skin folds. Morbidly obese patients are also prone to cellulitis (a bacterial infection of the dermis and subcutaneous tissue) due to decreased circulation and comorbidities such as diabetes and a compromised immune system.

To prevent skin breakdown, do the following:

If possible, place your patient in a bed designed specifically for obese patients. These beds are usually padded to prevent pressure ulcers and have a larger width.

With the help of additional staff members, turn him every 2 hours or according to your facility's policy.

Assess under skin folds, particularly under the neck, breasts, abdomen, groin, and perineal area, for fungal infection.

I wonder who will be doing these checks for her....her sons? Bacause another few stones and she won't be able to move or turn over, or walk. I'll bet her Health Insurance won't cover preventative care at home!

Shirleen said:
Wait till her skin splits and the ulcers rot and she smells like a swamp, I wonder how sexy she will feel then?

Anyway is 1/2lb of bacon really 1,168 calories????

That sounds awful.

I too was really surprised at the calories in some things. A box of cookies was the shocker for me. I just kept thinking 'how BIG a box a cookies exactly?' cos i have been known to demolish a packet of biscuits on more than 1 occassion & i never for one second thought they had that many cals!

I've looked it up and 1/2lb of bacon is 750 cals still scar when it's a 'free' food!

MadameLaMinx said:
It's only free if the fat is removed from it. So wouldnt be that high calorie in terms of SW. Hurray!

Ah v good point - bacon in the US is all streaky as well so will be higher in calories anyway

Oh yummy !!!!! I am so hungry. Now where is that celery

xxx

Sounds good to me Gill, but might just opt for a celery stick filled with 70 grams of garlic and herb Philadelphia...........well actually that is what I had...........sorry to be boring but no desire here to be the fattest pensioner in the world even tough that is how I feel at times lol !!!

i'm the fattest person in my house....

i should be in the paper or something

*smh*

it's people like that that drive me potty- them or the "ssbbw" or even "bbw" for that matter, models.

The term bbw makes my blood turn cold. i'm not a bbw- i'm fat, and i am doing something about it. No Mr Photographer, you cannot photograph me because you like "bbw models" i am not a model or a bbw. And just because you have a camera phone, doesn't mean you're a photographer -_-

Can you tell i've had messaages off guys in the past? *sigh*

It's also thanks to women like this, that LOVE being big (and the ones who love being called "hideous", "fat" and "pig") that i have been subjected to messages off men who think it's ok to call a perfect stranger things like "gorgeous fat pig"

grrr.....imma go sit in my quiet corner again....with an apple :(

I think if you want to feel sexy and beautiful and make your own decisions about taking photographs of yourself or other people then you should be allowed to without judgement.. I wouldn't like my life critisised by people so how dare i do it to someone else.

I think if you want to feel sexy and beautiful and make your own decisions about taking photographs of yourself or other people then you should be allowed to without judgement.. I wouldn't like my life critisised by people so how dare i do it to someone else.

I would agree with you for many other cases but she has rather set herself up for criticism . It seems to be what she wants.

You can not do something as controversial , public, life threatening and totally unfair to her young children without being criticised.

im not saying that. I am purely talking about her feeling sexy and people finding her attactive and her doing BBW photography.. Who am i to say thats wrong? Or she shouldnt do it..

im not saying that. I am purely talking about her feeling sexy and people finding her attactive and her doing BBW photography.. Who am i to say thats wrong? Or she shouldnt do it..

You are quite right and I do not think she is being criticised for that and I respect 100% your opinion as I respect everyone else's on here.

My own personal opinion is concern for her children faced with a future as orphans after having been her carers and experiencing first hand the distress of losing there mother for something that is so unnecessary.

sorry i maybe worded myself badly- mainly because i just recieved a nice inbox off some guy saying that i should have my picture taken to show off my "gorgeous fat body".

meh, i can't even word it, too upset....

just ignore my last post- i wish i knew how to delete posts on here *sigh*

sorry for offending anyone, it wont happen again

You certainly haven't offended me.

Everyone's point of view is valid as far as I am concerned.

We can not possibly agree with everyone. Just to unrealistic to contemplate.

Don't you upset yourself.:D

little bubblez, I know what you mean even if you don't think you worded it well!

Is it wrong that sometimes I wish my OH liked the whole BBW thing? I feel so self conscious because I know he doesn't....

You are quite right and I do not think she is being criticised for that and I respect 100% your opinion as I respect everyone else's on here.

My own personal opinion is concern for her children faced with a future as orphans after having been her carers and experiencing first hand the distress of losing there mother for something that is so unnecessary.

absaloutly.. I said in my first post that its a shame because this WILL more than likely shorten her life.. and leave her kids type of thing. As a mother with a 2 year old this is the main reason im losing weight..

Im not offended in the slightest haha.. it takes a lot to offend me.. It just bothers me that people decide that she should or shouldn't feel a certain way.. We're not her.. We have no right to decide if she should feel good about herself or not.. Theres so much bad feeling about being obese why can't you feel good about yourself.. Why shouldn't a woman love herself..?! I wish i did!!

Back