From Fat to Fit!

tangerine12

Hi Everyone

Its soo good to see this place back up and running and I'm so excited to be back. I've struggled so much lately and struggled to find another forum as good and supportive as this one.

So since I was last here I have had a baby who is now 7 months old. I have a cheek to call this "baby weight"

Just a wee quick bit about my background as my old diary is long gone.

I'm now 35
I have been fat my whole life. Heaviest 18stone 5 lbs lightest in adult life 14stone 12 lbs.
I'm horrified I'm back around the 18stone mark although I haven't weighed myself this morning. I'm ashamed to say I ate a dairy milk oreo and 6 caramel wafers for breakfast. I know something now really has to change.

I hate the thought of taking my little one to the park and can't take her down the shoot as I'm too fat and I just dread the day she wants to go on a pedalo. Been on one as the fattest and Heaviest and my side was nearly sinking and I certainly don't want her to be made fun of at school as her mum is fat.

So please please please come and support me and I promise I will offer the same in return.
I will be here almost every day posting a daily update.

I can't wait to meet u all and share our progress with each other. Most importantly I can't wait to be the healthy glowing mum at the school gates.

Good Morning,

Jeeezzze I've been so tired. Fell asleep on the couch last night and napped 6.30-8pm then back in bed at 10.30 and slept until 9.30 until I finally hauled my ass out of bed at 10am. Feeling pretty rubbish. No idea why. No cold or anything. I suspect tho it's to do with the amount of rubbish I'm putting in my body. Sugar sugar and more sugar and not enough fruit and vegetables. We'll that is going to change.

Had a wee nice surprise tho as I weighed myself last Sunday and was 18st 0 1/4lb and I have been eating so bad. But this morning I was 17st 8 1/2lb so yey!

Today's stats:
Weight: 18stone 8 1/2lb
Body Fat: 41.2
Water weight: 42.9
BMI: 39.6

First hurdle, want to go running but urggghhhh the weather is horrendous. Torrential rain and really windy.
If by 4pm the weather hasn't improved I will just go anyway. Watch this space guys..........

****UPDATE****

Totally buzzing. Been so good today and only now just starting to feel a bit hungry.

Breakfast: 50g fruit granola
Lunch: 100g pasta in tomato sauce (homemade) with mushroom and pepper
Mid afternoon: done week one, day 2 of c25k followed by an apple
Dinner: will be baked potato with haggis, green beans and pepper sauce
Treat: homemade caramel shortcake.

Feeling great. I made the caramel shortcake and done my shopping before today so didn't plan really my meals. Once the shortcake is done my treat will be just a biscuit or yogurt.

Last edited:
I can't believe the difference I feel in just one day. I'm far less bloated and when I walked my daughter to her wee class this morning I just felt like it was easier. Feel silly for thinking this just after one day but....We'll I do. I just want to note this down so I can see how good I feel when I don't shove a load of sugar down my throat and how bad I feel when I do.

Breakfast: 50g fruit granola
Lunch: baked potato with baked beans.
Dinner: will be salmon fillet with vegetables.

I'd like to make a sauce for my dish as I'd find it quite dry otherwise. Would appreciate any suggestions.

***UPDATE***

So afternoon snack was tangerine
Dinner was salmon veg and rice
After dinner was kiwi fruit and a slice of homemade caramel shortcake.

I only have 6 bits of this cake left so one a night for the next 3 night and then it's gone.
I feel sooooo full tho. Like as full as I do when I eat rubbish but without the bottom burps lol!

No exercise tho although according to my pedometer I walked 8000steps today so not too bad I guess.

Looking forward to tomorrow and another day on the wagon

Last edited:
Hi Tangerine.. Sounds like you're making great headway there!

I've always found that after eating a lot of rubbish I will go back to feeling so bloated, tired and generally yucky but, as you say, just one day of eating healthily makes such a difference and then I wonder why on earth I would torture myself like that!?!
As for sauces which I don't make but I always use a Thousand Island Dressing which go really well with salmon.

13982011_0_640x640.jpg

Hi Tangerine.. Sounds like you're making great headway there!

I've always found that after eating a lot of rubbish I will go back to feeling so bloated, tired and generally yucky but, as you say, just one day of eating healthily makes such a difference and then I wonder why on earth I would torture myself like that!?!
As for sauces which I don't make but I always use a Thousand Island Dressing which go really well with salmon.

13982011_0_640x640.jpg

Thanks very much. I've just actually Google a recipe and it seems quite easy to make actually. I'll give it a go if I have all the ingredients. I'll let u know how it goes.

Urggghhhh what a terrible few days.
Yesterday started off well until the 4pm sugar slump then all went downhill and it's lasted right through until today.
I won't post what I've eaten as I'm absolutely ashamed to say the least. I can't believe that after 2 days I've totally undone all that good work. I still have 3 days to pull it back but I don't think it's enough. I can see how bloated I am and the difference all that rubbish I ate has done but still I cannot resist the chocolate and the biscuits.

That is my line that I've drawn under the last 2 days. Tonight is chilli for dinner and then back to eating more healthily tomorrow

Back