Step 1 Sole Source Anyone else starting Jan 1st/2nd?

Hi Bubbles777, that's great! Will you be starting on Sole Source step one? Very best of luck for the 2nd- let me know how it goes! I'll be meeting my Consultant for the first time on the 4th. Not looking forward to the weighing and measuring; indulging over Christmas has definitely not been kind to my figure! :-/

Hi cdrome. I'm seeing my consultant for the first time on Monday evening. Quite excited, as I had success with Lighter Life before. Just annoyed with myself for letting it go after maintaining well for about eighteen months. Oh well! No use beating myself up about it. Looking forward to seeing everyone's losses!

Hi Bubbles777, that's great! Will you be starting on Sole Source step one? Very best of luck for the 2nd- let me know how it goes! I'll be meeting my Consultant for the first time on the 4th. Not looking forward to the weighing and measuring; indulging over Christmas has definitely not been kind to my figure! :-/

I'm seeing my consultant tonight so I guess I'll find out then which step I'll be doing. I think I want to spend at least a week on step one and then change if I don't feel it's for me. I haven't done CW or anything like it before so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it yet :s Xmas is definitely showing on my hips!! Lol

Xx

Hi Spanglymum, 18 months is a long time. But this time it'll be for life :) While I've never done anything like the Cambridge diet in the past, I have tried and failed numerous times at the 'traditional' diet and exercise route. Hoping that seeing the changes in my body from doing Cambridge diet will give me the drive and motivation to maintain this as a lifestyle change. Yes, seeing everyone's results will be interesting! Eager to get started now. X

I'm seeing my consultant tonight so I guess I'll find out then which step I'll be doing. I think I want to spend at least a week on step one and then change if I don't feel it's for me. I haven't done CW or anything like it before so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it yet :s Xmas is definitely showing on my hips!! Lol Xx

Hey, I've not done anything like the Cambridge diet before either so it'll be a learning experience for us both :) I think there's sole source, which is just the three shakes and then there's sole source plus which includes a small meal- So if you find the shakes alone are too difficult to manage, you could always consider the latter option. Hopefully you'll be clearer on it all after considering your options with your consultant. Best of luck for tonight. Let us know how you get on :) x

Do you buy products one week at a time, like Lighter Life? How long do you get to spend with your consultant and how much advice do they give or do they literally weigh you and sell you packs? (Sorry for all the questions but I don't know what to expect!)

I've got all my stuff ready to start tomorrow, dreading the first few days but know that once we get through them it'll be great!

I would love to join you. I've been doing the Cambridge Health Plan on and off for a year and a half. I started again today and seem to be determined this time :). I'd like to go on holiday over Easter, so I'm using that as motivation to stick to it!

I was approaching 15 stone about four years ago. I lost a couple of stone by eating sensibly. I would never say I eat a lot, just the wrong things and usually in the evening.

The Cambridge diet is amazing. I know it does work, it's just sticking to it. I don't want another year of two pound off, two pound on.

Anyway, I look forward to reading about your weight loss journey and hope that we can inspire each other?

Last edited:
Do you buy products one week at a time, like Lighter Life? How long do you get to spend with your consultant and how much advice do they give or do they literally weigh you and sell you packs? (Sorry for all the questions but I don't know what to expect!)

Although I've not yet met my Consultant, I had a long chat with her over the phone, when I was considering if this is the right route for me. She said products are bought a week at a time and each time I go to see her there will be a weigh in. Not sure if measuring is also done weekly or less frequently eg once a month. She mentioned that on the first meeting there'll be a few health questions to answer, few forms to sign, the weighing and measuring and she'll talk me through the plan and answer any questions that I may have. She said it'd be about 45 minutes long. And finally I'd get to choose my products. Hope that helps!

I've got all my stuff ready to start tomorrow, dreading the first few days but know that once we get through them it'll be great!

Good luck hun! I've got to wait until the 4th to begin. I'm kinda itching to get going though, lol!

Not sure if measuring is also done weekly or less frequently eg once a month.

The measuring is completely up to you. My consultant suggested only measuring every few weeks so I'd see a bigger reduction but I'm going to measure every week and watch the centimeters turn into inches! :)

Xx

1st day done yesterday and felt ok, I think the water helps, although when I measured it out, it looked like loads. Feel hungry today though so drinking black coffee to get me to 12 when I can have my first shake. I think it will take me a while to get into ketotsis due to the huge carb fest I had on Nye..ah well. Good luck to those who are starting today and tomorrow...:)

The measuring is completely up to you. My consultant suggested only measuring every few weeks so I'd see a bigger reduction but I'm going to measure every week and watch the centimeters turn into inches! :) Xx

Thanks for clarifying. Lol! I think I'm too impatient to wait weeks to find out my measurements so I'm likely to get measured weekly too. Will know more on Saturday once I've met up with my Consultant. I'm so ready to do this- sick of eating junk at this point!

Thanks for clarifying. Lol! I think I'm too impatient to wait weeks to find out my measurements so I'm likely to get measured weekly too. Will know more on Saturday once I've met up with my Consultant. I'm so ready to do this- sick of eating junk at this point!

Me too! The thought of junk food is now making me feel ill after sooooo long eating it xxx

Hi everyone, I am also starting today. Christmas and New Years has been full of overeating and I have gained far too much!!

I have started today, back on sole source and am seriously hoping to drop a load of weight in January!!

I have previously done ss and I did well, but after coming off haven't managed more than 1 week back on plan... So here's to a better start and a load of weight to be lost ASAP!!

I know Cambridge works, and works quick, so long as you stick to plan... So here's to day 1!!!!

Hi everyone, I am also starting today. Christmas and New Years has been full of overeating and I have gained far too much!!

I have started today, back on sole source and am seriously hoping to drop a load of weight in January!!

I have previously done ss and I did well, but after coming off haven't managed more than 1 week back on plan... So here's to a better start and a load of weight to be lost ASAP!!

I know Cambridge works, and works quick, so long as you stick to plan... So here's to day 1!!!!

Good luck tomnkatesmum x we can do this, slim by summer :)

The measuring is completely up to you. My consultant suggested only measuring every few weeks so I'd see a bigger reduction but I'm going to measure every week and watch the centimeters turn into inches! :)

Xx
I am going to save the measuring until I have a disappointing weight loss. I am hoping that if I do have a disappointing weight loss then getting measured and seeing the numbers fall will then keep me motivated ;)

Hi everyone, I am also starting today. Christmas and New Years has been full of overeating and I have gained far too much!! I have started today, back on sole source and am seriously hoping to drop a load of weight in January!! I have previously done ss and I did well, but after coming off haven't managed more than 1 week back on plan... So here's to a better start and a load of weight to be lost ASAP!! I know Cambridge works, and works quick, so long as you stick to plan... So here's to day 1!!!!

Good luck Tomnkatesmum! Keep us posted on your progress :) x

Back