..because being overweight is no weigh to live. Safi's diary.

Woops- forgot to post my meal plan for the day!

Original

B: Strawberries, 1 apple and fat free natural yoghurt. 1 Alpen (heB) - I will use my other Alpen as a snack later in the day.
L: Tuna Salad, olive oil (heB)
D: Extra Lean Mince in a Roasted Vegetable and Tomato sauce (homemade so no syns), side salad.

Snacks: 1 Alpen (from my heB allowance), Options (2), Milk (heA)

Total Syns: 2

I'm really craving some chocolate right now, girl time explains this week's massive sweeth tooth, but I fear one may lead to another. Therefore, I am refusing to unleash the inner sugar monster- hopefully the options will do the trick :D

Well done you on getting up early before uni to do your shred! Do you feel so much better for doing it, ie more energy during the day?

Thanks Gem :)

Yes definitely! I feel that doing my exercise in the morning gives me a bit of get up and go for the day! I can't wait to finish uni and be at home to hit the gym. Hopefully I can get in to swimming, from what I have read in your diary you seem to do a lot of it, do you find it gives you a full body work out? x

I feel very naughty for not posting my diary yesterday, so I am making up for it this afternoon in an attempt to redeem myself. :break_diet:

I had a busy day yesterday, I did Day 5 Level 2 of the 30 day shred - plank central! After this I had a full day at uni and did some reading in the afternoon. Where I live at uni, we only have a Tesco Express near by, which makes shopping for affordable fresh food a pain is it is so expensive in there. Luckily one of my friends offered to take me when she was driving up to the big shops (my car is at home) so I took advantage and did a big shop- just a fruit,milk and veg shop next week.

After our shop, we made tea together and went to one of our favourite haunts for a couple of drinks. I didn't feel too guilty as I'm not out this weekend and managed to stay within my syns- I synned my vodka at 3 syns per 25ml as I read that it is actually 2.85 not 2.5 syns. Very confused!

So, yesterday's meals were:

Original

B: Wholemeal toast (heB), scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes.
L: Piri pork and leftover veg in homemade tomato and garlic sauce.
D: Tuna Nicoise Salad

Snacks: Alpen light bar (heB), 2x 25ml Vodka (3 syns each) with slimline tonic, apple.

Total Syns: 6

Off to go and do some cooking and cleaning. Will write up today's bits and bobs later :) x

Just thought I would update my diary before I forget!

Had a great day today, I've been busy with meetings, mini-assignments, reading, cooking (adding to my little meal stock pile in the freezer...), cleaning and 30 day shredding. I am on day 6 level 2, and I am starting to get a little better.

I have a new flatmate in my uni accommodation today, I'm so happy there is another girl in the place. The was too much testosterone and too little girly chatting around the place so I'm really made up!

I was a bit slack around lunch time today as I've been so busy, I ended up with Alpen lights and fruit- but it was better than having nothing I guess. I was bad and missed my healthy extra A yesterday so I'm going to have two today. I wouldn't normally but it is in my allowance on Original so it's ok. Today I've had:

Original

B: Porridge (heB1) made with skimmed milk (heA1) and mango
L: Alpen (heB2) and an apple (had another Alpen later on)
D: Bolognese Sauce (ExLean Mince, mushrooms, passata, tinned tomatoes and carrots), Green beans and Side Salad (with lots of salad goodies).

Snacks: mullerlight, options (2) with skimmed milk (heA2), and a frozen Curly Wurly (6)

Total Syns: 8

I haven't had my hot chocolate and curly wurly yet. Off for a long hot shower using lots of Soap & Glory goodies, then I'm going to relax in bed with my synned treats and my SW mag. Rock and roll Friday I know ;)

xx

Just thought I would update my diary before I forget!

Had a great day today, I've been busy with meetings, mini-assignments, reading, cooking (adding to my little meal stock pile in the freezer...), cleaning and 30 day shredding. I am on day 6 level 2, and I am starting to get a little better.

I have a new flatmate in my uni accommodation today, I'm so happy there is another girl in the place. The was too much testosterone and too little girly chatting around the place so I'm really made up!

I was a bit slack around lunch time today as I've been so busy, I ended up with Alpen lights and fruit- but it was better than having nothing I guess. I was bad and missed my healthy extra A yesterday so I'm going to have two today. I wouldn't normally but it is in my allowance on Original so it's ok. Today I've had:

Original

B: Porridge (heB1) made with skimmed milk (heA1) and mango
L: Alpen (heB2) and an apple (had another Alpen later on)
D: Bolognese Sauce (ExLean Mince, mushrooms, passata, tinned tomatoes and carrots), Green beans and Side Salad (with lots of salad goodies).

Snacks: mullerlight, options (2) with skimmed milk (heA2), and a frozen Curly Wurly (6)

Total Syns: 8

I haven't had my hot chocolate and curly wurly yet. Off for a long hot shower using lots of Soap & Glory goodies, then I'm going to relax in bed with my synned treats and my SW mag. Rock and roll Friday I know ;)

xx

Thats a very good day, You are doing well!:)
I dont know about you but the next 2 days are the hardest for me, I so like a saturdsy night drink and unfortunatly no alchohol is low I know of anyway!! :sigh:

Thats a very good day, You are doing well!:)
I dont know about you but the next 2 days are the hardest for me, I so like a saturdsy night drink and unfortunatly no alchohol is low I know of anyway!! :sigh:

Thank you :) I have my first WI on Monday, I have avoided the temptation of weighing myself daily so I am nervous but excited at the same time!

The weekends are usually the most difficult- so much going on!
Spirits and a diet mixer are usually the lowest option. I had a few vodka and slimline tonics on Thursday night, I'm sure there is lots of information on the syn values thread :)

I'm pretty lucky that I'm so busy at uni this semester (final year stress) so I'm in more than I'm out- I think drinking a lot at uni has contributed massively to my weight gain. Although my biggest challenge will be going home for Easter as my brother practically lives off crisps, chocolate and biscuits (and is a total slim jim!). I'm planning on switching chippy tea/take out Fridays to making something SW friendly. There are some great recipes, particularly for Indian dishes in this weeks magazine.

Just a little update on my day so far, was up early for a Saturday (7:30), had a lovely fruit salad and mullerlight for breakfast- I think I was dreaming about it.

It's been a lovely sunny day in Sheffield, so I walked in to town at around 9 and picked up a few bits and bobs (mainly cards to post home). So I enjoyed another little walk to post these just before lunch time. I find that I am sleeping much better since doing SW, unless it is a mixture of the eating well and exercising.

I have just completed Day 7, Level 2 of the 30 day shred. I'm still a bit useless on the plank related exercises but getting there. Although doing the last abs exercise by arm buckled and my face had a not-so-lovely introduction to the floor :eek:.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far :)

I LOVE Slimming World!

I just had to confess that in public sorry! I've had a hungry day today and feel like I have eaten loads, but only the right things and not to the point of stuffing myself silly...last week I probably would've easily demolished a pack of biscuits and a bar of galaxy! Today I have switched to an apple and carrot sticks, plus my healthy extra's.

I have a toffee mullerlight in the freezer at the mo- hoping it will go like ice cream. I'm currently debating whether to have it with sliced banana or on its own, but I feel like I've eaten too much fruit today (if that's possible?), so will ditch my idea of a healthy banoffee treat for a free toffee fix :)

I made more of an effort cooking my dinner and tea today as I haven't been at uni, they will definitely be made again- delicious! I can't believe how much great tasting food healthy food you can have on SW!

I'm going to write my daily meals now before I forget...

Original

B: Melon, nectarine and stawberry fruit salad with a vanilla muller.
L: Homemade Thai Turkey Burger, wholemeal pitta (heB1) and salad.
D: Mushrooms in a creamy sauce (philadelphia light- garlic and herb melted- heA), lean pork loin (all fat removed), carrots, kale and courgette.

Snacks: Apple, carrot sticks, 2xAlpen Light (heB), toffee mullerlight

Total Syns: 0 (although this may change later in the evening).

Hope everyone has a great Saturday night x

Keep mixing your yogurt hun as it will make it a lot more creamier, if you don't its more like toffee ice as oppose to toffee ice cream. You've been doing so well hun and have really stuck to plan :D See, we can do it! Treat yourself to some syns if you fancy some, they say its good to have a few each day :) Obv if your not fussed, don't force yourself to eat some.

Hope you have a lovely Saturday eve too lovely, miss you lots!

xxxxx

Keep mixing your yogurt hun as it will make it a lot more creamier, if you don't its more like toffee ice as oppose to toffee ice cream. You've been doing so well hun and have really stuck to plan :D See, we can do it! Treat yourself to some syns if you fancy some, they say its good to have a few each day :) Obv if your not fussed, don't force yourself to eat some.

Hope you have a lovely Saturday eve too lovely, miss you lots!

xxxxx

I was too impatient to let it go to ice cream :eek: The top of it and the sides worked, but the rest didn't- it was still yum though!

So have you sweet! I'm right in to it at the min, I feel like I understand the plan much better than when I tried to first time round :D I think it is the cheesy quotes that keep us going ;)

I wasn't fussed earlier but I am having an options (no milk) so that is 2 syns for the day. I have had a D.I.Y manicure & pedicure tonight...I caved in boots and got a few soap and glory products which you can try on Monday night!

While I think on, what day do you fancy doing on Monday or is there anything you fancy for tea? I have chicken breast, lean pork, plenty of fruit and veg. I'm debating whether to have an EE day, gives us more tea options :)

xx

Well you have done far better than me, No syns till early evening then i lost the plot!! A good mix between alchohol and syns from chocolate and crap!!! :mad:

Hi there! Sounds like you are really in the zone, great stuff :D

As for the swimming, yeah I feel like I'm working my whole body, when I first started my legs were really sore for a few days after but I'm getting used to it now :)

Good news re new girly flat mate, I couldn't live with a bunch of guys - you must be a saint :D

Well you have done far better than me, No syns till early evening then i lost the plot!! A good mix between alchohol and syns from chocolate and crap!!! :mad:

I'm only a week in though, you've been doing SW for a few weeks now.

Don't beat yourself up though, it happens! What's done is done now and next time you feel like 'losing the plot' (I like that term, I may have to pinch it!) you will think of last night and feeling :mad: afterwards, it's a learning curve :D

Pick yourself up and get straight back on plan today. You've done fantastically well over the last few weeks, keep positive :D x

Hi there! Sounds like you are really in the zone, great stuff :D

As for the swimming, yeah I feel like I'm working my whole body, when I first started my legs were really sore for a few days after but I'm getting used to it now :)

Good news re new girly flat mate, I couldn't live with a bunch of guys - you must be a saint :D

Aww thank you, I'm nervous for weigh in tomorrow though!

It's amazing how quickly you build your fitness up when you stick to regular exercise isn't it! I can't wait to have the confidence to go swimming :)

The boys are lovely, but I don't think they appreciate girly chat 24/7.

Hope you had a safe journey btw, I'm looking forward to reading your diary over the next few weeks :) x

Bonjour, only me!

I'm going to keep this post quick and avoid waffling as I usually do. I've had a laundry day today - I hate using the washer's in halls, I have this fear about them not being clean!

I've read two big journals today, and completed day 8 level 2 of the 30 day shred. I even did a bit of Zumba on the Wii this afternoon to break up the boredom of academic journal hell.

I feel a little nervous about my first weigh in tomorrow :eek:, even though it is just me and my bathroom scales and no group. Although technically, Minimins is my group and I shall be posting on here!

Here is what I have munched away today:

Original

B: Wholemeal toast (heB1), 2 scrambled eggs, mushrooms
L: Spring Onion and Soy Salmon Stir Fry (I love thai spice at the minute)
D: Chicken, roasted mediterranean vegetables, mixed leaf salad.

Snacks: 2 x Alpen (heB2), frozen curly wurly (6 syns), milk (heA: had lots of mugs of tea so my milk allowance has been used for that), Melon

Total Syns: 6

Off to catch up on a few diaries and nosey through the forum before bed.

I've just realised I've had a 100% week! Rather proud of myself, although I am only in my first week, and I imagine it gets harder to stay on plan as the weeks go by. Hopefully I will keep it up :cool:.

Night everyone x

I take back the syns count, I was going to have my curly wurly in bed while I had a read, but I am still full from my tea.

As much as I love chocolate and really fancied some earlier, I don't see the point in having it now if I'm not hungry.

So my syns for Sunday are 0.

Just got off the phone to Leah (Liliferjade), who is stopping at mine tomorrow and we've decided to have an Extra Easy day. I am soooo excited for tea tomorrow; as I usually do Original days, I see having an EE day as a treat. Plus, I'm having my favourite tea with a SW adaptation- lean steak, syn free peppercorn sauce, slimming world chips and veg. Yummmmm!

Will update with my WI tomorrow :eek:.

xx

Wow you will definatley have to put how ur peppercorn sauce came out I love that! Hi btw! You r doing really well with ur first week, Ive been reading ur diary and you've been so good!

I know this is a bit cheeky but Im really struggling! Did you post this diary as a blog or as a thread? I cant work out how to do one and after seeing you and Liliferjade wrinting your blogs I thought it may hep me stay focused too! x x

Back