..because being overweight is no weigh to live. Safi's diary.

Bonjour!

Just a quick warning of a little rant ahead. I have just had a comment as I've sat down to eat my tea regarding the amount of vegetables on my plate- and not in a good way. Whilst I sat down to half a plate of salad and a portion of lean mince and vegetables in a homemade tomato and garlic sauce, said person just told me I'm eating too much veg and couldn't possibly be full. Really? I know which plate I would've eaten given the choice- and I ate the lot- syn free ;) This then went on to a discussion of the amount of fruit and veg I eat in what seemed a critique of my new healthy lifestyle. I explained my SW lifestyle change, and that I feel the best I've felt in years in just over 2 and a half weeks. Needless to say, they didn't comment further on the matter...has anyone else experienced this?

I couldn't understand the criticism of eating healthily, or why they felt the need to pass such critical comments. I would never judge anyone by what was on their plate. At the end of the day, it is the choice of the individual. Our health and wellbeing is our own responsibility, hence why I let it ride and didn't say a single thing regarding their meal. I know I'm making positive changes for me, so I will take the comments as a positive :D.

Sorry, rant over :giggle:!

Despite the grey day it has certainly been a productive one- 30 day shredding, laundry, cleaning, uni and volunteering done (I love running the afterschool class, always brightens my day :)). I seem to be full of beans today- not wind related btw, I just have bags of energy! So I intended to do some seminar work before bed and maybe a little Zumba:D

Todays meals were:

Original

B: Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (heB1), milk (heA1), blueberries and raspberries.
L: Tuna Salad and 2 plums
D: Ex-lean mince and vegetables and a homemade tomato and garlic sauce with a rainbow salad. FF natural yoghurt and mint dip.

Snacks: Alpen lights (heB2), mullerlight- and these evening I plan on having an options (2 syns) and a Curly Wurly (6 syns).

Total syns: 8

Hope everyone has a lovely evening, we're over half way through the week. 2 days till the weekend- yay! :D xxx

Hi Katie! Thought i'd pop by and say hi :) you're doing awesome with your weight loss, well done!

I always find people criticise as soon as you say your 'dieting'. I've got quite a few friends who stay really slim with zero effort and instead of being supportive they encourage you to have takeaways and almost laugh at you when you say you'd rather have something healthy. My least favourite thing is when i have friends over for tea who know that i'm on SW but bring things like chocolate or ice cream etc over for dessert! They don't seem to understand that they can eat that sort of stuff and do no exercise and stay a size 10 whereas others cant! Especially my sister who is 5ft10 (i'm 5ft 3) and doesnt have an ounce of fat on her, but will demolish packets of biscuits in one sitting and have 2 or 3 takeaways a week (she's a student in Sheffield, coincidently!) Look - you've got me ranting now haha!

Totally agree about the criticisim - 'oh you're not on another diet are you?' and the best one 'Come on, you only live once - another few glasses of wine and a takeaway on the way home won't harm you' - well actually, it has and it will!

Ignore these people, you will be all smug when your skin looks all healthy and you're full of energy and they look like rubbish :D

I enjoyed the rant!
I got it a fair bit when I first started from some family and especially people at work who seem to enjoy noseying at what you're eating and why you're not visiting the food table anymore (crisps and biscuits galore).
I think you're very sensible to stay quiet throughout the meal, I'd have been tempted to argue back, but I think you did the right thing. You're doing it for you, and for no one else.. they shouldn't be commenting on your food and how much of what you eat it's none of their business!

Anyway! Day sounds productive! Hope you have a nice evening!

Lauren
xx

Totally agree with BlondeGem you will b sooooo smug when you r a skinny minnie with glowing skin in ur bikini in Ibiza!!! X

Just thought of another one that winds me up!! When you've saved your syns for a chocolate bar or something and someone says 'Should you really be eating that, you're on a diet' :mad:

Hi Katie! Thought i'd pop by and say hi :) you're doing awesome with your weight loss, well done!

I always find people criticise as soon as you say your 'dieting'. I've got quite a few friends who stay really slim with zero effort and instead of being supportive they encourage you to have takeaways and almost laugh at you when you say you'd rather have something healthy. My least favourite thing is when i have friends over for tea who know that i'm on SW but bring things like chocolate or ice cream etc over for dessert! They don't seem to understand that they can eat that sort of stuff and do no exercise and stay a size 10 whereas others cant! Especially my sister who is 5ft10 (i'm 5ft 3) and doesnt have an ounce of fat on her, but will demolish packets of biscuits in one sitting and have 2 or 3 takeaways a week (she's a student in Sheffield, coincidently!) Look - you've got me ranting now haha!

Thanks Rachel, only a little loss last week so I'm hoping for a little more this week.

I've been quite lucky that most of my friends are being really supportive, they understand why I'm doing it. My 2 best friends are on SW too so that really helps when we plan a meal together.

Sorry for causing a rant-a-thon lol! My brother is exactly the same as your sister, so annoying! :sigh: xx

I enjoyed the rant!
I got it a fair bit when I first started from some family and especially people at work who seem to enjoy noseying at what you're eating and why you're not visiting the food table anymore (crisps and biscuits galore).
I think you're very sensible to stay quiet throughout the meal, I'd have been tempted to argue back, but I think you did the right thing. You're doing it for you, and for no one else.. they shouldn't be commenting on your food and how much of what you eat it's none of their business!

Anyway! Day sounds productive! Hope you have a nice evening!

Lauren
xx

Thanks Lauren! I had the same comments again yesterday, but I just smiled and tucked in to my huge pitta and tuna salad :D

Hope you've had a good week :) x

Just thought of another one that winds me up!! When you've saved your syns for a chocolate bar or something and someone says 'Should you really be eating that, you're on a diet' :mad:

This really made me laugh, winds me up too!

That is one of the reasons I love SW so much, it doesn't feel like you're on a diet and you can have chocolate (within syns anyway ;)). We shall all be smug when we all hit target and are looking and feeling more fabulous than ever :D x

Sorry I haven't posted my meals for the last few days, I typed a lovely long message out last night and then I was logged out before it posted. As I was heading out I didn't have time to re-write it so I shall keep this short and sweet.... (where've you heard that before ;))

Thursday

I went to Nando's with one of the girls, I was good and stuck to a butterfly chicken breast (3.5 syns) and a mixed salad. We went on for a couple of drinks, got chatting to people, ended up going out and I blew 15 syns on alcohol alone. Very annoyed with myself but it was a fun night. I'm dropping a couple of syns off each day till weigh in to make up for it *fingers crossed*. My Thursday menu was:

Original

B: Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (heB1), mullerlight, raspberries and strawberries (My new favourite breakfast at the min!)
L: Pitta (heB2), light philiadelphia (heA) and LOADS OF SALAD ;)
D: Butterfly chicken (3.5 syns) and mixed leaf salad

Total syns: 18.5 (15 on vodka and diet coke)

Friday

Just a regular Friday today really, uni and a big clean up in the flat. I saw a friend in the evening which was good but I must get cracking on with work today, third year stress is really getting to me at the mo. Friday's menu was as follows:

B: Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (heB1), mullerlight, blueberries and strawberries
L: Onion, tomato, pepper and mushroom ommelette.
D: Turkey burger, salad, homemade tzatziki and roasted veg.

Snacks: Alpen lights (heB2), milk (heA), options (2)

Total syns: 2

I hope I manage to post this essay this time around. Enjoy your Saturday everyone :D

xxx

Nando's butterfly chicken isn't bad for 3.5 syns, mmm nando's im jelous! Glad you had a good few days hun :) Honey nut shredded wheat sounds good for a heB, I love it! We are nearly there with our shred, level 3 has some killer burning moves but it feels good to know I'm nearly shredded. Well keep up the good work hun! Lots of love xxxx

Evening all!

I hope you've had a good weekend! I don't know where the time has gone at all. Sorry for not ranting and raving on here for a few days properly, I've not had the time to get on and write up my meals or go through diaries. But, whilst I haven't been on here I have been sticking to plan and filling in my paper diary :)

I think I need to update Saturday and Sunday, to keep it easy- both days were Original.

Saturday

B:porridge (heB1), milk (heA) and an apple
L: Tuna Salad Pitta (heB2)
D: Chicken Stir Fry

Snacks: oranges, kiwi and a fruit pastille lolly ice (3 syns)

Total syns: 3

Sunday

B/L: Boiled Egg on Toast (heB1)
D: Lean pork steak (all fat removed), mixed vegetables

Snacks: Alpen lights (heB2), mullerlight, options (2 syns) and a fudge (6 syns)

Total Syns: 8

I am off to go and catch up on some diaries before getting in to bed with my options and chocolate treat before starting on this week's novel! I must try harder on keeping this updated- I feel all out of sync! I don't think uni is helping- but I am on track with the food and am more determined than ever not to go back to the slippery slope of not sleeping, working till late and eating millions of biscuits to function haha!

It's my 3rd weigh in tomorrow too....eeek! I hope my night out hasn't ruined my chances of a good loss this week as I've been on plan besides getting a bit too excited about being social.

Night all and good luck to any Monday Weighers :D

xxxxx

Nando's butterfly chicken isn't bad for 3.5 syns, mmm nando's im jelous! Glad you had a good few days hun :) Honey nut shredded wheat sounds good for a heB, I love it! We are nearly there with our shred, level 3 has some killer burning moves but it feels good to know I'm nearly shredded. Well keep up the good work hun! Lots of love xxxx

Thanks lovely, I have sooooo much goss for you tomorrow. Didn't want to ring with it though ha! It's yum- you can try some for brekkie on Tuesday morning :)

We are doing very well with our shred indeed! Go team ;)

Don't forget, we are at our fellow chica's house for Spag Bol tomorrow, E.E day it is!

Muchos love xxx

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow! x

Thanks BlondeGem and Zoe :D

I'm sooooo happy with WI this week....5lbs off :party0049: A stone in 3 weeks....why I didn't get on SW sooner and stick at it I do not know!

I don't think I would've stuck with the plan as rigidly if it wasn't for the support on minimins and the lovely Liliferjade, so thank you all :) I think doing the 30 day shred has helped too, I feel so much fitter and by doing it each day ithas helped me to create a routine from which good habits have definitely been formed...(except for where alcohol is concerned :eek: haha)

Here's to losses all round xxx

Wooooohoooo! A stone in 3 weeks! That's fantastic! Well done! Have a great day, I'm sure u will! X

Back