..because being overweight is no weigh to live. Safi's diary.

Food looks good for this week so far!
Is the weather nice in Sheff at the mo? I'm coming over on sunday to visit some family and wanted to spend sometime outside (after a trip to Meadowhall obvs!) getting a bit of Vit D from the sun!

xx

laurenporkchop said:
Food looks good for this week so far!
Is the weather nice in Sheff at the mo? I'm coming over on sunday to visit some family and wanted to spend sometime outside (after a trip to Meadowhall obvs!) getting a bit of Vit D from the sun!

xx

The weather in Sheffield was lovely on Tuesday and Wednesday...I came home to the sunny North West on Wednesday eve (I'm at Sheffield uni). So hopefully the weather will have been as gorgeous there as it has been here :) Have a great shop at Meadowhall, I looooove that place - never leave empty handed.

Have a great day with your family too. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned :) xx

I'm just doing a short post tonight as I am about to have a girls night in with my Mum whilst my Dad and Brother have gone to darts.

I completed day 13 level 2 of the 30 day shred this morning and did Angela Griffin's dancemix (all of my fun exercise DVD's are at uni :(...but it still helps you to burn it baby!)

I've had no syns so far today as I've saved them for a few drinks tonight. The rest of the family have had a treat tea tonight. Dad had a pizza and my bro had chicken and cheesy chips from one of the many takeaways down the road and my Mum had some special fried rice. I decided to marinade some chicken in tikka spice and Fat Free Natural Yoghurt this morning to make a chicken pitta with salad for my tea this evening. It tasted much nicer than a take out, and the smell of grease off the takeaway tea made me feel ill. My tastebuds have certainly changed since I've started SW.

Another plus is that I haven't reached for the biscuit tin yet (the house is always full of chocolate and biscuits for my chocoholic brother...who happens to be the slimmest in the house grrr!).

So I'm giving myself two pats on the back so far. I'm looking forward to a couple of whiskey and diet lemonade's later. I'm having them in a wine glass so I use just half a 35 ml measure.

Today's feasting:

Original

B: Strawberries, kiwi, grapes and a mullerlight.
L: Tuna Nicoise Salad
D: Chicken and Salad Pitta (heB1) (better than a kebab!)

Snacks: milk (heA), 2xAlpen light (heB2) and 2x35ml whiskey (8 syns....according to my SW book, if I'm wrong please correct me- I would hate to be going over:eek:)

Total Syns: 8

Hope you all enjoy your Friday evening, and have a great start to your weekend :D xx

p.s when I said 'short'...I lied :p;) xx

Fingers crossed for some nice weather then. I know some people at Sheff uni!

And well done on resisting all the temptations at home, I know I find it hard when I visit home and my Pa is eating about 4 cakes as his 'afters' and I just have a bit of fruit. It'll all be worth it in the end!

Have a lovely weekend!
xxx

Hey!

An extremely early post from me this evening! I'm planning on chilling out watching the rugby in a mo and then have to pack up to go back to uni in the morning. Watching a DVD later too...

I did my 30 day shred and took the dog out first thing this morning to get my exercise in for the day.

Then, I've had a wander around town this morning and bought some syn free sausages from the butcher. Planning on having them for tea on Monday night with the girls, I hope they taste as good as they look!

My Auntie and Uncle are over from Spain at the moment, so it was lovely catching up with them both this afternoon :).

Today's meals are as follows:

Original

B/L: lean unsmoked back bacon, 2 poached eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and toast (heB1)
D: Chilli and spring onion beef stirfry

Snacks: 2xAlpen (heB2), strawberries, mullerlight, milk (heA)

Syns: none so far, I may have some later so will update this tomorrow.

xxx

Morning all :D

Just to update my syns on for yesterday on this not so lovely, wet and miserable morning.

I had some strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate- my new favourite treat. I weighed and synned the chocolate to be 6 syns, and I had lots of strawberries with that.

I have that nervous pre weigh in feeling today :eek: I don't feel like any lighter, and after a big loss last week, I'm not expecting a massive number. I have stuck to plan except for one fleximeal so I will have hopefully lost something. I do feel much more toned as a result of my exercise, so that's a positive I guess... fingers crossed for tomorrow :innocent0001:.

I've been totally spoilt this morning, had bacon and poached eggs on toast with a lovely brew made by my Dad...you can tell I'm going back to uni this afternoon :) Roll on the next 4 weeks, essays out of the way and home for Easter :D!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday xx

I have that nervous pre weigh in feeling today :eek: I don't feel like any lighter, and after a big loss last week, I'm not expecting a massive number. I have stuck to plan except for one fleximeal so I will have hopefully lost something. I do feel much more toned as a result of my exercise, so that's a positive I guess... fingers crossed for tomorrow :innocent0001:.

Katie, I don't know why you're worrying at all! You have done amazing and nandos was barely flexi... you had no other syns that day and chose salad which I doubt was more than 15 syns. You will do great :) Let me know as soon as you hit the schales :D xxxx

Katie, I don't know why you're worrying at all! You have done amazing and nandos was barely flexi... you had no other syns that day and chose salad which I doubt was more than 15 syns. You will do great :) Let me know as soon as you hit the schales :D xxxx

Thanks lovely, except for our flexi night I've been 100% on plan. I just feel really bloated and bulky. I have a feeling I'm going to be a very grumpy lady after WI tomorrow, especially after doing so well at home...we shall see eh. I shall text you straight after WI, feel free to drop me a text to add you in to 'the book'.

Anyway, had a looong day back to uni, unpacking and cleaning my room. I managed to do Day 14, L2 of my shred once I got here. Just about to make my bed, I have a feeling I will climb straight in and get some reading done with a curly wurly and an options.

Today's meals were:

Original

B: lean bacon, poached eggs and toast (heB1)
L: fruit salad and yoghurt (all I had time for before catching the train)
D: Chicken breast and home-made ratatouille (something I had frozen earlier in the week)

Snacks: 2xAlpen light (heB2), milk (heA), options (2 syns), curlywurly (6syns)

Going to sort these bits and bobs out before bed, early start tomorrow. I plan on getting up at 6am to do my shred.

Night all xx

Good luck with ur weigh in tomorrow im sure it will b fine. Very impressive u managed to stay focused and on plan at home well done! X

Morning all!

It was the dreaded weigh in for me this morning. I was right in that I haven't had a bit number on the scales this morning, which I guess should have been expected after a big number last week. I was a little gutted at first, especially with sticking to plan including my visit home and doing my 30 Day Shred each day plus additional exercise. I was hoping for a 3lb+ loss and the scales told me I was 1.5 lb off this week :).

I'm feeling really sluggish and bloated at the mo, so I should be grateful for a loss at all. Time to get some peppermint tea in. I'm going to do a big shop later so will get plenty of fresh fruit and veg in and drink plenty of water.

I'm going to list a few positives to take from this week.

1. I've stuck to plan bar one flexi-meal (Nando's treat), even whilst at home. So I've proved that there is some willpower in there.

2. I have lost 9lb in 2 weeks- which is above my weekly target to hit goal for Ibiza.

3. I'm half way through my 30 Day Shred, and haven't missed a day.

4. My measurements are well on their way down... I have lost:
3 inches from my waist
1.5 inches from under my bust
2 inches from my hips
1.5 inches from my thigh

I feel happy again now- that may be due to having just done my Shred and eaten a lovely fruit salad for breakfast OR that my best girls are round for tea tonight and are having syn-free sausages!

Going to have a nice long shower now before uni.

Hope you all have a great start to the week :D

Katie xxx

Good morning! :)

Well done on your 1.5lb loss, that really is great and 9lbs in two weeks - fab :D

It sounds like you had a nice weekend at home with your family and so good that you managed to stay on plan.

Don't be disappointed with your weight loss this week, as you said you are on track for Ibiza - woo hoo :D

Well done in your loss! 9lbs in 2 weeks is brilliant! And I love all your positives, you r doing so well and I'm sure u will feel good by Ibiza! X

Well done on your loss!!
9lbs in 2 weeks is insanely good, you have nothing to grumble about!
hope you had a fab weekend
It wee'd it down all the time in sheffield boo! And now I get to work and it's glorious sunshine! Why???!!

Lauren
xx

Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate it. I do think having minimins and the support on here really helps to spur me on..it's like going to group but online. I hope you're all doing well. I really need to catch up on some diaries (busy few days and I am slacking in that department-sorry!), I will do this later on.

I had a lovely catch up with the girls last night, Leah has had her usual Monday stop over which has been fun. A shop in the market back at home do syn free sausages in 5 varieties, we had leek sausage last night and it was b.e.a.utiful! Not a drop of fat came out of them. We watched the inbetweeners movie (again) last night with a curly wurly and an options and it really got me excited for going on holiday eeeek! We also received our flight confirmation today too, so I'm right in the mood.

So with the combination of the sunshine being out in Sheffield today (sorry Lauren ;)), last night's film and the sausage discovery- bring on Summer, BBQ's and fun times galore :D.

I plan on having a green day today as we are cooking a quorn spag bol after a big shop yesterday. I have sooo many mullerlights in the fridge- it's ridiculous ha! I've already done my 30 Day Shred (day 17, Level 2)...work time :wave_cry:

Anyway, my food plan for yesterday:

Extra Easy

B: Melon, nectarine and a Mullerlight
L: Tuna Salad Pitta (heB)
D: Syn free sausages, egg, SW chips, beans and a fruit salad (for 1/3 superfree)

Snacks: Alpen (3 syns), milk (heA), options (2 syns), Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns: 11

Off to get some work done, will be catching up on diaries later.

xxx

Liliferjade and I have gone to town for tonight's tea...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

We've made a Spicy Quorn Bolognese which was beautiful and treated ourselves to a Quark Options Cheesecake which was only 2 syns as we used 1 alpen from our healthy extra B choice. I think I have died and gone to heaven. I sometimes break my Alpen light in to a mullerlight, but as a treat this cheesecake hits the spot :faint2:.

We were so proud that we have to add the pics :D

78792-albums3770-picture21974.jpg

78792-albums3770-picture21975.jpg

p.s it's my first time posting an image so I hope it works.

Katie xxx

Last edited:
Right, my bed and book are calling me- I refuse to sleep till I get through the last 100 pages! Early start to do my 30 Day Shred and catch up on some work before volunteering tomorrow afternoon. I'm just going to do a quick post for my food diary for the day since I have posted on here far too much today :eek: I need to knuckle down with uni work now...feeling v.sorry for myself with my work mountain. I shouldn't really, I know people have it worse but I like a good moan about something now and then so these assignments and projects will keep me happy for now.

I thought I would mix it up a bit this week to see if it had any impact on my weight loss, so I went for Green. Whilst I enjoyed my meals today I feel very bloated. I'm definitely a Red day kind of girl!

Green

B:Fruit and 1 Alpen light (heB1)
L: Wholemeal pitta (heB2), light Philadelphia (heA) and a salad
D: Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese, side salad and a Quark cheesecake ( Alpen light base (heB1) and options chocolate powder (2 syns).

Snacks: plums, blueberries

Total Syns: 2

I've noticed that I snack less on a green day!

Night all xx

Back