Bye bye jelly belly and thunder thighs

Had a good afternoon we went to the sea and I had a little paddle turned down an ice cream and only had a diet coke in the pub as well in favour of scampi fries as I could only have one! So syns at 11.5 might have a mini twister in abit too. Got green masala curry for dinner is yummy!

Project eat up freezer going ok got lots left but eaten everything out of Tupperware so tho still lots left but am pleased with that!

Scales say 12st 7.25 again today keep going down then back up to that grr. Just eating my scan bran cake and then will be going to station for train to London! Am going to try as hard as I can with food and keep track then have a cocktail and some prosseco. Dinner is in browns in covent garden and lunch probably either wagamammas or yo sushi as my mum hasn't been to either. And think my mum is taken with champagne breakfast tomoro!

Sounds lovely:)

Mandlegrot said:
Sounds lovely:)

Thank you. Having a fab time and it's beautiful and sunny today. London in the sun is stunning!

Food yesterday okish maybe!

Yo sushi lunch

2 salmon rolls
1 prawn iso
2 pieces veg tempura
1 duck iso
Spicy pepper squid
1 glass Sauvignon blanc

Dinner browns
Chicken Caesar salad
Elderflower Collins cocktail
G&T

Breakfast today cote

Smoked salmon and scrambled egg
White toast jam and butter
Skinny cappuccino
Raspberries

So hoping lunch will be back on plan. Off to see cabinet war rooms this morning will be baking!!!

Lunch wasn't anywhere near plan.

Hallumi skewers
Homous
White pitta
Naan bread
Olives
Grilled peppers
Tiny falafel

Large glass Sauvignon blanc

Got fruit and an iced americano for the train home and grabbed a bag of salad for later. Also got two slim line g&t to round off my day. Cheeky I know but once I have one drink find it hard to stop!

Had HEXB of scan bran with cottage cheese for tea along with 750ml water

Trying to decide whether to go out now with my swollen sore feet or chill now and go shopping tomoro. Hmmmm. I probably need to plan before I shop realistically but not sure what I'm doing for the next 3 days so makes planning tricky! Also trying to decide whether to do a rough idea of syns for last 2 days or just forget about it. I won't cut back on syns either way but think knowing a fought number might help.

White bread 6
Wine 8
Hummus 2.5
Tzatziki 1
Halloumi 8
Butter 3
Falafel 3
Pitta 4
Naan 4
Scrambled eggs 6
Jam 2
G&T 7.5

So about 50 for today give or take hmmm.

Chicken Caesar salad approx 20
Wine 8
G&T 7
Cocktail 10?
Plus yo sushi which will take a bit longer to work out! Looked on line and with yo sushi website and slimming world website reckon it's 20 syns so 65 syns yesterday total for 2 days 115! Conclusion could have been worse!! Will ponder my approach until wi this evening

Last edited:
Scales showing 1.25lb gain this morning :( will be straight back on it, probably with a success express day today and possibly for the rest of the days until wi if I can get my head around it. Did read up on it before bed last night but need to have another look think I need to get it a bit straighter in my head. Also thinking of a savoury scan bran cake/loaf not sure and also not sure about whether to shop today or tomoro. Too many choices!! Last day of holiday today has gone really fast but only got 4 weeks then got another 2 weeks off so looking forward to that

So far had grapefruit and a scan bran cake hadn't intended to but was annoyed by some work stuff so ate it in some kind of strange anger thing! I rarely eat when I'm annoyed or upset so is v unusual. Still no idea how it fits with success express but never mind! I have also been to Asda and stocked up to try and make some of the taste of Asia recipes in the next few days. Need to put my food shopping away and find some super free stuff to nibble while I finish my book I think!

Currently sitting in mc Donald's car park with OH we know how to live!! Haven't had anything tho he has got chicken nuggets and a milkshake and chips! Not hungry had ryvita and laughing cow at 5 and grapes and pineapple mid afternoon. Got a can of g&t the cucumber one as wanted to try it but not sure I like it or the syns! Huge storm here with lots of lightening so watching that!

Think my drink was 10.5 syns not worth that!! But there we go not had any other syns today. Got on scales and they were 12st7.5 which is down 0.5lb on this morning which never happens to me so think I had serious water retention my ankles and feet were painful to walk on yesterday evening and in the night I got up to go to the loo and could hardly balance was v strange!! Will see what scales say in morning!!

Think I did have serious water retention! Am 12st 5.75lb which is down a lb on Monday so am guessing yesterday's 12st 8lb must have been something to do with my swollen ankles! Plan for today is going to be to try success express again I think and see if I do better!! Slightly tricky in that no idea what our plans are for the afternoon or dinner really we are probably going out somewhere even if it is only local and catching a film tonight. Might see if OH wants to walk around the bay is a nice walk and as long as we avoid the bars and restaurants be good body magic too, although might need to check weather forecast! So food

B grapefruit, pineapple and maybe raspberries with a muller light
L Szechuan sea bass from the taste of Asia book
D possibly scan bran cake am undecided as have only got 3 lots of scan bran left and 4 days until wi so can't have scan bran everyday between now and then.

Plenty of water and will probably have mini ryvita in the film

Has just started raining so plans might have to be indoor ones!! Right get dressed try and get decent coffee out of coffee machine and eat breakfast ignore rain!!

Hi Belle, sounds like you had a lovely time in London (well, some lovely food anyway - don't know about the sore feet!!)

Don't fret about your choices over the weekend - it's done now and to be honest, it could have been a lot worse!

So, just get back on plan and enjoy the rest of your week. I've done Success Express a few times, its' basically reversing the 1/3 superfree, 2/3 free to 2/3 superfree and 1/3 free. Then, you add in 2 HEBs and 1 or 2 HEAs to make sure you're getting enough nutrients and only snack on things which are superfree, synned or HEs (so basically no snacking on free food like chicken, ham, potato wedges, pasta etc).

If I can't manage that, I just stick to EE or green but try and reverse the 1/3 2/3 rule for my main meals...

Have a great week! x

Hi Belle, sounds like you had a lovely time in London (well, some lovely food anyway - don't know about the sore feet!!)

Don't fret about your choices over the weekend - it's done now and to be honest, it could have been a lot worse!

So, just get back on plan and enjoy the rest of your week. I've done Success Express a few times, its' basically reversing the 1/3 superfree, 2/3 free to 2/3 superfree and 1/3 free. Then, you add in 2 HEBs and 1 or 2 HEAs to make sure you're getting enough nutrients and only snack on things which are superfree, synned or HEs (so basically no snacking on free food like chicken, ham, potato wedges, pasta etc).

If I can't manage that, I just stick to EE or green but try and reverse the 1/3 2/3 rule for my main meals...

Have a great week! x

Thank you :) am feeling much more chilled about it today as considered what I would have had just 6 weeks ago and the amount I would have drunk while I was on holiday in general so know I am making better choices overall as long as I sts on weds I'll feel I have had a good holiday week! Am not in to veg at the moment so struggling a bit with super free as I just don't fancy it am getting thru bags and bags of salad tho (given up on Asda salad tho as seems to have some v bitter leaves in yuk!)

Was so nice just to spend some time with mum tho I speak to her almost everyday and see my parents at least every month was nice to do something special with her :)

Have a fab weekend too :) xx

So yesterday was ok :) I had scan bran cake for lunch with salad and then had a vanilla muller light with raspberries then we went for a little walk only an hour or so around a park which was nice then I got ravenously hungry, I don't think I have been like that since I started SW I literally could have eaten anything in sight! So had 2 ryvita fruit with a coffee in the park (OH had full fat cherry coke and an ice cream) then had 2 slices of cheese and some grapes and then gave up and had dinner and then a yoghurt. Did refuse chocolate in the film which OH tried to force on my which annoyed me a bit as they were chocolates I don't like. I think he is starting to think i am too hung up on SW while he is supportive and understands why I want to do it partly he is joking that I will find a new man when I have got to target which is obviously not true and that has nothing to do with it. Rant over sorry.

So scales this morning said 12st 5.5lb which is the lowest they have been definitely for the last 6 months as long as they keep going downwards until weds I will be happy!

Plan for today is more laziness mainly because it is raining at the moment! Just having breakfast which is grapefruit, melon, caramel latte scan bran cake and coffee. Cake is pretty good considering it is syn free! Viewing it like a breakfast cereal at the moment half a cake at breakfast and half in the afternoon. Lunch will be salad tuna I think as have a lot of tuna in the fridge that needs eating up! Dinner is the great unknown today possibly Sunday roast with OH folks but possibly not hate not knowing for sure as I want to plan! Will save my HEXB and one A in case we do end up there and syns will be on a glass of white wine. If we don't eat with them will be something else out of the taste of Asia book chicken based as OH doesn't eat fish!! Loving the book the Szechuan sae bass was really good tho the veg didn't do it for me am seriously struggling with veg at the moment!

Back to work tomoro and have the Sunday blues! Being off work is so nice! Am going to start counting down til my next holiday in September as soon as I go back tho!

Decided to look at some date targets today to motivate me a bit :) and keep me focused

There are 7 wi until my birthday so would like to be in the 11's by then which is basically a lb a week which I think is achievable

There are 20 wi until Christmas! So another lb a week til then would put me at 30lbs lost and take me to the very top of my healthy BMI

To aim for lb a week makes me happy as I want to be realistic about where I can get to. 11st for Christmas will be the lowest weight I have been since 2009 Christmas which I would be happy with.

Really unsure about my final target at mo will possibly go with 10st 10lb as 3lb under that is 10st 7lb which is the lowest weight I have been for about 10 years. Also if I get there easily can re set at 10st 3lbs which will be exactly 3 st lost and feel there is some nice symmetry there. But honestly not sure if that is realistic or maintainable so will see!

Last edited:
Think I need to do some forward planning as back at work tomoro and don't want the back to work blues to cause me to go off plan! Have just made the Indonesian baked chicken and the prawn and mango curry from the taste of Asia book. Chicken is potentially for us for dinner today, if not will cook it tomoro or later today anyway and freeze the prawn curry.

So Monday

B grapefruit, melon, tomatoes on toast if work have wholemeal bread in the selection and a poached egg possibly depending on who is cooking!
L ryvita with blue cheese triangles and the Asda chilli beef with salad if I remember to order it from the dining room with raspberries pineapple and grapes and yoghurt
D prawn curry with salad which I need to buy when I finish work and mango and watermelon

Tuesday

B scan bran cake and melon and grapefruit
L ryvita with blue cheese triangles and chilli beef with salad and then fruit which I think I need to buy when I finish tomoro too although depends a bit on how much I eat this afternoon!
D prawn curry as at work until 6:30 for a training session challenge get thru training without eating any of the sweets etc that will be put out.

Wednesday

B grapefruit and no idea. This is why I needed to plan as think I will be out of food by then!

Considering the need to go to Aldi today just so I don't run out of food sooner than I expect! Fruit makes doing a once weekly shop nearly impossible!

Next task to list the meals I have really enjoyed so I can refer back to it when I get stuck or need to remember why SW is so good!

Katsu curry
Burmese curry
Green masala
Salmon curry
Seekh kebabs
Spicy merguez sausages with minted yoghurt dip
Prawn and crab cakes
Lemongrass and chicken burgers
Herby Asian chicken/salmon
Szechuan seabass
Indonesian baked chicken
Prawn and mango curry

Made the Indonesian curry in the taste of Asia book nearly blew my head off! Couldn't taste anything except chilli which was a shame will make again but be easier on the chilli stuck to the recipe perfectly as first time I made it! I like spicy food usually think the fresh chilli was super strong. Had it with salad and then lemon muller light grapes and raspberries and a ryvita fruity as half my HEXB and the other half was 2 ryvita dark with laughing cow blue cheese so glad they are HEXB had a sneaky wi just and was 12st 5.75lb hope it goes down overnight again!! Keeping everything crossed!

Scales did go down again overnight to 12st 4.75lb which is 2lbs down on last Monday when I went to class BUT the scales in the class I went to weighed to within 0.25 of my scales but the scales in my class weigh 1lb more than my scales so not expecting to have a huge loss on Wednesday. So tho I am suffering from serious back to work blues as don't want to go in am pleased with what the scales say just need to keep it that way! Need to get dressed as sort out my ton of food! Worked out I have 156 hours of work until my next holiday so will bare that in mind when I get annoyed!

Back