February money challenge

Wow that's a lot to pay off in such a short time, no wonder you're chuffed x

Thanks happy! I've written out what I'm spending my money on this month and really going to try and stick to it. I have a few bills still to come out but have accounted for those in my budget.

I've got plans this weekend and one other day this month so my 'play' money should last me. I'm really hoping I have something left at the end of the month and that I have stuck to my plan! That's the ultimate goal for feb!!

How's everyone doing!?

Everthing going really well this month.
We`re away for a few days, but it`s all
accounted for. Got our spending money put aside
and don`t plan to dip into the bank account!!

Bills are all accounted for as well. Just can`t
believe that a few mins each week means we`re
so much better organised. Last time we went away it took
ages to get back on trach as we didn`t have any speding money put away.
Still on track to pay off our last loan this year!!

That's brilliant GA. It's inspiring to hear that your hard work has paid off and that you will be debt free - and It also makes me determined to do it too!!

So far so good, I've no wages again, so I can't spend what i don't have!!!!! Otherwise the debit I set up between my accounts for birthdays has gone out, I'm trying not to buy too much food as were away on Friday, nothing else to report!!!

How on earth do they not pay you on time EVERY TIME!? Bloody ridiculous!!

That's brilliant GA. It's inspiring to hear that your hard work has paid off and that you will be debt free - and It also makes me determined to do it too!!

Ahhhhhhhhh you know I read GA thread & thought how lovely that was, but didn't think to say it, but yes it is so nice to hear that x

How on earth do they not pay you on time EVERY TIME!? Bloody ridiculous!!

Sparty, long story, but my boss is having financial difficulties, I am job hunting, I will get paid, but yes it is ridiculous!!!!

Just transferred my pocket money and fuel money into my new account :) Hopefully this will be a good move for us. We have also decided to take out a credit card connected to our new joint account which can be used to pay for shopping and fuel and pays cashback at some places and then takes the money out once a month from the account and charges no interest. Hopefully this is a good move and won't be temptation to use for other things but I don't think it will.

I don't understand pensions, Kev has one with network rail, but there are different kinds and just totally go over our heads so we stick with the basic one x

Decided that I need to sell some of my stuff as it's just taking up space and I don't need everything.. So first to try and sell is my wedding dress! Which is turning out to be quite a pain but if anyone knows anyone who can pick up from Leeds, I have a beautiful dress for sale on eBay! Then next it's my hundred of books :'(

I don't understand pensions, Kev has one with network rail, but there are different kinds and just totally go over our heads so we stick with the basic one x

exactly, they ate supposed to have made them simpler!!!!

Decided that I need to sell some of my stuff as it's just taking up space and I don't need everything.. So first to try and sell is my wedding dress! Which is turning out to be quite a pain but if anyone knows anyone who can pick up from Leeds, I have a beautiful dress for sale on eBay! Then next it's my hundred of books :'(

If you get rid of your books let me know how yo did it, I've also got loads!!!

My friend was quizzing me about pensions last night and I wasn't much help I don't think. She wasn't told about pensions her company offers when she started and now they are bringing in a basic one that the government is introducing across the board but she wants to ask for a better one in her appraisal.

I'm not sure she understands them either. She seems to think that you can barter for a better one but I'm not sure if you can do that in private industry (I'm a civil servant so we can't do that). I've advised her to talk to HR and find out what options her company offers and go from there.

My friend was quizzing me about pensions last night and I wasn't much help I don't think. She wasn't told about pensions her company offers when she started and now they are bringing in a basic one that the government is introducing across the board but she wants to ask for a better one in her appraisal.

I'm not sure she understands them either. She seems to think that you can barter for a better one but I'm not sure if you can do that in private industry (I'm a civil servant so we can't do that). I've advised her to talk to HR and find out what options her company offers and go from there.

some companies will pay into a pension for you as part of your package, others offer a pension 'scheme' but don't pay into it. Yes it is best for your friend to speak to HR.

I was trying to read my pension doc with my job change over and couldn't understand it!

I think yours may be difficult as it will depend on your salary & years of service.

I have my scrimpy head on and have been pinching the hotel toiletries every day so they replace them, I say it's not really pinching and they are part of the price, hubby just laughs at me, except when he runs out of something and I bring out the emergency stash hehe :)
Not like I'm stealing towels or bath robes lol or an extreme cheapskate like that show...has anyone seen that?

I so want to watch that show but I never seem to catch it! Are they as bad as I am imagining!?

Last one I watched the couple showered together, shared razors, got a burial plot and asked if they could just be dumped in the same coffin as the other when they died, but their own shopping, label it and put it in their own cupboard with a lock on it, measure petrol before and after each person uses it, I could go on! I thought that was a tad ridiculous!

Back