February money challenge

Last one I watched the couple showered together, shared razors, got a burial plot and asked if they could just be dumped in the same coffin as the other when they died, but their own shopping, label it and put it in their own cupboard with a lock on it, measure petrol before and after each person uses it, I could go on! I thought that was a tad ridiculous!

Wow I like to save money but that's taking it to the extreme!!!

I've seen that extreme cheapskates program. I just couldn't be bothered. Same with the coupon-ing. It just seemed crazy to have loads of stuff that you prob wouldn't use?

quick update, since mid-January I've managed to pay £800 off my credit card. I've also paid off my catalogue (can't remember if I said that?) and my bank loan finishes next month which is £375 a month. I'm going to try and pay it before then, just so I'm 'clean' from end of February if that makes sense? The big thing now will be not spending what I've clawed back on credit card.

I should be about £600 a month better off by my calculations :)

Although my credit score went down this month? How mean is that.

I've seen that extreme cheapskates program. I just couldn't be bothered. Same with the coupon-ing. It just seemed crazy to have loads of stuff that you prob wouldn't use?

quick update, since mid-January I've managed to pay £800 off my credit card. I've also paid off my catalogue (can't remember if I said that?) and my bank loan finishes next month which is £375 a month. I'm going to try and pay it before then, just so I'm 'clean' from end of February if that makes sense? The big thing now will be not spending what I've clawed back on credit card.

I should be about £600 a month better off by my calculations :)

Although my credit score went down this month? How mean is that.
Wow that's excellent! You could do do much with that money especially if able to save it up which if you've been used to not having it to spend maybe you could?

Wow!! Excellent savings and payments peeps! I've stuck to my budget so far and bf is getting paid Friday so I'll put another £100 in our holiday pot.

I've decided to leave the rest in the bank towards paying the overdraft instead of cc and I'll give you all an update nearer the end of the month with savings and payments. So far so good though :)

Sorry I forgot to reply to this!

Yes we should ideally be able to put £500/month away for a mortgage deposit. We've been pretty skint for the last 3 years so will be nice to get a few bits we've not been able to and to go out more etc.

We'd like to buy a flat to rent out within next 2-3 years (Gaz is 38 and has no pension, so we'd like to get 2 flats paid off before retirement that would give him a bit of income).

Basically that means saving forever!

Have just found out that I'm a victim of credit card fraud!! I am absolutely LIVID!!

Will be calling Barclaycard as soon as I finish work to try and sort it out!!!! ARGH!!!

Have just found out that I'm a victim of credit card fraud!! I am absolutely LIVID!!

Will be calling Barclaycard as soon as I finish work to try and sort it out!!!! ARGH!!!

Oh no!!
Hope barclaycard manage to sort it for you :(

Its so horrid!

Basically I bought some 'space bags' (anyone seen the adverts for them on tv??) and the company sold my details on to another company called Free Time. About 2 weeks after I received the bags, someone called and asked if i wanted more info on other products or any more bags (which i said thanks but no thanks to obviously) but he said he was sending a brochure anyway and if i didnt want it then throw it away.

What he didnt tell me was that in the brochure there was small print which said i was now signed up to some holiday time share thing and if i didnt 'cancel' within 30 days I would be charged an annual fee for it! So I just chucked it away and now have been charged £99.99 on my credit card. I have reported it to the antifraud police thing online and got a crime number - just need to wait til i finish work and call Barclays.

There is tons of stuff on the internet about it - some banks seem more helpful than others and some people have got money back after harrassing 'space bags' so I have emailed them as well. I think it works in my favour that I used a credit card rather than a debit card but still I am worried about getting the money back. I also need a new card in case they try and do it again!

How can people do this? It's just as well it wasn't more or I would really be in trouble. :(

Card now cancelled and a new one in the post and they are investigating it. They say I'm covered and won't be liable but I am still worried. And prob will be til I get a refund!

Just as well I'm checking everything all the time trying to get myself out of trouble. Bf is going to check back over his statements at the weekend as well just in case!

Yay good news & more good news.

I've been a little bad, not really bad, but it helped me last month only spending on essentials, but this month I've bought myself a little box thingy for my dresser to put my make-up in, it wasn't expensive, I did deliberate a few days whether to buy or not, anyhow that's the last of my non essential spending for now.

I took a look at my bank balance the other day & it doesn't seem too bad, my siphoning off monies into little pots is working I think, all in all, happy days.

Payday on Friday for me and so far I think I am doing ok. I'm actually looking forward to payday for reasons other than getting some money to pay bills...I'm looking forward to calculating how much I have paid off my credit card and hopefully overdraft!! :)

Back