From one extreme to the other - food diary!

I think they are well worth the syns.

I use quorn mince and a heap of peppers and onion through it. The Old El Paso taco seasoning is 5 syns for the 35g sachet. I easily get 2 nights dinners for me and DH out of one bag of quorn, but I syn each portion as 2 to be on the safe side.

Their taco shells are 3.5 syns each. Some nights I won't bother the shells, and just have the mince on a baked spud.

Last night I had 2 shells and mince for 9 syns, which wasn't bad at all for a tasty dinner.

I think they are well worth the syns.

I use quorn mince and a heap of peppers and onion through it. The Old El Paso taco seasoning is 5 syns for the 35g sachet. I easily get 2 nights dinners for me and DH out of one bag of quorn, but I syn each portion as 2 to be on the safe side.

Their taco shells are 3.5 syns each. Some nights I won't bother the shells, and just have the mince on a baked spud.

Last night I had 2 shells and mince for 9 syns, which wasn't bad at all for a tasty dinner.

Definitely going to have to try these- they sound lush!

Starting to get a bit stumped for lunch ideas in the week - not allowed hot or smelly food in the office so it really limits things a bit :(

Morning: Apple, Alpen Light Bar - Chocolate Fudge (HexB)

Lunch: 2 Ryvita, Pasta Salad with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, 40g reduced fat feta (HexA), Apple, Thai Sweet Chilli Velvet Crunch (4 Syns)

Dinner: Stole & adapted this recipe from a thread on here by Chocko. Was lovely! Quorn Chicken stye pieces, Peppers, Celery, Onions, Spring onions, 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 tsb worcestershire sauce served with 125g boiled rice & 2 Microwavable poppodoms (4 syns). Vanilla mullerlight yoghurt. Yum!!

Drinks: Coffee x 2 (SS Milk HexA)

Syns: 8
HexA: 2
HexB: 2

That's a bit pants, that you're not allowed hot or smelly lunches! Just realised everything I usually have for lunch is hot AND smelly.

Do you like frittata? You could have it cold with a side salad? I make a syn free one, it's very handy.

So I'm gutted...
I've gained a pound :( serves me right for 2 weekends of naughtiness I guess :( anyway I have high hopes of staying on plan this weekend!
Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Apple, alpen light bar chocolate fudge (hexb)

Lunch: pasta salad, cucumber, tomatoes, Peppers, 40g of feta (hexa) 2 ryvitas (hexb) Apple, velvet crunch Thai sweet chilli (4 syns)

Dinner: quorn chicken, lentil and sweet potato curry, made with onions peppers carrots courgette lentils quorn chicken pieces sweet potatoes fat free yoghurt garlic chilli cumin coriander korma powder turmeric stock - was lush and have leftovers for today. Served with 125g of boiled rice.

Desert: my SW version of Eton mess - strawberries, 2 meringue nests (3 syns each so 6 syns) and 1 mullerlight vanilla yoghurt.

Drinks: coffee x 2 (SS milk - hexa)

Syns: 10
Hexa: 2
Hexb: 2

So managed to stay on track today :)

breakfast: Lemon drizzle alpen light bar (hexb) & apple

lunch: jacket potato, leftover curry from last night with a side salad of peppers, cucumber and tomatoes covered in my homemade mint dip (fat free yoghurt, mint sauce and sweetener)

dinner: sweet potato chips, peas, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, quorn chicken slices stuffed with 42g of reduced fat mozerella (hexa) topped with red pepper and 40g reduced fat cheddar (hexa). With 2 meringue nests (6 syns) and a vanilla muller light yoghurt.

Hexa: 2
hexb: 1 (might much some ry vita later to up this to 2)
syns: 6

just made some SW onion chutney so might munch this with the ryvita :)

So weighed again yesterday morning (I know I shouldn't have - really need to get my boyfriend to hide the scales) but on the plus side I'd lost 2lbs since Saturday morning? Which I guess means I've lost another pound this week? Confused!!

Breakfast: Apple, Alpen Light Bar Lemon Drizzle (Hexb)

Snack: 2 Ryvita (HexB) with syn free home made onion chutney - this is a must try - nabbed the recipe off here somewhere!

Lunch: Was feeling really lazy after doing the weekly shop so had cheese and brocoli pasta n sauce with no extra superfree :ashamed0005:

Dinner: Mediteranian spicy quorn chicken - Tinned tomatoes, balasamic vinegar, chilli, peppers, celery, onion, quorn chicken, oregano, cajun spice & garlic with 125g boiled rice topped with 40g reduced fat cheddar (hexa) with Eton mes for desert (2 merangue nests = 6 syns) strawberries & mullerlight vanilla yoghurt - bit addicted to this at the moment if you can't tell!!

Syns: 6
HexA: 1

Ooh yeah I hadn't though of frittata may have to try that next week. Have you got a good recipe for one?

Sorry, haven't been online in a few days.

The one I make is really easy. I use 4 eggs and a tub of low fat cottage cheese. Put all of the eggs and cottage cheese into a pint glass and whisk it up with a fork.

In a quiche dish, put in whatever veg you're using. I often do pepper and onion, or cauliflower and broccoli. Pour the egg/cheese mix over it. The veg kinda "floats" in the egg (not pretty!), but that's fine. Pop it in the oven, I have mine at around 180 degrees, and let it cook away until egg has gone solid. I like mine nice and brown on top, but you don't have to leave it that long. Once the egg is set, it's cooked.

Sorry, haven't been online in a few days.

The one I make is really easy. I use 4 eggs and a tub of low fat cottage cheese. Put all of the eggs and cottage cheese into a pint glass and whisk it up with a fork.

In a quiche dish, put in whatever veg you're using. I often do pepper and onion, or cauliflower and broccoli. Pour the egg/cheese mix over it. The veg kinda "floats" in the egg (not pretty!), but that's fine. Pop it in the oven, I have mine at around 180 degrees, and let it cook away until egg has gone solid. I like mine nice and brown on top, but you don't have to leave it that long. Once the egg is set, it's cooked.

Oooh that's pretty much how I make my quiche - never though of cauliflower and broccoli though - that sounds fab!

Really need to find something new for lunch - getting sooooo bored of salads :( may have a go at the fritatta courtesy of coughdrops.

Bit of a lazy day yesterday as I had to nip over my Mum's to sort out posters for the charity Ladies Evening I'm organising...

Breakfast - Apple, Alpen light cereal bar lemon drizzle (hexB)

Lunch: Feta Salad - Cucumber, lettace, tomatoes, 40g Feta (Hexa), 2 ryvita (hexb), Thai sweet chilli velvet crunch (4 syns)

Dinner: Added some kidney beans, courgettes and more tinned toms to last night's leftover mediteranian spicy quron dish so had that with 125g boiled rice and 2 extra light laughing cow triangles (2 syns) on top.

Desert: Suprise Suprise... SW Eton Mess (6 syns)

Drinks: Water & Coffee x2 (HexA)

Syns: 12
HexA: 2

So pretty much had exactly the same as yesterday... didn't get in until late so no point repeating myself. Had a few different things today so hopefully tomorrow's post should be slightly more exciting...

But one thing I was hoping someone could help with... My OH had chips from the chip shop yesterday and I pinched about 5 chips - anyone know how to syn this? I also had a bite of my friends chocolate cake (would be rude not to!) so syns for this too?

I had 10 syns yesterday from merangues and velvet crunch so am hoping the 5 chips and bite of cake didn't push me over :mad:

My OH had chips from the chip shop yesterday and I pinched about 5 chips - anyone know how to syn this? I also had a bite of my friends chocolate cake (would be rude not to!) so syns for this too?

I haven't a clue what the syns would be, tbh I'd just write it down on my food diary, put a big red circle around it, and for the next few days be aware of not going over my syns. Move on, and don't make it a pattern.

Chances are, there will be other days when you have to take a bit of cake, a few chips, etc... you can't avoid stuff all the time... but we have to learn that a few bits like that add up, so not to be doing it on a daily basis. Writing everything down is super for keeping track and showing what slips in unnoticed (for me anyway!!!)

I haven't a clue what the syns would be, tbh I'd just write it down on my food diary, put a big red circle around it, and for the next few days be aware of not going over my syns. Move on, and don't make it a pattern.

Chances are, there will be other days when you have to take a bit of cake, a few chips, etc... you can't avoid stuff all the time... but we have to learn that a few bits like that add up, so not to be doing it on a daily basis. Writing everything down is super for keeping track and showing what slips in unnoticed (for me anyway!!!)

Yeah definitely - its so much easier to see where your going wrong when you've written stuff down. It's just so hard when I'm cooking (and am hungry) and other half is sat there munching chips *grrrr*! How are you doing back on track after your weekend away?

I've been ok last couple of days, and was fine before the weekend, but not enough I reckon to have actually lost. Will be very happy if I can manage a STS tonight, and put this week behind me.

Yeah, have a family party on Sat night. Can't be avoided, so intend to have a good SE dinner before I go and to go easy on the goodies. Not planning on drinking either, after my hangover last weekend!

Back