From one extreme to the other - food diary!

Well done Jessie x

So I know I don't usually do a food diary for over the weekend but I've got to share this recipe that my Mum gave me - I think it's originally a Delia Smith recipe but it's SW friendly and only one HexB! It is meant to be made with chicken and chicken stock but I adapted it to quorn and veg stock, added a bit more veg and it was just as nice.

Ingredients:

3 cloves of garlic (I used one heaped tea spoon of very lazy)
2 Onions (Chopped)
2 Sticks of celery (Chopped)
1/2 tsp of Turmeric
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 can of Heinz Lentil Soup (1xHexB)
Quorn chicken style pieces
150ml veg stock

Fry the chopped onion and celery in fry light with the garlic. Once it has started to brown add the quorn chicken - heat through for around 5 minutes then add all the spices and puree. In a seperate bowl mix the stock and the soup. Once quorn is coated in the spices add the stock / soup mix & heat through.

Serve with rice.

Highly recommend this one it's so easy and yummy too!!

EDIT : Ok, so just discovered that Heinz Lentil Soup is no longer a HexB and is infact 9 syns!!!! Luckily I shared it with my OH so only 4.5 syns *phew*

Last edited:
Thank you :) How are you getting on lately? x

Much better this week I think, I've been on plan with low syns. Did go over on Saturday, but I usually have at least one day a week like that (sometimes it's the whole weekend :eek: ). Back on track for Wed, hoping to get a 2 lbs loss. Was up 0.5 last week.

That recipe looks lovely!

Much better this week I think, I've been on plan with low syns. Did go over on Saturday, but I usually have at least one day a week like that (sometimes it's the whole weekend :eek: ). Back on track for Wed, hoping to get a 2 lbs loss. Was up 0.5 last week.

That recipe looks lovely!

I struggle over the weekend too - had a naughty day on Saturday but managed to get back on track Sunday. Plus I did lots of walking on Saturday so I'm hoping it'll even out!! Fingers crossed for a 2lb loss for you - let me know how you get on! x

I will! 3 good days between now and then.

Sometimes I think I'd prefer a Tuesday w/i... Monday is far too soon after the weekend, but Wed seems a long way off. Picky, aren't I!

Do you ever have those days where no matter what you eat you still don't feel satisfied - I don't mean still feel hungry - just generally don't know what you fancy to eat and when you do eat something it just doesn't quite hit the spot? Yesterday was one of those days...

Breakfast: Tangerine, Alpen light bar (HexB)

Lunch: Feta Pasta Salad (Lettace, tomato, Cucumber, peppers, pasta & 40g RF Feta (Hexa)) 2 Ryvita (hexb) apple, Weight Watchers cheese nachos (4 syns)

Dinner: Veggie chilli (quorn mince, onions, celery, peppers, courgettes, passata, garlic, chilli, cumin, corriander, cayenne pepper, paprika) with boiled rice, 40g RF chedder (Hexa) and 2 microwaved poppodoms (3 syns)

Drinks: 2 x Coffee (Going to allow 2 syns as my coffees are generally quite dark)

HexA: 2
HexB: 2
Syns: 9

Need to think of something a bit more exciting for tea today!

Forgot to make lunch yesterday - hence the boring lunch!! Didn't really like my tea either :(

Breakfast: Tangerine, Alpen light bar (HexB)

Lunch: 2 Ryvita (HexB) Apple, WW Cheese Nachos (4 Syns)

Dinner: Rice with my attempt a Cripsy chilli quorn, which was nice but not great & a mullerlight yoghurt for desert

Drinks: Coffee x 3 (SS milk = HexA)

Have my charity Ladies Evening that I've organised tonight so won't be eating until late and there's going to be lots of yummy treats there such as cakes and shortbread about, but think I may treat myself to a low syn chinese so that I don't have to cook when I get home (which will be late!) Just hope it all goes well!!!

Do you ever have those days where no matter what you eat you still don't feel satisfied - I don't mean still feel hungry - just generally don't know what you fancy to eat and when you do eat something it just doesn't quite hit the spot? Yesterday was one of those days..!

Yes. Definitely. I end up mooching around cupboards, which have flip all in them since the Junk Food Embargo.

Have my charity Ladies Evening that I've organised tonight so won't be eating until late and there's going to be lots of yummy treats there such as cakes and shortbread about, but think I may treat myself to a low syn chinese so that I don't have to cook when I get home (which will be late!) Just hope it all goes well!!!

Sounds like a fun night! Best of luck. I'm going to make my quorn tacos at lunch so they're ready for when I come back from Scales of Doom, but might go mad and throw in some extra cheese!

:wow: well done you!!! that's amazing!!!!

How much are you aiming for next week after that fab loss? x

I've 2 lbs to go to stone and half award, so would love that. I'm working in different office next week though, so that changes my w/i to Tuesday. I'll give it a good bash anyway! Still have my eye on 2 stone award for Christmas, so I need 2 lbs a week to get that.

I've 2 lbs to go to stone and half award, so would love that. I'm working in different office next week though, so that changes my w/i to Tuesday. I'll give it a good bash anyway! Still have my eye on 2 stone award for Christmas, so I need 2 lbs a week to get that.

That's definitely achievable - good luck!

So the Ladies Evening went brilliantly! I was so worried nobody would turn up but it was packed!! PLUS I managed to avoid the shortbread / cupcakes & alcohol! And I'm hoping all the running around I did will count as some body magic.

I'm not expecting a big loss this week as even though I've stuck to plan I've not really done the whole 1/3 of my plate superfree as accurately as I could have. So busy busy day yesterday....

Breakfast: Tangerine, Alpen light bar (Hexb)

Lunch: Feta & Rice salad = 40g RF feta (hexa) lettace, tomato, pepper, cucumber, boiled rice with an apple, 2 ryvita (hexb), WW Nacho cheese tortillas (4 syns) - Needed lots of carbs to keep me going through the Ladies Evening as salad just doesn't fill me up!!

Dinner: Boiled rice & bean curd in black bean and green pepper sauce (6 syns)

Drinks: Water & 3 x Coffee (SS milk HexA)

Syns: 10

Still haven't caught up on sleep so still feeling very sleepy!

Breakfast: Tangerine, Alpen Light bar (HexB)

Lunch: Thai style noodle mug shot (1 syn), Apple, 2 Ryvita (HexB) & WW Cheese Nacho Tortillas (4 syns)

Dinner: One pot pasta (got the recipe off here somewhere and adapted it but was yummy) Threw dried spaghetti, garlic, chilli, tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, spring onions, balsamic vinegar, veg stock, basil, oregano and mixed herbs into a pot and boiled - then stirred in some smash to make a thicker sauce - was so yummy I had 2 portions! Had 40g RF cheese on my first portion (HexA) then 25g of RF cheese on my second potrion (4 syns) - was soooo good & easy! Then a vanilla mullerlight for desert.

Drinks: Water & Coffee x3 (SS Milk = HexA)

Syns: 9

Ooh, that one pot pasta sounds yummy, I love chuck it all in type meals... Will def give that one a go! xx

So had to weigh in yesterday and lost another pound!! Really want to be under the 13 mark next week..

Lots of body magic this week with a 6 mile walk on Saturday and a walk around the park yesterday (I even played football with my OH & Godson - as a girly girl this really isn't me!!)

Slightly aching today but all worth it. Counting down the days until payday on Friday so food diary will probably be pretty boring this week as I'm scraping the cupboards :cry:

On another note, my charity Ladies Evening raised £912.68! Whoop!

Still aching from the weekend - I'm SO unfit!!

Breakfast: Alpen Light Bar (HexB) - Plus a bite of an apple that turned out to be gone off *blech*

Lunch: Home made carrot and corriander soup (onion, carrot, potato, corriander, veg stock) with 2 ryvita (HexB) & an apple

Dinner: 125g boiled rice, butternut squash curry with 2 microwavable poppodoms (3 syns) a vanilla mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks / Drinks: Got hungry after dinner so treated myself to a chocolate mini roll (5 syns). 2 x Coffee (SS milk = HexA)

Syns: 8
HexA: 1

Bit concerned about my soup after I'd made it though - as I remembered that if you blend fruit / veg isn't it meant to be synned? Any help would be appreciated!

Back