From one extreme to the other - food diary!

That pasta bake does sound yummy, think I might make a meaty version myself tonight, I've got a pack of mince in the freezer needing used. Just have to use strong willpower not to overeat - pasta portions are where I can really lose it!! xx

Yeah I'm the same - especially if I've made a large bake that would easily feed 4 - I just keep picking at before I know it I've eaten the whole thing!! *DOH!*

Love trying stuff that turns out to be too big. My sister in law gave me a top that she never wore, and it's not something I'd normally go for. Thought it would be too small too, but when I tried it on it fitted quite nicely. It's a loose style, but it's a 14! Even loose 16s or 18s were too tight on me. Have a jumper passed on from my mam in a 16, which fits ok too. I've not bought a 16 jumper in years.

Goal is to get boots zipped up over my cankles...

Boots were my sworn enemy last year.. had a very teary moment when some boots I'd ordered (in the extra wide calf fitting) wouldn't even do up half way up my leg... ordered a pair this year (not even the extra wide calf fit size!) and they actually fit!!! Granted, they're pretty snug, but they fit!!!

So, after my official WI on Saturday - I'd gained 2lbs, which I'm happy with as that's a LOT less than my WI on Wednesday! Had another hiccup on the weekend, I went to Harvester with my friends and just had a blow out, cauliflower cheese tart, chips, bread rolls (emphasis on the rollS) butter, ice cream. When I got home I decided that Saturday was a write off so had chinese for tea. However, rather than writing off the weekend I stuck to plan on Sunday which I was proud of.

I'm back on plan today and will remain so until Friday when me and the OH are having our weekend break to London (excited!) where I have every intention of stuffing my face with as much rubbish as possible :)

I will then be 100% on plan until Xmas week where I plan on being naughty then no more breaks in 2014 until Mexico in April *gulp!*

Whats everyone elses plans for Xmas? Are you going to stay on plan or enjoy it to the full??

I'm here!!!!

I've just been awakened from a sugar / fat / junk food coma.... just kidding, basically I've been too busy stuffing my face - whoops!!!

After a weekend of amazing food in London I'm back on track.. I seriously hate this time of year for food temptation! It's SO hard!! All the chocolates everywhere and Christmas dinners whilst I sit here with my mug shot... sigh!!

On the plus side, I got on the scales yesterday, I've only gained a pound over my week long gorge which I'm happy with meaning I've got to lose 3lb to get me back to 13stone 1 (I can do it!).

I'm such a hypocrite saying I'll be 100% plan until Xmas, there are at least 2 occasions I can think of on the run up in which I'll be off plan - I'm just going to ensure that the off plan-ness sticks to being one meal rather than a whole day / weekend!

CD, i'll come check in on your diary now :) x

A pound is nothing! 2 good days, and that'll be gone. You'll be due a good loss next week.

Going to my family for Christmas, so planning on taking my own pre-prepared veggies and a jacket potato that I can stick in the oven to warm up. At least then I know they aren't smothered in butter!

A pound is nothing! 2 good days, and that'll be gone. You'll be due a good loss next week.

Going to my family for Christmas, so planning on taking my own pre-prepared veggies and a jacket potato that I can stick in the oven to warm up. At least then I know they aren't smothered in butter!

Your so good! I'm totally planning on scoffing hahaa!

So did good yesterday:

Breakfast: Apple, 12 Cashew nuts (HexB)

Lunch: 2 Ryvita (HexB), Thai Style Mugshot (1/2 syn), Thai Sweet Chilli Snackajacks (4.5 Syns)

Dinner: Some sort of veggy jambalaya that I made up: Rice, Carrots, Peppers, Tinned Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Chilli, Saffron, Cajun Spice, Veg Stock, Quorn Chicken, parsley and some other spices! with 40g RF cheddar (hexA) then another portion with another 40g RF cheddar (hexA) Vanilla mullerlight yoghurt.

Drinks: 2 Coffees (2 syns for milk) Water

Other: 2 Advent Calender Chocs - I missed a few days whilst away Lol!

HexA: 2
HexB: 2
Syns: 7

So had a good weekend on plan - had a lazy day yesterday which I always find hard to not scoff my face as I tend to boredom eat, but sat and watched a load of rubbish telly and ate a home made SW curry with lentils and potato (considering I just sort of made it up it was yum!).

Cannot wait til Payday on Friday am so fed up of having to make up meals that aren't exactly great due to not being able to afford nice fresh food!

Fingers crossed that I'll lose a little bit this week, I want to hover around my current weight over xmas then go for it properly before Mexico in April!with lentils and potato (considering I just sort of made it up it was yum!)

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've updated... So I was horrificly naughty over the Xmas period, I braved the scales New Year's Day and could have cried when I saw how much I'd put on, I'm now 13st 12lb, I'm so embarrassed! Thing is, when I'm not on plan, I tend to go over board due to the mentality of "I've only got a few days of eating what I want, need to make the most of it!" and literally eat more than I would before I even started SW.

Anyway, I have no one to blame but myself, but onwards and downwards...

I've been back on plan since last Wednesday so hoping for a good loss this coming Saturday (going to stick to this being my WI day!) have been gulping down the super speed soup (pretty sick of it now lol!) I would ideally like to be in the mid 12's when I go to Mexico at the end of April.

I can do this!!!

You can definitely do it!

I'm dreading Wed, but at same time want to know where I stand and what damage I have to undo

So I sneakily weighed myself last night and I haven't lost a thing :( I'm wondering if I'm still overdoing it on the free food and not having enough superfree. I do have large portions at dinner but I have a big appetite...

Breakfast: 12 Cashew nuts (HexB) Coffee with SS Milk (1 syn)

Lunch: Super Speed Soup, 2 Ryvita (HexB), Thai Sweet Chilli Velvet Crunch (4 syns)

Dinner: Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta (adapted from Slimming eats) - this was delicious and highly recommended. I adapted it a bit by adding carrots to make it a little sweeter & swapped the cottage cheese and parmesan for Low fat yoghurt (Not Fat free so allowing 4 syns to be safe) & RF cheddar (HexA), & added some extra superfree but was still lovely. Had one of the Aldi cereal bars for desert (2 syns) This is the recipe I used for those who want it:

• 650g of butternut squash (cubed)
  • 4 large carrots roughly sliced
  • Sliced Peppers
  • Sliced onion
  • 280g of spaghetti
  • 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon of rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon of paprika
  • 2 heaped tablespoons of Low fat yoghurt
  • 1 cup (240ml) of vegetable stock (hot)
  • Frylight/Pam spray

Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)

Place the butternut squash & carrot in a oven proof dish with the garlic, rosemary, paprika and spray with some Frylight/Pam Olive Oil spray. Mix to evenly coat.

Roast in the oven until tender and slightly caramelised

Add the butternut squash & carrot to a blender, along with 2 heaped tablespoons of yoghurt and stock.

Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Fry the peppers and onions in frylight until slightly browned whilst the spaghetti is cooking.

Once the spaghetti is cooked add the peppers, onion and sauce to the pasta and top with 40g RF cheddar - YUM!!

HexA: 1
Syns: 10

As I've finished eating for today thought I may as well do 2 days worth of diaries...

07/01

Breakfast: apple, aldi cereal bar (hexb)

lunch: super speed soup, 2 ryvita (hexb), Thai sweet chilli velvet crunch (4 syns)

dinner: really easy and highly recommended curry recipe -

small knob fresh ginger , peeled and finely sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 onion , chopped
Quorn chicken style pieces
1 tsp garam masala
200 ml stock
3 tbsp fat free fromage frais or natural yoghurt
fresh coriander
Method
Spray a pan with some non stick spray. Cook the ginger, garlic and onion until softened, add a bit of the stock if they start to stick to pan. Tip in the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 mins, then add in garam masala and cook for 1 min further.
Pour over the stock and simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with some fresh coriander and stir in the fromage frais (or natural yoghurt). Remove from heat and serve.

I added some chopped carrots and celery to up the super free and served it with rice. I only had low fat yoghurt not fat free so estimating 4 syns. Also had another cereal bar so 2 syns.

Coffee x2 with milk as hexa

Syns: 10

08/01

breakfast: apple, aldi cereal bar (hexb)

lunch: super speed soup, 2 ryvita (hexb), aldi cereal bar (hexb)

dinner: veggie spaghetti bolognaise, with spaghetti, topped with 40g RF cheddar (hexa) and another cereal bar (2 syns)

coffee with milk as hexa

hexA: 2
hexb: 2
syns: 2

Your food always sounds so nice, makes me hungry!! Love SW curry, have you tried the peanut one in Pete's recipe thread? I make it without the peanut butter so it's syn free, and fire loads of spices in it. Lovely and hot with either SW chips or rice.

Your food always sounds so nice, makes me hungry!! Love SW curry, have you tried the peanut one in Pete's recipe thread? I make it without the peanut butter so it's syn free, and fire loads of spices in it. Lovely and hot with either SW chips or rice.

Lol thanks! To be honest most of them are stolen / adapted from here or the Slimming Eats website...

Oooo I might have a go without the peanut butter - I've seen it before and everyone raving about it but I'm not a fan of peanut butter so never tried it. Will def give it a go without though!

Forgot to say on your diary - well done on the STS!

Busy busy busy night last night - didn't get home until 9:30 so didn't eat until around 10pm!

Breakfast: Cereal bar (hexB), Apple

Lunch: Super speed soup, cereal bar (Hexb), 12 cashew nuts (hexb) I had the nuts in my soup as a crouton replacement and it was really nice!

Dinner: Just chucked some celery, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, chilli & balsamic vinegar in a frying pan and had it with some pasta along with 65g of RF cheddar (HexA+ 3 syns)

Drinks: Water & Coffee x 1 (will syn as not enough milk for hexA)

Syns: 3.5

I lost 4 pounds! yay! My first mile stone is to get back to where I was before Paris / London / Christmas... Still feels so far away. Made me realise how I got to the weight I was before I started SW. I'm hoping to be down to 12 for when I go to Mexico in April which is a stone and a half to lose - I think that sounds reasonable!

So won't bore you all with a break down of my weekend but I stayed on plan and even had a chinese (tofu in green pepper and black been sauce - 6 syns!)

However it was hard to resist temptation as my friend broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years on Friday so we had a sofa / duvet day on Sunday watching films and chatting. She brought around a huge bag full of goodies to munch on (and some fruit in case I was being 'good' as she called it - bless her!) I'm glad to say I reached for the tub of mango and pineapple rather than the dairy milk 'marvellous creations' (have you tried these though? Seriously yum!!) I allowed myself one small cube of chocolate and resisted to munch on anymore!

I always find it so much harder when I'm sat at home to stick to plan - whereas in work I find it's easier to stick to plan due to having less choice available!

Well done Jessie!! 4 lbs is amazing! Next time you're shopping pick up 4lbs of butter to feel the weight in your hands. I've a 1.5 stone bag of spuds in kitchen that I lifted to put into my trolley... OMG the heaviness! And I carried that around all the time before I started SW. No wonder my knees groaned.

Sorry to hear about your friend's break-up, that's always hard to deal with.

Back