From one extreme to the other - food diary!

Hi Jessie

Blended fruit (e.g. a smoothie) has to be synned, but blended veg doesn't.

So had one of those *yay* moments earlier...

The cleaning lady in work was chatting to me as I was heating up my soup and suddenly came out with "I've got to say - you've lost a lot of weight haven't you? You look great!" Which is always great to hear, especially when it's from someone who didn't know that you were on a diet as I sometimes find people that know I'm doing SW almost seem as if they feel obliged to say "You look like you've lost weight".

So food yesterday was nearly exactly the same as Monday I'm afraid (did warn you that it was going to be a boring week!)

Breakfast: Alpen Light Bar (HexB) & Apple

Lunch: Home made carrot and corriander soup (onion, carrot, potato, corriander, veg stock) with 2 ryvita (HexB) & an apple

Dinner: 125g boiled rice, butternut squash curry with 2 microwavable poppodoms (3 syns) & SW Eton Mess (2 Merangue nests (6 syns), strawberries and FF Yoghurt)

Drinks: 2 x Coffee (SS milk = HexA)

Syns: 9
HexA: 1
HexB: 2

Have a meeting tonight with the chairty committee that I'm on and it's an awkward time so I either make something quick before I go or put something on to eat when I get back and eat late...

Hey Brittany!

Oooooh that sounds lush! Whats the recipe? x

all you need is
stirfry
noodles (egg or rice, i prefer rice because you get loads and they are less calories)
soy sauce
water
peanut butter
chillies

make the stirfry and noodles as normal
when it is nearly ready add chillies and a small amount of water
then throw in some soy sauce
get a tablespoon of peanut butter and stir it in to the stirfry water and soysauce
i think its better adding water as the butter is easier to stir in and you dont have to use loads of soy sauce (full of sodium)
then add noodles and mix in :D

really easy and absolutely divine!!! xx

all you need is
stirfry
noodles (egg or rice, i prefer rice because you get loads and they are less calories)
soy sauce
water
peanut butter
chillies

make the stirfry and noodles as normal
when it is nearly ready add chillies and a small amount of water
then throw in some soy sauce
get a tablespoon of peanut butter and stir it in to the stirfry water and soysauce
i think its better adding water as the butter is easier to stir in and you dont have to use loads of soy sauce (full of sodium)
then add noodles and mix in :D

really easy and absolutely divine!!! xx

That sounds amazing - definitely will be trying that!! How many syns are the peanut butter? xxx

Don't get me wrong - I love winter - Christmas, dark evenings, cosy nights in, long walks in the forrest...

However, I hate how ill I get! Admittedly, I used to be ill ALL year round and would catch anything and everything that was going around, I found that since I started SW my immune system has been SO much better - I guess this is from the increase in fruit and veg that I've been eating rather than junk. Could feel myself starting to get sniffley last night at the committee meeting (so many good ideas planned for next year!) and, as exoected, have woken up this morning with a chest and nose full of gross stuff, sneezing, head ache and I'd give rudolph a run for his money in the red nose front...

Thing is, when I feel like this, I just want comfort food but have stopped myself eating anything naughty by the realisation that I can't actually taste anything - so there's really no point in eating the junk if I can't taste it! Mind you, it's 9:30am, my outlook on that may have changed come this evening.

So had a little confidence boost yesterday - I stumbled across a random Ladies SW blog on facebook, no idea who she is but thought I'd have a nosey. The way she wrote things was hysterical and her husband did all these funny cartoons with pictures of their heads on. But the moment of clarity came when I read that her target weight was 13 stone (pretty much the weight I am now) and I realised that there are people who would be more than happy to be the weight I am now and to start celebrating how far I've come rather than how far I have to go.

So a bit of self love from me, for me today! Gonna need it when feeling this pants!!

So, food yesterday...

Breakfast: Apple

Lunch: Home made Veg soup (onion, butternut squash, peppers, veg stock) with 2 ryvita (HexB), 12 Cashew nuts (HexB) & an apple

Dinner: A HUGE pile of spaghetti (ok, admittedly my superfree probably wasn't 1/3 of the plate - but I feel pants, so sticking to the plan at all is a good thing in my eyes - yeah, excuses excuses - i know!!) with veggie bolognaise (quorn mince, herbs, chopped tomatoes, peppers, onions, carrots, broccoli & cauliflower) with 40g RF cheddar (HexA)

Drinks: 2 x Coffee (SS milk = HexA)

Syns: 0 - :eek:
HexA: 2

Sooo, I've put off updating because I've been soooooo naughty!

After having a whole weekend off the wagon & Monday & tuesday (Monday and Tuesday are forgivable in my books though as I was in Paris with work - had to make the most of it!!!) I'm back on with a vegence today - home made veggy soup for lunch and shopping after work so that I'm stocked up and ready to go! Even if it is only for a week as I'm in London for the weekend next week with my OH and will be making the most of that too....

Excuses Excuses!!!!

I only got back on track on Monday after about a week of half-hearted Food Optimising. Everyone has a few blips along the way. The only thing you can do is put it behind you. I went to weigh in last night, dreading it, and could easily have stayed home. If I'd stayed home though, my bad week would have been 2 weeks, and I've worked too hard for that!

3 weeks today to my Christmas party at work, so going to make sure my food diary is 100% as many days as I can before then. Hoping for a full 3 weeks of being on plan, but I've never pulled that one off!

Ahh we are allowed to fall off the wagon every once in a while... :)
how was paris???!! X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's such a beautiful city - but so cold (& expensive!!)

We went to this little bakery for lunch and you should've seen it, literally the most AMAZING cakes I've ever seen, which I managed to resist.. but more than made up for with a brie and salad freshly baked baguette *drools*...

Going back in February for another meeting to looking forward to that (my diet isn't though haha!)

How are things with you? xx

I only got back on track on Monday after about a week of half-hearted Food Optimising. Everyone has a few blips along the way. The only thing you can do is put it behind you. I went to weigh in last night, dreading it, and could easily have stayed home. If I'd stayed home though, my bad week would have been 2 weeks, and I've worked too hard for that!

3 weeks today to my Christmas party at work, so going to make sure my food diary is 100% as many days as I can before then. Hoping for a full 3 weeks of being on plan, but I've never pulled that one off!

Getting back 'on the wagon' is the worst part I think, it's almost 'one more day won't hurt' syndrome!!

What are you aiming to loose between now and the xmas party? Or is it just as much as possible? x

So stupidly got on the scales this morning... literally cannot believe how much I've put on, but as my official weigh day is Saturday I'm holding off as my official weigh in until then (hopefull some damage limitation will take plae before then!!!)

Back on plan yesterday:

Lunch: Homemade carrot & corriander soup (carrot, corriander, veg stock, onions, potatoes) 2 ryvita (hexb) 12 cashew nuts (Hexb) with WW nacho cheese tortillas (4 syns)

Dinner: Chilli pasta bake - basically made a quorn mince chilli with loads of veg (carrots, courgettes etc) mixed in a load of pasta topped with 65g RF cheddar (HexA + 4 syns) was soooo good! Mullerlight for desert

Drinks: White Coffee x2 (hexa)

Syns: 8

What are you aiming to loose between now and the xmas party? Or is it just as much as possible? x

9lbs would get me my 2 stone, but don't think I'd manage 3 lbs a week. Unless I get a really good week in this week. So, I'd be happy to get another 7 lbs instead.

Have a few things on the next few weeks which I'll just have to be sensible at!

So stupidly got on the scales this morning... literally cannot believe how much I've put on, but as my official weigh day is Saturday I'm holding off as my official weigh in until then (hopefull some damage limitation will take plae before then!!!)

Back on plan yesterday:

Lunch: Homemade carrot & corriander soup (carrot, corriander, veg stock, onions, potatoes) 2 ryvita (hexb) 12 cashew nuts (Hexb) with WW nacho cheese tortillas (4 syns)

Dinner: Chilli pasta bake - basically made a quorn mince chilli with loads of veg (carrots, courgettes etc) mixed in a load of pasta topped with 65g RF cheddar (HexA + 4 syns) was soooo good! Mullerlight for desert

Syns: 8

You'll be amazed at how much you can drop again in a few days, once you're back on the wagon your system responds pretty quickly I find. It's just getting back on the blasted thing!

Your dinner is going on my list! Sounds gorgeous.

You'll be amazed at how much you can drop again in a few days, once you're back on the wagon your system responds pretty quickly I find. It's just getting back on the blasted thing!

Your dinner is going on my list! Sounds gorgeous.

Honestly it's lush and soooo easy - had leftovers last night!!

Another *yay* moment last night - went shopping in town with my OH.

I hate trying on clothes in shops - it gets me all flustered and is too much of a hassle. So out of force of habit I continued picking up the size "Large" and "size 16's" (I was originally a size 20/22) and when I eventually got home and tried them all on - most of them are too big (not massively but a 14 would definitely look better!!) There was only one top that didn't fit and that was over my chest (which I have not lost anything off...).

Also, it's dress down day in work today and I've put a pair of old size 18 leggings on - they are literally sagging off my legs!! Another excuse to go shopping... have to nip in to take some stuff back (the too small top and a jumper that was scagged) so will have to add leggings to the list!!

Food yesterday was boring as it was pretty much same as day before:

Lunch: Homemade carrot & corriander soup (carrot, corriander, veg stock, onions, potatoes) 2 ryvita (hexb) 12 cashew nuts (Hexb)

Dinner: Chilli pasta bake - Leftovers (cheese 40g RF cheddar HexA + 25g 4 syns). Mullerlight for desert with 3 merangue nests (6 syns)

Syns: 10

Another *yay* moment last night - went shopping in town with my OH.

I hate trying on clothes in shops - it gets me all flustered and is too much of a hassle. So out of force of habit I continued picking up the size "Large" and "size 16's" (I was originally a size 20/22) and when I eventually got home and tried them all on - most of them are too big (not massively but a 14 would definitely look better!!) There was only one top that didn't fit and that was over my chest (which I have not lost anything off...).

Also, it's dress down day in work today and I've put a pair of old size 18 leggings on - they are literally sagging off my legs!! Another excuse to go shopping... have to nip in to take some stuff back (the too small top and a jumper that was scagged) so will have to add leggings to the list!!

Love trying stuff that turns out to be too big. My sister in law gave me a top that she never wore, and it's not something I'd normally go for. Thought it would be too small too, but when I tried it on it fitted quite nicely. It's a loose style, but it's a 14! Even loose 16s or 18s were too tight on me. Have a jumper passed on from my mam in a 16, which fits ok too. I've not bought a 16 jumper in years.

Goal is to get boots zipped up over my cankles...

That pasta bake does sound yummy, think I might make a meaty version myself tonight, I've got a pack of mince in the freezer needing used. Just have to use strong willpower not to overeat - pasta portions are where I can really lose it!! xx

Back