Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Good idea to make Wednesday your WI or else it will be complicated & no one wants to weigh half way through the day. Much better to do it 1st thing in the morning immediately after the bathroom visit :) .

It must be so difficult when you have to cook for others but you are doing great so keep it up & you will be rewarded x

That's brilliant, we have the exact same goals !
I love that in your profile stats your weight to lose is 5st13, even that 1lb into the 5st range is fantastic! I just can't wait to get over that first stone loss as well. I've resisted the scales since my midweek weigh-in, but hubby has weighted himself after 4 days and he's lost 12lbs! It just falls off the men!

I jumped on and off the scales five times with a minute's wait in-between to be sure that the correct number was 5st 13lb! LOL. Yes indeed that one pound makes all the difference psychologically. It took me from a depressing 17st to being back in the 15s - if only by one pound ha ha. I once weighed 21st 6lb. When I'd lost 11st I honestly thought, THIS TIME I'll never put it all back. After a run of personal loss and grief I began to nibble - and the weight slowly but surely crept back. Over the past year or two the speed of regain began to increase and I thought, oh no! At least I've started right now to take serious action to lose the regain, rather than desperately struggling my way back up to over 21st. I count myself very lucky to be in the frame of mind now (or whatever!) to deal with the problem before I become totally demoralised and self-hating. None of those negative reactions does the least little thing to help you lose the weight. Kicking yourself daily just makes you nibble and binge all the more.

This is pretty exciting! To have an exante buddy on such a similar journey. We're all on this road and we all know where we want to end up. Please God we all make it - in our own good time and by whatever healthy means.

PS My W.I. day is Wednesday x

It took me from a depressing 17st to being back in the 15s - if only by one pound ha ha. I once weighed 21st 6lb. When I'd lost 11st I honestly thought, THIS TIME I'll never put it all back. After a run of personal loss and grief I began to nibble - and the weight slowly but surely crept back. Over the past year or two the speed of regain began to increase and I thought, oh no! At least I've started right now to take serious action to lose the regain, rather than desperately struggling my way back up to over 21st. I count myself very lucky to be in the frame of mind now (or whatever!) to deal with the problem before I become totally demoralised and self-hating. None of those negative reactions does the least little thing to help you lose the weight. Kicking yourself daily just makes you nibble and binge all the more.

That is my biggest fear right now. Because it has happened before to me as well, after every diet and especially after lipotrim, and even before my wedding, which was my goal, I'd started to snack and get angry with myself for snacking which would make me snack more and I wasn't able to end the cycle :(. That's so good that you were able to end the cycle. I think I need to figure out a way to do that.

I can't weigh in this Wednesday because I'm in Paris with work :( I know without WI I'll be mentally fine, but I really want to know what I lost in the first week, and not wait until I come home on Friday night or Saturday morning to WI. I know I'm nuts but I am still toying with the idea of packing the scales!!! I reckon I have the baggage weight to spare... :rolleyes:

Our terror of 'cheating' and putting weight back on or just STS controls our lives. And does not one bit of good. It's taken me years to stay calm when I eat something in haste or because I just had to have it. I consider how much I'd eat in a 'normal' week - a lot! - and compare it to an exante week with a few slips. Huge difference. I'm not saying it's okay to nibble or cheat but I think we over-react and start to feel sick with guilt. That's when we are in the most danger of losing the wee bit of control we have. Even if you do binge - one night out of three or four weeks or longer? It won't make all that much difference to how long it takes for you to get to goal. For me, learning to forgive myself for not being perfect on any diet has helped. Even so there are times when I feel down and depressed and can't seem to stick to my plan. Happens to us all. So long as we pick ourselves up again the next day if possible and keep going we truly will get there x

Last edited:
Day 6

I stood on the scales this morning before leaving and I was down to 16st4lbs - 10lbs weightloss wooooohooooo. I came to my senses and didn't bring the scales in the end. So instead of Wednesday weigh-in that will have to be my first week weigh-in. Delighted with my progress.

So I'm away with work, I had a lemon bar for breakfast but I had to go out for lunch with French colleagues, in my head i'd hoped they'd just leave me to it and not bother me lol but realisitically that was never going to happen. I sooooo did not want to eat at all, sure I'm only getting going!! So I had some white fish and some courgettes, brocolli and carrots, no dressing no sauce and I ate about half of what was on the plate. I am surprised how full I am !

How much calories/carbs do you reckon I took in, or can anyone point me to a site where I can calculate?
Do you think there's much or any damage done?

If you keep your food simple and low carb - meat, fish, chicken etc with vegetables - I doubt you'll do much damage. In fact you may actually lose more weight! Enjoy your trip and avoid carbs and you should be fine.

Well done on the loss! Makes it all worthwhile x

Thanks for the support serialslimmer !

I can't wait to get into the 15st-something range like you. Another 5lbs to get there! And I know from reading the other girls diaries week 2 is tough and may not yield very much. So I'm ready for it to take another couple of weeks, even though I'm dying to get there.

Lunch will be the hardest this week, because I'm not going to tell them, so I may nibble my way through. Mornings and evenings will be fine, the guys I'm travelling with (not my French colleagues) know I don't plan eating all week lol I had to tell them, otherwise I'd be on three meals a day.

I just read through that Susie, exactly what I needed thanks for sharing x

I just read through that Susie, exactly what I needed thanks for sharing x

That's ok. I forgot to say well done on the loss, brilliant 1st week x

Day 7

Woohoo almost a full week complete, it feels like 2 weeks !
Orange chocolate bar for breakfast - yum
Hazelnut shake for lunch - had to down it, not my thing at all (and I've 9 more from my bundle, hazelnut muffiins I think lol).

Managed to dodge lunch :) and not look too loopy.
Think I'll try the coconut shake for dinner.

Well done Girl, you're really in the swing of it.

I had an orange choc bar for breakfast, too. And a porridge for late lunch. What will it be tonight? LOL. Either another bar (I love them) or perhaps a chocolate pudding. YUM-E.

I must say I feel 'peckish' today. I could really enjoy some food food. But no. I must resist.

Big day for us tomorrow! x

Serialslimmer I'll be dying to hear how you get on. I wish I could weigh in as well but not to worry. Ill be back in synch with you next Wednesday and many more after that!!!! We've a fair way to go.

You seem to be in your groove as well. I love the bars too and I plan having the porridge most mornings. I got porridge and the carbonara on the 2 boxes of 50 for £80.

I'm having thoughts during the day about food but more in a snack way. I find myself thinking hmmmmmm what will I have?, then I remember I'm on the diet. Doh.

Let me know how you get on x

I had a choc orange bar too early on. Now i'm having a porridge pancake type of thing. Very filling x

Last edited:
You are doing so well! I wanted to try the hazelnut shake, but given your experience - I don't think I will. The new exante products are really hit and miss; I haven't tried a new shake that I like. I usually stick to vanilla and banana.

Here is to the next week! x

I can't wait for the scales tomorrow. I don't expect a lot since I've lost a fair wee bit already during these early weeks but 3lb would suit nicely. 4lb or more would be just fantastic but I don't expect that as losses do slow during weeks 2 and 3 (generally). I'm well aware that temptation could strike at any time. However I am so happy to be losing weight that I want the buzz to last! I long to be slim again. Just keep going, no matter what!x

Sleek I like the banana too, but after doing lipotrim I can't go near vanilla strawberry or chocolate shakes because, I don't know if you know, but that's all they have on offer. Have a good week x

Serialslimmer I'm like you just absolutely loving losing weight and thinking about being thin. What ever the weekly loss it all adds to the end goal :)

I'd got to the stage - last Autumn in particular - where I was starting to think I'd never lose the regain. I was in bed with very painful sciatica; I could barely stand up far less walk. I couldn't exercise and my few serious attempts at dieting would fizzle out after a week or two. I got very down and sort of hopeless. Thankfully I began to get my mobility back a bit over Christmas and now I can stand up for five minutes and even walk for a few before being forced to grab a chair. Thank heavens.

I realised that the extra weight was slowing me down terribly in just about every area of life and I reminded myself of how much better I felt and how much happier I was when I was slim. Something must have clicked because I decided to low-carb immediately. About a week later I saw an ad for Exante and thought, right! Let's give it a real good go.

Any diet is what you make it but I'm relieved right now because I've lost enough weight to make me feel optimistic that I can and will lose lots more. I'm no perfect slimmer Ha Ha Lord no. I just do my best and I've learned not to chuck it all in over a small slip or two. Losing weight really does feel great! x

Back