Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

2lb loss today. Not the 3lb I'd hoped for but then again not a STS! This is my second week on Exante but my third restricting carbs, and very often that means no loss, so I am chuffed. Now I can proudly (LOL) alter the figures in the left-hand panel. I hope others are getting positive results today and for the rest of the dieting week. Even 1lb is great because your body is still using up your fat stores as energy. STS means you haven't eaten 'too much' and is a good indicator for longer-term maintenance x

Still on the path! x

Congrats iet buddy! You're well into the 15 ' now. Woohoo

Day 8

What a day.
I had to fly home from Paris because my husband was told by the doctor he needed to get to a&e with his tonsillitis. I literally booked the next flight out of Paris. Ive just dropped him to a&e and put the kids to bed (twin 2 year olds and an 5 year old). Omg crazy day.

Haven't drank nearly enough water. and I've hardly had time to think, and boy do I feel like ordering pizza or Chinese! He's in hospital at the moment waiting to be seen to. So I'm not worried, he's in the right place.

Time for me to catch my breath now!
Toffee nut and raisin bar for brekkie. That's my favourite of all the exante products.
Double chock bar in the airport. Almost like a brownie.
Not sure what to have for dinner.. Def not pizza or Chinese tho lol.

2lb loss today. Not the 3lb I'd hoped for but then again not a STS! This is my second week on Exante but my third restricting carbs, and very often that means no loss, so I am chuffed. Now I can proudly (LOL) alter the figures in the left-hand panel. I hope others are getting positive results today and for the rest of the dieting week. Even 1lb is great because your body is still using up your fat stores as energy. STS means you haven't eaten 'too much' and is a good indicator for longer-term maintenance x

Still on the path! x

Well done, that's a bag of sugar Serial slimmer :D

Oh dear, that's not good. Hope he gets sorted soon & recovers quickly.

Well done on not caving & getting Pizza. You would have kicked yourself tomorrow x

A bag of sugar! Yes indeed.

Girl - what a day. Particularly when you have three very young children. Your poor husband! Tonsillitis is one of those things that hit adults more severely than young 'uns. He is indeed in the right place so try not to fret too much x

Thanks for the support girls x

I just had my first spaghetti bolognaise pack and I loved it!

Hubby had been back to the doctor 3 times since before Christmas with his throat and he woke up yesterday with full blown tonsillitis again. He can't even talk. My cousin works in the local a&e and she's there at the moment. So she'll look after him. She said the ENT doctor is there at the moment as well.

Hope he recovers quickly. Tonsillitis is horrible; well done for getting through another successful day! x

Wishing your hubby better soon. Sounds nasty :( Well done you for resisting pizza/takeaway.

Day 9

Hi girls, thanks for all the support. Hubby got iv antibiotics blood tests tmi tonsils lanced euuugh and sent home with 2 lots of painkillers and 2 lots of antibiotics. He's been told if he doesn't start to improve to go back in. There's no improvement yet so he'll decide in the morning if he wants to go back in.

So back to me.. :)
No major events today thank god.
Raspberry bar for brekkie.
Raspberry and blueberry pancakes for lunch.
My favourite bar for dinner toffee nut and raisin.
Won't be buying the brekkie or lunch options again, I found the raspberry taste too fake or something I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it was.

Made the kids shepherd pie tonight, but strangely it's not the shepherd's pie I wanted I found myself craving a bit of cheese! I know it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm not even a big cheese eater. WTF lol I didn't give in.

I can really feel the weight loss now in my work clothes so I'm starting to see rewards. Excited to lose more weight!

Well done Girl. I've had a good day too. I agree that the raspberry and blueberry flavourings seem kinda 'chemical'. I wouldn't buy the pancakes again. The raspberry bar I just knew I'd dislike because of the texture and that odd flavouring.

We're getting into it now good and proper. Your poor hubby - tonsils lanced ewww! Still it has to be done. He must feel so poorly.

Well done - another TS day x

Day 10

Apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast
Orange Chocolate bar for lunch
Carbonara for dinner

I seem to be unconsciously avoiding shakes, damn you lipotrim, 7 years since I did it and there is no way in hell I will have a chocolate shake, told hubby he can have all of them from the pack.

Had my porridge incognito in work this morning and someone asked me what brand it was because it smelled so nice. I lied, and said special k because I would have eaten their apple and cinnamon porridge before this diet. Phew :) got away with that one.
I told one of the girls in the office about the diet, she must be able 20st herself so I thought she'd understand and she seemed to be encouraging me initially, not saying too much, but then she approached me and told me she was 'worried' about me and voiced her concerns about the diet...and losing weight too quick. I just said to her you should really read the website and you'd understand better. I think rather than supporting me she's worried she's going to be the only fat lump in the office if I slim down lol I feel a bit sorry for her after her saying that to me. I'll say no more to her about it.

Roll on WI Wednesday!!

I think you may well be right! Others - sometimes close friends - secretly worry that we will lose weight and look great whilst they will remain as they are, and they don't like the idea. They can't help it, they're insecure and maybe the envious type and also they hate being big. When they're not the only fatty it's a lot easier to bear.

You're doing great. I'm doing well, too. Thank heavens. We really will get there.

PS I don't do shakes, either! Well, very seldom x

Day 11

Lemon bar for breakfast - not my fave but I love lemon so it'll do nicely.
Vegetable soup (my first) - I like a lot ! Just like a cup-a-soup, a creamy veg one! I'll definitely order more of them and very handy in work.
Yet to decide on my 3rd of the day. I'm leaning towards gooey chocolate pudding, it is Saturday night after all :cool:

So I kinda feel like the lack of calories are making me do silly things. There's a few things, but one striking one is I strapped the kids in the car after their swim today and left my coffee on the roof, but didn't even realise until I got home, like 15km later! And then when I realised I went back out to the car to get it, thinking I had left it in the cup holder ! Doh ! I have no idea how long it was on the roof for, never saw it fall off, I hope not too long, I didn't notice any funny looks!. It was a real treat and I was really looking forward to it lol.

No food cravings today at all, I'm just dying to get to my WI on Wednesday. This week was TOTM, so I'm really hoping that I'm not too disappointed on Wednesday. Have any of you any experience of TOTM week, and how long it takes for the results to show on the scales after that?

Love reading other people's diaries and seeing their stats and I can't wait to get there, into the 15's 14's 13's 12's like other people and finally get to where I want. I'm in this for the long haul with no plan to stop at the moment.

Keep up the good work girls, we'll do it !

I've had a good day too. I can't wait for our next WI and to get into the 14s as soon as possible LOL. Just the wee things that keep you going. Supporting each other is great and it helps such a lot. I'm getting forgetful, too! And a bit daft. It has to be down to reduced food. Be prepared for mood swings too - you may suddenly feel very down for no obvious reason. Half an hour later after a pack and a nice cuppa you feel great again! x

Last edited:
I can't wait to get into the 15s! I would love it to be this week, but I'll say I'll miss it by a pound or so. I've had a sneaky midweek weigh in and I'm 16st 1lb at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised it that doesn't move before Wednesday. We'll wait and see :)

You could well make it into the 15s by Wednesday so fingers crossed. if not definitely the next week so you won't have long to wait xx

In a way this will we-won't we is fun. Keeps us guessing! Girl I can't wait for you to be in the 15s. Only just got there myself but it sounds and feels much thinner than being in the 16s LOL.

There's only a matter of pounds between us (athough I'm wee and dumpy compared to you!) and that makes it even more fun. I've never really done the 'diet buddy' thing before. I'm loving this.

PS Remember - we're not losing water now, we're losing fat! x

Last edited:
Back