If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Thanks Sweetie :) Not having a Starter/Dessert and not picking from my daughters plate were two huge victories for me! I'm sitting in the garden with a giant smile on my face :) x

You did really well. Just 10pp for a meal out?! Brilliant.

Picking is my problem too.
As I mentioned on the other thread, I went out for Thai for my best friend's birthday on Saturday and ended up eating 40pp worth of food.
Towards the end of the meal, I was getting full.
But then after a few minutes, it settled and I was just satisfied.
However, there was still food on my plate.
And I can't bear to see food go to waste, so I ended up eating it. And I was overfull, but I was a little uncomfortable.
The waitress cleared the table about 5 minutes after I finished. If she'd come to clear it whilst the noodles were still on my plate, I would've passed it over fine and left them. But because they were there, I ended up eating them.
Just hope that doesn't push up the scales this week. It shouldn't do. I had plenty of points to do it with.

But anyway, well done you, and really enjoying reading about your day to day life.
Keep up the good work!!! =D

Emma x

You did really well. Just 10pp for a meal out?! Brilliant.

Picking is my problem too.
As I mentioned on the other thread, I went out for Thai for my best friend's birthday on Saturday and ended up eating 40pp worth of food.
Towards the end of the meal, I was getting full.
But then after a few minutes, it settled and I was just satisfied.
However, there was still food on my plate.
And I can't bear to see food go to waste, so I ended up eating it. And I was overfull, but I was a little uncomfortable.
The waitress cleared the table about 5 minutes after I finished. If she'd come to clear it whilst the noodles were still on my plate, I would've passed it over fine and left them. But because they were there, I ended up eating them.
Just hope that doesn't push up the scales this week. It shouldn't do. I had plenty of points to do it with.

But anyway, well done you, and really enjoying reading about your day to day life.
Keep up the good work!!! =D

Emma x

Hey Emma, Thank you for your comments. I can't quite believe I'm over half way through my first week and I've not even been tempted by my Weeklies! I haven't even felt hungry, I think my biggest thing has been cracking the breakfast as a bad breakfast used to set me up for all day failure! X PS-I was making a roll earlier and a little bit of bread broke off, normally it would have gone straight in my gob but I just chucked it straight in the bin tonight! X

Yeah, get breakfast right and you've got a good start.
I tend to leave all my points towards the end of the day so that I can snack.
Every morning starts with 2 weetabix made with hot water & sweetner for just 3pp.
Then lunch will range from 6-10 points depending on the day.
Dinner is 6-9 points and then any left over goes towards snacking on ww cakes or ww desserts or biscuits - whatever fits in my leftovers.
Today I've got 9 points left so gonna grab a couple of higher points snacks.
Thinking the WW strawberry meringue ice cream. Or maybe the WW Caramel Crunch. Followed by a cake slice.

Yeah... I often do that with ham. I have to remember not to do it now because I'll have weighed out my ham to a certain pp allowance, and then the leftover bit when I've gone over too much I have to remember to put back in the packet and not in my mouth otherwise it'll tip into the next point haha. x

Yeah, get breakfast right and you've got a good start.
I tend to leave all my points towards the end of the day so that I can snack.
Every morning starts with 2 weetabix made with hot water & sweetner for just 3pp.
Then lunch will range from 6-10 points depending on the day.
Dinner is 6-9 points and then any left over goes towards snacking on ww cakes or ww desserts or biscuits - whatever fits in my leftovers.
Today I've got 9 points left so gonna grab a couple of higher points snacks.
Thinking the WW strawberry meringue ice cream. Or maybe the WW Caramel Crunch. Followed by a cake slice.

Yeah... I often do that with ham. I have to remember not to do it now because I'll have weighed out my ham to a certain pp allowance, and then the leftover bit when I've gone over too much I have to remember to put back in the packet and not in my mouth otherwise it'll tip into the next point haha. x

Your PP allocating sounds fab, you have it down to a fine art! I use 6pp on Breakfast, 6pp approx on lunch and the remaining 14pp on dinner, it sounds strange but I try to restrict my snacking as once I start I can't really stop! Sometimes ill have a Kit Kat or a pack of 2pp Crisps but I try not to most of the time. X

During the day I try and snack on fruit or an egg white because they're free.
But I have a bag of ww goodies (and some other bits and pieces I know the points of) and I rummage through the bag in the evening to make up my left over points. I know when to stop because I usually split up the remaining points in a way so that I can have 2 or 3 different snacky bits.

I will occasionally have a pointed snack during the day. Just depends on how I feel. But it will usually be low, because I try and make sure I've got enough points to last me through the day in case I get hungry.
I'd be absolutely screwed if I had a huge lunch and then left no points for dinner as I don't like using my weeklies.

is this ur food diary page serena or do you have another one ? x

During the day I try and snack on fruit or an egg white because they're free.
But I have a bag of ww goodies (and some other bits and pieces I know the points of) and I rummage through the bag in the evening to make up my left over points. I know when to stop because I usually split up the remaining points in a way so that I can have 2 or 3 different snacky bits.

I will occasionally have a pointed snack during the day. Just depends on how I feel. But it will usually be low, because I try and make sure I've got enough points to last me through the day in case I get hungry.
I'd be absolutely screwed if I had a huge lunch and then left no points for dinner as I don't like using my weeklies.

Do you lose even though you don't use your Weeklies? I haven't and don't plan to use any of mine this week, do u think that will hinder my loss? X

Thanks Sweetie :) Not having a Starter/Dessert and not picking from my daughters plate were two huge victories for me! I'm sitting in the garden with a giant smile on my face :) x
Aww so glad to read that, keep it up :) You can do it!
I find the positive experiences can be very motivating :)

Aww so glad to read that, keep it up :) You can do it!
I find the positive experiences can be very motivating :)

Thank You Sweetie. Finding this forum so useful too! X

Do you lose even though you don't use your Weeklies? I haven't and don't plan to use any of mine this week, do u think that will hinder my loss? X

Well I worried about that as well, but I've lost at every weigh in so far.
Although I do use a couple of weeklies each week. No more than about 3 though by eating the ww sweets.
I just take them out of my weeklies, because I eat them over the space of a week or so, and so I can't really pin them onto a specific day.

My cousin is also on WW and says she has bigger losses when she uses all her weeklies, and I suppose I did when I went to Wales. I went over my dailies and used some weeklies and lost 6lbs. Every other week has been 2/2.5lbs.
But I've looked into it and it depends on each individual. Some people lose when they use all their weeklies, some people gain by using them all. Others suit using a few and the rest are better eating none. It just depends what works for you.

I'm interested in finding out what number works for me. I'm curious to see if using more causes a bigger loss, but I don't want to risk getting the number wrong and putting on. So right now I know that using limited weeklies helps me lose around 2lbs and I'm happy with that.

Thank You Sweetie. Finding this forum so useful too! X
Oh I agre, the forum is great for motivation and keeping you on track. I really works well for me to talk with other WW'ers on here and to write down my food etc. Its like holding myself accounable on the next level haha.

Well I worried about that as well, but I've lost at every weigh in so far.
Although I do use a couple of weeklies each week. No more than about 3 though by eating the ww sweets.
I just take them out of my weeklies, because I eat them over the space of a week or so, and so I can't really pin them onto a specific day.

My cousin is also on WW and says she has bigger losses when she uses all her weeklies, and I suppose I did when I went to Wales. I went over my dailies and used some weeklies and lost 6lbs. Every other week has been 2/2.5lbs.
But I've looked into it and it depends on each individual. Some people lose when they use all their weeklies, some people gain by using them all. Others suit using a few and the rest are better eating none. It just depends what works for you.

I'm interested in finding out what number works for me. I'm curious to see if using more causes a bigger loss, but I don't want to risk getting the number wrong and putting on. So right now I know that using limited weeklies helps me lose around 2lbs and I'm happy with that.

I just don't want to use my Weeklies for the sake of eating them, I wouldn't eat normally if I wasn't hungry so I shouldn't do it now! I will have to see how I get on Friday, 1st WI and no Weeklies used! X

Oh I agre, the forum is great for motivation and keeping you on track. I really works well for me to talk with other WW'ers on here and to write down my food etc. Its like holding myself accounable on the next level haha.

I think I would feel worse if I did something wrong just because I would have to tell everyone on here LOL! X

I think I would feel worse if I did something wrong just because I would have to tell everyone on here LOL! X
Thats the thing, people are really nice here. They wont say oh Serena, what did you do now!!!???? They will tell you it is just one slip up, you shouldnt worry, get back on the horse etc. Everyone is so nice and that makes it so that I do not mind confessing my difficulties or blips. :)

Thats the thing, people are really nice here. They wont say oh Serena, what did you do now!!!???? They will tell you it is just one slip up, you shouldnt worry, get back on the horse etc. Everyone is so nice and that makes it so that I do not mind confessing my difficulties or blips. :)

Right Lostris, for that, I'm going to start nagging at you if/when you have a slip haha.

I understand what you mean, everyone does support each other instead of judging.
But I am accountable to quite a few people in real life, as well as everyone on here, so I find it motivation to keep on track.
I feel obliged to be honest as well.
Like I didn't have to tell anyone I had a 40pp thai meal at the weekend, but I did. Because everyone goes through similar struggles and it's nice to know you're not alone.

Good Morning Sweeties :) Welcome to Day 5 of my Diary :)

Firstly a massive Hello to my Subscribers who I know about @Sweet-Temptation, @Josiecat, @Ozlozz, @Helsbels1977, @Dan8317, @elfy1807, @Lostris and anyone else who might be subscribing but hasn't commented yet!

Week 1 has been fantastic so far, I have met some lovely people who have kept me motivated and focused all the way through. Everyone on here has such a different input that together we make one hell of a good team! I have made the decision to not use my Weeklies, I have not been in any situations where I have needed them nor do I want to eat them for the sake of it so this week I will not use them.

Today is my daughters first Sports Day at School, it's having to be done indoors after yesterday's torrential rain and then there is a picnic lunch and classroom activities. I know that the PTFA will be selling lots of nice cakes and biscuits to raise funds so I have planned and tracked what I will be eating today so I am not tempted to stray. I am taking a salad, small pot of low fat honey and mustard dressing, 2 babybel lights, a finger roll 'buttered' with garlic mayo and a tub of cut up melon. Total 'cost' 6pp!

6pp for all that?! Wow!
Sounds like a good lunch for barely any points.
I'm just about to go make my picnic for today. I can't say it will be anywhere close.
I'll be making 2 lots of sandwiches, which will cost 11pp on their own, then any snacks and bits and pieces I choose to include.
But this is going to be for all day as I don't know what time I'll be home.

You are doing so well so far. You'll definitely have a loss this week.
And if not, don't worry about it. I know I'd feel completely demotivated if I put in such hard work like you've been doing and gain.
It's only week 1. WW is about trial and error and we'll get you to a point where you're losing every week.

But anyway, that's just a worse case scenario. You'll definitely lose. Without a doubt!

Have a good day :D
Emma x

Ooh so might pinch your lunch idea. I agree that you shouldn't eat weeklies for the sake of it. I am hoping that as I progress on the plan, my stomach might shrink and I can half my weeklies. You are doing so well and I hope the sports day is fun, do they still have parents races :) I remember the mums and dads getting up at the end for a race. Hehe x

6pp for all that?! Wow!
Sounds like a good lunch for barely any points.
I'm just about to go make my picnic for today. I can't say it will be anywhere close.
I'll be making 2 lots of sandwiches, which will cost 11pp on their own, then any snacks and bits and pieces I choose to include.
But this is going to be for all day as I don't know what time I'll be home.

You are doing so well so far. You'll definitely have a loss this week.
And if not, don't worry about it. I know I'd feel completely demotivated if I put in such hard work like you've been doing and gain.
It's only week 1. WW is about trial and error and we'll get you to a point where you're losing every week.

But anyway, that's just a worse case scenario. You'll definitely lose. Without a doubt!

Have a good day :D
Emma x

Good Morning Emma :) I hope that you have a fab day in Chessington, just remember that even if your picnic 'costs' quite a few PP it won't be nearly as bad (or expensive!) as those naughty fast food huts! Looking forward to hearing about your day. X PS-I just want a loss on Friday, I don't care if its only 0.5lb I just need to know I'm going in the right direction! X

Ooh so might pinch your lunch idea. I agree that you shouldn't eat weeklies for the sake of it. I am hoping that as I progress on the plan, my stomach might shrink and I can half my weeklies. You are doing so well and I hope the sports day is fun, do they still have parents races :) I remember the mums and dads getting up at the end for a race. Hehe x

Good Morning Sweetie :) You're more than welcome to pinch my idea, tbh I would normally have had it with 5 Crackerbread instead of the roll as I don't like to eat bread twice in one day but they can be rather crumbly and I didn't want to look like I have a bad case of dandruff LOL! The Crackerbread makes it only a 5pp lunch too :) Its a perfectly balanced lunch too as it has Protein, Carbs, Fruit & Veg. I'm not sure about the parent races, best go dust off my running shoes in case (either that or my pointy elbows so I can get the other parents out the way! ) x

Back