Jade's Journey To The 8's

22/10/2014 - Extra Easy Day

After a lovely night on Saturday the naughty food seemed to spill over into this week... ooopppps! I am not weighing in this morning and I am making a fresh start as of today!

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (hexb) with 300ml skimmed milk (part hexa), 1 banana

Lunch - tomato speed soup (tinned chopped tomatoes, carrots, Heinz Reduced Salt & Sugar Baked Beans, 350ml chicken stock, 3 medium pickled onions)

Dinner - beef dinner (beef, baby potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)

Other - 75ml skimmed milk (remainder hexa) in cups of tea, 2 Cheese Strings (6), Cadbury Caramel Highlights hot chocolate (2)

Total Daily Syns - 8/10
Total Weekly Syns - 8/70

Last edited:
Didn't realise you had a new diary :) Here to subscribe! You can do it girl! xxxx

23/10/2014 - Extra Easy Day

Brrrrr winter is definitely on its way... it's so cold outside!

Breakfast - strawberries, 1 WW Vanilla yoghurt

Lunch - tomato speed soup (tinned chopped tomatoes, carrots, Heinz Reduced Salt & Sugar Baked Beans, 350ml chicken stock, 3 medium pickled onions), a few extra pickled onions

Dinner - 3 Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper (hexb) topped with 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Triangles (hexa) and 3 sliced hard boiled eggs, 1 banana

Other - 52g tube of Rolo's (11), milk in 2 cups of tea (1)

Total Daily Syns - 12/10
Total Weekly Syns - 20/70

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a lot of food today! Will it fill you up? I need a proper big dinner to survive lol good luck with the syn free day. I don't think I've ever had one if those!! Lol

That doesn't look like a lot of food today! Will it fill you up? I need a proper big dinner to survive lol good luck with the syn free day. I don't think I've ever had one if those!! Lol

This is a normal day for me when I'm not pigging out. Normally I would have a 'proper' dinner but it needs to be something quick tonight xxx

Im intrigued by your tomato speed soup Jade!! Never thought about putting beans in soup but guess it would add to it being filling. Do you blend it? Does it taste a little like tinned tomatoes?

I found the recipe online as I'm not keen on the normal speed soup. Here's the recipe...

Tomato Speed Soup

1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 carrots sliced and cooked (or you can use tinned)
1 tin baked beans
3 medium pickled onions
350ml chicken stock

Put everything in a pan and boil down for 10-15 minutes then blend with a hand blender :)

It was quite thick but I prefer my soup like that and plus it doubled as great weaning food for the little on x

I like thicker soup as well!! Watery soup feels a little pointless!

Good luck with weaning! Its a fun adventure! Reece quickly decided he hated being fed so we moved onto finger foods by 7-8 months! Unfortunately it means he now still resists using any cutlery!!

I like thicker soup as well!! Watery soup feels a little pointless! Good luck with weaning! Its a fun adventure! Reece quickly decided he hated being fed so we moved onto finger foods by 7-8 months! Unfortunately it means he now still resists using any cutlery!!
Thanks hun :) we are both starting to get to grips with it now. It's taken a while for me to overcome my fear of her choking of having an allergic reaction. What did Reece drink in his sippy cup? Emilia refuses water xxx

Reece struggled with constipation when we were weaning so the health visitor said to water down pure orange juice for the fibre- really REALLY mild. He still loves squash and juice but also now drinks water.
Just had to keep on top with brushing his teeth because of the natural sugars.

To be honest, water is tasteless so it's easy to see why a lot of babies don't want it after the richness of milk.

It's hard to get over the choking thing but all babies gag with new foods and textures- I got moaned at during a toddler group once because I didn't peel grapes!! Ive got better things to do with my time (like play with my baby!) And they never harmed him as long as I cut them up!!

And I still haven't tried Reece on nuts or shellfish (purposely anyway! Might be nut traces in some everyday food!) because allergies still worry me!

I'm struggling with my no syns day... I've not used any but all I want to do is eat chocolate. Having a cup of tea instead and have told the OH not to let me eat anything else for tonight!

Back