Jade's Journey To The 8's

Whoopsie... I've just eaten a packet of Rolo's (11 syns). It was my OH that offered them to me too haha. They were my treat for tomorrow night so it just means I've had them a day early. It does however mean a failed no syn day!

Tut tut Jade!! Im sure one bit of chocolate or a hot chocolate wont hurt!! Syns are there to be used! And I hope hubby isn't like mine and sat there scoffing in front of you! Ive had to retreat and have a bubble bath to get away from temptation!

He gave them to me! He can't take the blame completely though as it was me putting them in my mouth! xxx

Can anyone help with Nando's syns please? We are going tomorrow for dinner. I'll be having...

Mixed leaf salad with mango and lime chicken

I can't imagine it will be much as the salad has no dressing.

I found this online but you may wana double check the syns haven't changed (I forgot to pay for my online subscription renewal thingy so have lost syns online at the moment! Whoops!)
Ironically I had it bookmarked on my phone for Nandos emergencies (and considering having a nandos night soon!)

The chicken syns are WITHOUT SKIN.

Nandos:
Butterfly chicken - 3 1/2
1/4 chicken (thigh) - 7 1/2
1/4 chicken (breast) - 8 1/2
Chicken wings x 3 - 7
Spicy rice - 2 1/2
Corn on the cob - free
Side salad - free
coleslaw - 12
chips - 13
Mash - 20
Sauce - average 1 (per tbsp)

The sauce is the average as some (like the garlic peri peri) is 1/2syn per tbsp.

There is debate over the corn on the cob as some people say its coated in oil/ butter. I generally tend to add 2syns for a tsp of oil used in cooking when dining out.

Oh and the spicy rice is AMAZING!

Hope it helps.

I found this online but you may wana double check the syns haven't changed (I forgot to pay for my online subscription renewal thingy so have lost syns online at the moment! Whoops!) Ironically I had it bookmarked on my phone for Nandos emergencies (and considering having a nandos night soon!) The chicken syns are WITHOUT SKIN. Nandos: Butterfly chicken - 3 1/2 1/4 chicken (thigh) - 7 1/2 1/4 chicken (breast) - 8 1/2 Chicken wings x 3 - 7 Spicy rice - 2 1/2 Corn on the cob - free Side salad - free coleslaw - 12 chips - 13 Mash - 20 Sauce - average 1 (per tbsp) The sauce is the average as some (like the garlic peri peri) is 1/2syn per tbsp. There is debate over the corn on the cob as some people say its coated in oil/ butter. I generally tend to add 2syns for a tsp of oil used in cooking when dining out. Oh and the spicy rice is AMAZING! Hope it helps.

Thanks lovely :) I'm going to say 5 syns as the salad is all superfree and there's definitely not a whole chicken breast on there xxx

25/10/2014 - Green Day

So tired today! Emilia has had us up all night being generally whiney... I'm guessing it's her teeth, poor baby :-(

Breakfast - strawberries, 1 WW Vanilla yoghurt

Lunch - blue cheese and cherry tomato toasties (4 slices of small wholemeal toast (hexb x2), 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Triangles (hexa 1/2) and cherry tomatoes, 1 banana

Dinner - Batchelors Pasta n Sauce Cheese Leek & Ham (1) with Quorn Low Fat Sausages chopped and stirred through, 30g cheese (hexa 2/2)

Other - 170ml tub Yoomoo Chocolate Heaven (7), 45g tube Starburst Fave Reds (9), Splash of skimmed milk in 2 cups of tea (1)

Total Daily Syns - 18/10
Total Weekly Syns - 43/70

Last edited:
Poor Emilia :( Has she cut a tooth yet? Reece was 8 months before the first one cut but then they all decided to pop through in twos and threes!! He was miserable for a while :(

No teeth yet :-( it really does make them miserable doesn't it. She's been a fantastic sleeper since ten weeks but last night was bad! xxx

Awww poor Emilia! Hope you have a better night with her tonight....
Ooh Nandos, yum! Enjoy...not had Nandos in ages, hubby isn't a fan?!

X

Came to make lunch and realised I didn't have any Ryvita. Instead I had 4 slices of wholemeal toast (taken from 400g loaf - will make today a red day so I can have 2hexb) with 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese triangles and cherry tomatoes. Will change good diary accordingly!

So, we didn't get to Nando's this evening as the traffic was really bad. I had a pasta n sauce with quorn sausages mixed in. I've also had a few syns tonight... a tub of Yoomoo (7) and a packet of Starburst (9) :)

Awwww no, I hate when your looking forward to something and have to cancel! Sweeties and yoomoo sounds yum tho x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

25/10/2014 - Green Day

Today has been a bit of a weird good day to be honest as we have been out all day.

Lunch - 4 M&S biscuits (let's say 20 syns :-( )

Dinner - linguine with 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Triangles (hexa 1/2) and mixed peppers stirred through, a few baby potato roasties (baby potatoes, various herbs & spices)

Other - 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese triangles (hexa 2/2), splash of skimmed milk in cup of tea (0.5)

Total Daily Syns - 20.5/10
Total Weekly Syns - 63.5/70

Another write off last night... so disappointed with myself! Now we have Emilia we spend most Saturday evenings watching a movie and a few treats but my snacking always gets out of hand. I can stay on track during the week so I'm annoyed that I sabotage my loss on one night! I've decide I'm going to join a Saturday morning group from next week so I can allow myself a few treats on a Saturday and not feel guilty about it.

I feel your pain! We enjoy movies wine and treats on a Saturday! What did you do before Emilia?

And do you still manage to loose weight? Are you careful to keep within your syns or is it a blow out. Before we had Emilia we went out most weekends but i always stuck to low syn drinks and takeaway wasn't an issue for me x

I kind of blow out! Or if we are home I would make a low syn curry but masses of wine! Or we would just get takeout and drink loads of wine anyway! I used to lose weight but I had to work really hard in the week. Now I've stopped loosing and have no motivation! I think we are more social recently so more food and drink opportunities. I really need a kick up the bum!

Back