Jane's Diary

Thanks Emmaline. I'm away next week so it's going to be a little more difficult. Might try to buy ready made salad and Eat that in the hotel room. Bit boring for hubby but he can go and eat. It'll save money on expensive meals

There is a swimming pool too so I should get my lengths in. I will have no weighing for a whole week!!! Oh dear!

Total calories for four days 3,473 (868 per day). I will have about 500 tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday will be about 1,500 per day and that will bring my average to about 1,000 per day. A seven thousand calorie saving per week or 2lb loss.

Hip hip hooray! I've now lost 1 stone 1lb. I've now been on the fast diet (and sometimes intermittent fasting diet) for six weeks and two days. I've got 8.5 weeks until I go to India so it's looking good

I've had a really good fasting day. It really helps knowing I can have what I want tomorrow (within reason). I called at M&S to buy some ready meals for fasting days. I find that so much easier than cooking from scratch and they have loads of meals at about 300 to 320 calories. I add some veg for a few more calories and have a really nice meal. It also helps that I can cook them in the microwave in minutes because I'm usually starving!

Today I had a prawn salad at 80 cals, 100ml skimmed milk at 37 cals, a ready meal called fenugreek spiced chicken and roasted cauliflower at 320 cals, 150g Brussels at 64 cals and finally a low calorie jelly at 10 cals. Total 511 calories. I'm just about to have a black decaf coffee and that'll be me done.

Weighing will be interesting tomorrow.

I've just eaten two extra strong mints at ten each so calories for the day are 531. Total for the last five days 4,004, average 800 per day. Over the weekend I'm expecting to eat about 1,500 per day. This would bring my total to about 7,000 equal to 1,000 per day. That will be a 7,000 (2lb) saving on the week.

Another 1lb off so that's 1 stone 2lb now. I'm expecting a small increase over the weekend as yesterday was a fast day. I'm away next week so no daily weighing!

Today is an eating day.

I'm going to start dating my first post each day so that when I look back to see my weight it doesn't just say 1 week ago, 2 weeks ago, etc. I like to know exactly

So for my benefit the date is 12th October 2013 and I've lost 16lb in 6 weeks and 3 days.

Ps I think I'd been overeating for a couple of weeks before I started, hence the big initial loss. I've slowed down now.

I'm going to start dating my first post each day so that when I look back to see my weight it doesn't just say 1 week ago, 2 weeks ago, etc. I like to know exactly 

So for my benefit the date is 12th October 2013 and I've lost 16lb in 6 weeks and 3 days.

Ps I think I'd been overeating for a couple of weeks before I started, hence the big initial loss. I've slowed down now.

That's exactly why I date mine Jane.. plus the fact that I keep a written diary which I sometimes forget to fill in so I can reread what I have put on here and copy to my book.

P.S. Are we supposed to see something when clicking on the photo bucket link?

Hi Emmaline. The photo bucket link was a slimming world award. I could never get them to show! Maybe it's because I was using an ipad! I need to remove them.

I've been keeping a record of weight and food on myfitnesspal. It's good but I have to be careful as some of the calorie counts other people have put in are wildly out!

The data on the left, weight, bmi etc is slimming world stuff. Once I get below that weight I will start updating it again. Still a way to go! It's ridiculous how much money I spent at Sw whilst gaining weight!

I've had a lovely breakfast this morning. Mornflake oat bran porridge with raspberries and activia yogurt. My favourite breakfast.

I've decided to put data under my signature as you do Emmaline x

Calories today 1,479. Total for the last six days 5,483.

I really feel like picking today. I'm definitely not hungry but just feel like munching something like crisps, biscuits etc. it's ridiculous!! I've got some champagne truffles upstairs (christmas shopping) and would love to eat those but I don't want to undo all my efforts so I won't. Oh dear! Think I will be in bed soon.

All packed and ready to go. My weight was the same his morning as yesterday. Pleased with that as yesterday was an eating day. I've had a very late breakfast for a total of 383 calories. I will endeavour to have three fasting days but if I don't I won't be too concerned. I will just be glad really if I come back the same weight!

This is business for hubby and pleasure for me:).

I've eaten a few mints and added them to my calorie total. It'll be hard judging the food, I'd much rather weigh everything and know all the ingredients! I'm looking forward to dinner though. Only 60 miles to go. Hope the hotel is nice.

Enjoy the rest of your day Emmaline.

I've done me best to count calories. I had leek and potato soup followed by roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. I had a very small amount of cheese off hubby and ate five grapes and a little celery. I finished with black coffee. I thnk my total calories for the day are about 1,800. Even if I've under calculated I should still be ok.

I'm not sure where we will be eating tomorrow, I'm hoping here. I could have fillet steak and salad which would be under 500. I've brought some small satsumas with me so a couple of those during the day would keep me going! It'll be black coffee for breakfast.

Total cals for the week 7,283 or thereabouts. So that's, hopefully, a two pound loss.

7283 calories plus 140 equals 7423. The extra 140 being a pack of two biscuits which I just couldn't resist

Fasting today. Three extra strong mints and one coffee with a splash of semi skimmed milk plus a couple of black coffees. About 50 cals in total so far.

Total today 535. Smoked salmon, beetroot, muller light yogurt and a mini chocolate bar. Added to my mints and milk that's not a bad total. It's hard sitting in a hotel eating that though. I'd love to go to the restaurant and have a couple of glasses of wine. The weight loss will be worth it though

Normal eating tomorrow.

I'm soooo full. For some reason (probably greed) I ate about 900 during the day and have just worked out my fish and chips, apple pie and custard and wine plus the biscuits off the tea tray in the room come to another 1,600! So I've had 2,500 today. My tde (or whatever the letters are and I'm sure it's not what I've put) is 2,100 so I'm over by 400.

Yesterday was 535 so with today's that is 3,035 or roughly 1,500 per day. It'll even out as the week goes on.

Fasting tomorrow, thank goodness! I'm not used to eating so much. This is my first major blow out of the diet and I know it's probably not too bad but it is the first time I thought sod it! Lol.

Back