Jane's Diary

Hip hip hooray! I've finally got back to my 16lb loss plus a quarter pound more 

I know it will go up slightly as weekends are normal eating but I'm happy it's going the right way. I really would like to lose 7lb before I go away in just over 4 weeks. Hubby keeps telling me to wear a bikini but I'm not used to showing my body, much preferring the safety of a swimsuit .

Yay to getting there Jane. .. and 4 weeks will soon go whizzing by..hope that extra 7lb will go by then for you.

Am I right in thinking you are also going on holiday Emmaline? Where are you off to?

Well blow me down! I've lost 1 and 3/4 lb since yesterday and it didn't involve visiting the loo. I ate plenty too, about 1,550 calories. Total loss now since starting 3:4 stands at 18lb

Thanks Emmaline.

For those into grated cauliflower. I went into wilkinsons today and bought an electric whisk set. It's called a wilko hand blender set. It comes with: blender, plastic beaker, whisk and a chopping tool in a plastic bowl. All for 12 pound. I usually grate my cauliflower but did it in the chopper. It took seconds and was like ultra fine rice, perfect with my curry. Highly recommended.

Fasting today. So far I've had a Pukka Vanilla Chai tea. I love the flavour of the cinnamon.

I'm planning to go and do housework at my Dads today, in readiness for him going home. That'll keep me on the straight and narrow. I think he will be with me for another 7 to 10 days. He's 82 and is doing amazingly well with his new knee.

Just over 400 cals so far. Plenty of drinks with no milk. Haddock in breadcrumbs and mixed veg for tea. I've also had 10g of dark chocolate and am about to have a 40 calories drink.

I'm finished eating for the day. I've just had a weight watchers chocolate ice cream tub at 77 calories and my chocolate drink at 40. Total for the day 529. Might have a vanilla chai tea later but then again might just go to bed early

Busy day tomorrow. Taking dad to have his stitches out, the he has the chiropodist. We are out tomorrow night seeing The National at the Apollo in manchester and my brother is dad sitting. We are leaving at 5.30! It would have been a fantastic fasting day. Hubby is even busier. He has a meeting in London at lunch time, then back here and straight out. Hope his train isn't delayed.

I'm addicted to weighing . Could do with a weighing anonymous. But the good news for me is that I'd gone down again! A quarter of a pound off 20lb but to be on the safe side I'm calling it 19.5 lb. I've been in the doldrums not losing then all of a sudden I'm losing again. Woohoo

Eating today btw.

Fasting today and I was definitely a quarter of a pound lighter. A very small amount but it all adds up. I ate about 1,900 calories yesterday, part of which was about half a bottle of red wine. I love this way of eating.

I'm planning on having my blood sugar test next week, fingers crossed for an improvement.

I've had 517 calories. I found it difficult today, I really wanted to pick. I had to keep thinking that I can eat it tomorrow. I might have a liquirice tea before bed.

No change today and its an eating day. Those pombears I've just eaten were lovely. They are for the grandkids really

Last edited:
Another 1 lb down and I not too far from my slimming world lowest. I may just about make it for my Hols. I'm loving this diet and am pretty sure that I will continue with it unlike other diets. I think it's the fact there are no restrictions whatsoever and because I can have what I want I'm not bothered about eating it. The freedom is amazing.

Btw fasting today

Something odd! I bought rock cakes and biscuits for my dad (he's staying with us) and i have no urge to eat them at all. Very unusual. Normally I wouldn't dream of having stuff like that in the house.

I have had two satsumas and cups of fruit tea so far today. I think we are having fish in breadcrumbs for tea, plus veg. I'm determined to get to two stone loss by the time I go on holiday in mid December. This way of eating is fabulous

25 days until I go. I wonder what I will weigh? This is the first time in years that I really feel I will get slim. Not too slim though, I don't want to get wrinkly

I've been busy for a day or two. I've eaten normally over the weekend and had my Monday fast today. I've had 554 calories. I'm feeling hungry though so I'm off to bed now before I eat something I shouldn't. At least I can eat tomorrow

My dad has now gone home, not that I mind him being here but it is nice to have the house to ourselves.

According to loads of posters on the 5:2 facebook page you should not count calories on normal eating days but just don't eat rubbish. So, that's what I've done, with the end result I'm up 3lb. (Having said that it is a Monday and I don't fast over the weekend). I will record my weight tomorrow after today's fast to get an accurate weight.....I may only have gained two! I really think I'm one of those people who will always have to count calories, it's so easy to go over 1,800 calories a day which will gradually put me into weight gain territory.

At the rate I'm going I still won't be where I want to be when I go away on the 11th but I will persevere

Ended up eating 650 calories so a bit high for fast days! My sister in law brought some weightwatchers cakes and I ended up eating two at 78 each. What a waste of calories!! Weighing tomorrow.

Clearly, I'm not going to get to my 2 stone loss by the 11th December but if I can just get below 15 I will be happy. Just to be able to say 14 something would be great. I shall carry on regardless.

We are having lunch out today and even though I know I'm ungrateful, I really would rather eat at home. It is an eating day but I want to count calories anyway as not counting equals nil loss for me!! I think i will opt for steak and salad.

Back