Jane's Diary

A fasting day, although I don't feel much like it! Two black coffees so far.

Well I ended up having a good fasting day after all.........so far

I went to Boots this afternoon and did loads of Christmas shopping so that kept me occupied. I got back in at 7.00 and was ravenous! Fortunately, I'd prepared my veg earlier so a quick blast of that and an M&S ready meal and my dinner was ready. Before I went out I'd made shepherds pie for hubby and my dad and left written instructions so hubby would know how to heat it up! He's a typical man! It wasn't easy preparing that whilst I fasted!!

Total cals today 511. So that's 6714 over the last seven days. That's, hopefully, a good 2lb loss. It's hard weighing as after an eating day your weight can go up 2 or 3 lbs. I tend to weigh after a fast and count that. Fingers crossed for another loss in the morning.

A quick note: a friend and her husband called so I ended up having 120 calories more, a 40 cal chocolate drink plus a biscuit! Never-mind though as still good overall

Night night

Yesterday I had 1,381 calories and today 598. I'm a bit miffed as when I got on the scales this morning I was just a stone down on my original weight. I seem to be in the doldrums which is a little annoying considering i had under 7,000 calories last week! Hey ho onwards with the diet I go.

An eating day today. I've had 1,443 calories so far today and I might have a little more. I weighed this morning and hadn't altered which I find unbelievable given the calories I'm eating. I did drink two litres of liquid yesterday as I've decided I don't drink enough, so maybe it's that. My other thought was maybe I'm not eating enough on my eating days! I've decided to try and eat 1,500 on eating days and 500 on fasting days, roughly a total of 8,000 per week. I had just under 7,000 last week. Maybe it's just a bit of a plateau .

I ended up having 1,705 yesterday and I'm amazed to say had gone down 1/2lb this morning. Not much but at least something. I'm eating today, although just not had chance to yet! My brother called to help chivvy dad into the shower. Dads 82 and likes a good wash down rather than the shower. Anyway we got him in and he looks and feels much better.

I've eaten one bag of Special K cracker crisps, two coffees with skimmed milk and one low calorie chocolate drink. Not very healthy I know, but hoping to have my porridge soon!

I bought some sainsburys own low calorie chocolate drink at £1.50 to try and it's ok. The 40 cal highlites is over £3.50 a jar. I think the highlights it's marginally nicer but for the saving I'm sure I will get used to the sainsburys one. I must compare ingredients.

Btw when I went shopping yesterday I walked up and down the cake and bread aisle looking at what I could eat that wasnt too high in calories and nothing took my fancy, so I walked away! This is unheard of for me. Maybe it's the fact I can have it that I'm not bothered by it. Im sure you all know how you really crave something you can't have!

I really love this way of dieting.....even though I'm not losing as fast as I did at first

1,487 calories today and time for bed so no more to be eaten. I've decided to start taking magnesium citrate which is supposedly relaxing, helps with the loo!! and is good to take if you are hypothyroid. I will also be cutting back on the liquirice tea as my blood pressure has gone up a lot. I'm on two lots of blood pressure tabs following my heart attack (not that I ever had high blood pressure they just make it easier for my heart to work and pump the blood) and its normally about 95 ish over 50 ish. With the liquirice tea it had risen to 130 over about 85. Still not massively high but too high for me. Pity because I love the stuff.

I'm fasting today but really struggling!! I could eat a horse. I've had five 10 calorie extra strong mints to try and stave the hunger off. When I really think about it I'm not hungry I just have the munchies!

Evening meal was a curry from M&S at 340 cals plus 200g of cauliflower rice. I've got a few calories left in hand but really really really feel like some chocolate. Chocolate drink coming up!

Evening meal was a curry from M&S at 340 cals plus 200g of cauliflower rice. I've got a few calories left in hand but really really really feel like some chocolate. Chocolate drink coming up!

Well done on keeping going Jane.
I know what it's like to crave the chocolate.. I have often eaten a 240g bar straight off! :eek:

Hot choc drink is a good standby I have as well.
Hope that sorted you out! :D

Glad to see you are feeling better Emmaline. What really did me in was wrapping Christmas presents and I've bought five boxes of thorntons chocolates to add to gifts for friends. I looked at them and really just felt like ripping one open and eating them. It's hard to describe but my stomach is sort of knotted with longing for chocolate. I'm sooooo sad . It'll pass......I hope.

Good morning. I've had my breakfast and feel much better today. Today is an eating day . Thank goodness for that!

Oh my goodness! What rubbish I've eaten today! Enough said.

Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow.

Well I'd gone up a 1lb but that was to be expected. To be honest I'm amazed it wasn't more. Today I've been fasting and so far so good. I've had a couple of cinnamon teas which are very nice.....but not as nice as the liquorice.

So far 30 calories for three extra strong mints.

Just realised that its only four weeks and five days until my holiday. I was so hoping to wear a bikini but somehow I don't think that'll happen

Today I've had 479 calories. I'm very pleased with that. Tomorrow I plan on cooking a hotpot. I'd love to do a suet crust on top but daren't. Never mind the calories! Or the cholesterol!!

Just had a lovely hotpot for tea. Today I've not counted calories at all. I've been pretty careful and not eaten loads of rubbish so should be ok.

This morning I was a 1/4 of a pound off being back to my 16lb loss. I've been reading the 5:2 diet website and it says you should eat up to your tdee and mine is 1,922. What some people reckon is that if you don't eat that amount you won't lose weight, even fasting two days. Personally, I find that hard to believe! I will give it a go not calorie counting for a few days and fasting for three and see what happens. I will report back

I've gone up a pound which is to be expected after my hotpot last night. I'm fasting today and have had two cups of black masala chai so far.

I'm so cold today that I'm actually debating whether to get my ironing board out and iron to get me warm.

I saved some hotpot for dad's tea and my daughter sent round some tomato soup she had made, so that's lunch sorted too. I can have a no cooking day as hubby and I will have salad and smoked salmon tonight

Hip hip hooray! I've finally got back to my 16lb loss plus a quarter pound more

I know it will go up slightly as weekends are normal eating but I'm happy it's going the right way. I really would like to lose 7lb before I go away in just over 4 weeks. Hubby keeps telling me to wear a bikini but I'm not used to showing my body, much preferring the safety of a swimsuit .

Back