Katie Cupcake's attempt at slimming down!

Ooh no that doesn't sound like it's for me! That's the impression I had of it really. Although I do buy WW beans and yogurts which are both nice :)

it really suited me at 1st...i lost 8.5lbs the 1st week! but i see how now, if i went on it, i would be eating all the wrong things but thinking it was ok if it was within my points.
some days on sw, i'm eating loads and hungry, other days i'm ok...but it's taught me that we're eating totally different things so we process them differently.

losing weight is hard...it took me 17 days of being on sw to realise that for the 1st time in ages, i hadn't been consumed with thoughts of how hungry i was, what i wanted or what i wasn't "allowed" etc..instead i was busy thinking what i could make etc and that was a HUGE thing for me.
i honestly couldn't remember a day when i wasn't thinking what i could eat, where i could get it, was it bad, that i felt bad or guilty, was it good or not good etc...so many years wasting that energy!

everybody's different...i've tried a whole load of ways to lose weight but with this, i def get to eat and don't feel like i'm missing out the way i have before.

my weight loss prob averages out at 0.5lb a week...could be so much more if i exercised (booo...hisss! lol) but to be able to eat burgers and chips etc just by preparing them differently AND to lose weight is good enough for me ;)

food sounding yummy for today....i was thinking of getting some leeks to make leek and potato soup but couldn't get any at the weekend...must remember to try this week to make some of that for a change x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

losing weight is hard...it took me 17 days of being on sw to realise that for the 1st time in ages, i hadn't been consumed with thoughts of how hungry i was, what i wanted or what i wasn't "allowed" etc..instead i was busy thinking what i could make etc and that was a HUGE thing for me.
i honestly couldn't remember a day when i wasn't thinking what i could eat, where i could get it, was it bad, that i felt bad or guilty, was it good or not good etc...so many years wasting that energy!

Yeah that must have been exhausting! I must admit I spend a lot of time thinking about food on Slimming World, but it's in a positive way. I spend time planning the week's menus and food shopping and thinking what new recipes I can make, but I enjoy it and it's fun to be trying new recipes etc!

Yeah that must have been exhausting! I must admit I spend a lot of time thinking about food on Slimming World, but it's in a positive way. I spend time planning the week's menus and food shopping and thinking what new recipes I can make, but I enjoy it and it's fun to be trying new recipes etc!

yep, that's exactly what i was like...to go from once extreme to the next (when i realised) felt brill!

it's hard to keep food mixed up though and i think it's essential so we don't get bored!
i don't mind eating a lot of the same things tho...as long as i enjoy them...but after doing this for a year...i can see how people could easily participate in food abuse lol...but we just need to be sensible...plus it's what works for us all individually! i guess making a pizza from smash and not syning it HAS to be better than ordering a dominos lol x

PS - the leek and potato soup was lovely! I added a spoon of fat free yogurt once heated to give it a creamier texture. I'm going to try the SW version of Heinz tomato soup in the next week or so, so I'll let you know how that is.

Ooh I made it once a while back...was good! Only ate it as soon as it was made so not sure if it's as good frozen or the next day etc.

Have you had the sw BBQ sauce or tried the pulled pork?
It's good too but the sauce def needs to be eaten once made...1st time I made it, thought it was lovely but kept it for the day after, when we had it, it tasted so different...like one flavour had weakened but something else was too strong!
I guess it's all trial and error hehe x

Ooh I made it once a while back...was good! Only ate it as soon as it was made so not sure if it's as good frozen or the next day etc.

I've made it quite a few times and it's nice straight away and keeps for up to a week, but it's fine once it's been frozen too. I usually keep half fresh and freeze half for another week, otherwise I get bored of eating it all week!

I haven't tried the pulled pork as I'm veggie, but I'm a huge lover of BBQ sauce so I'd try making it if it's worth it - it'd be nice with quorn sausages or burgers for me. How many syns is it? x

i'm not keen on the pork itself...but my OH loves it!
the bbq sauce is nice though...it's syn free!
just google it (or there might be a thread somewhere here about it)

i've used it to make hunter's chicken...suppose it would work with quorn too and although it's not mcdonald's bbq sauce...it's as near as we'll get guilt free lol x

Sounds lovely, I do like BBQ sauce - even if it's just to dip chips into!

Today's food:

Breakfast: 35g oats (HEXB1) to make porridge, with lots of raspberries and blueberries. Had a banana a couple of hours later.

Lunch: Baked sweet potato with SW coleslaw and 20g light cheddar (half HEXA2), and snacking throughout the day on crudite, plums, an apricot, and 12 cashews (HEXB2).

Tea: I'm going to make the SW mushroom and tomato pasta tonight topped with 20g light cheddar (my other half HEXA2).

Snacks - depends how my MRI results go tonight lol! Might need a few syns to cheer me up if I get any bad news lol.

HANDY TIP ALERT!

Just in case anyone doesn't know, I found something really useful today. There is a drink awareness website (just google drink aware) who stock a sort of plastic beaker which has all different alcohol quantities marked on the side (for example 1 shot, 125ml wine etc etc). I had been finding it hard to estimate my drinks at home and ensure I was allocating the correct syns. I do have a pyrex jug but the thought of pouring my wine into there first didn't really appeal lol.

Anyway, the site says it costs 90p but when you actually go to buy it, you have £85 "store credit" as it's government run, so you can actually get it totally free, no postage to pay etc. :)

Going to order one of these.

I've been doing sw for a year but as from last week, I'm giving it a bash from home. Haven't been to class since beg dec mainly due to over indulging at Xmas doo's or birthdays lol, but couldn't ever stay at class so seemed a waste really :(
Gonna see how I go and re-join if I'm really struggling

Hi missk

I'm doing SW from home too. Have been tempted to go to class because of the free membership offer but I've decided that I'll stick with online and join a class if I start to struggle.

:)

The measuring beakers are great, can't believe they're free! Very useful.

I can only ever stay to 10 mins of class (which is usually just chatting anyway) so I may do it from home at some point in the future. Whilst I'm still quite new and need the structure, I'll keep going to weigh in but eventually I don't think it'll be worth the money.

Good luck this year Bev! :)

I've been doing sw for a year but as from last week, I'm giving it a bash from home. Haven't been to class since beg dec mainly due to over indulging at Xmas doo's or birthdays lol, but couldn't ever stay at class so seemed a waste really :(
Gonna see how I go and re-join if I'm really struggling

Hi missk

I'm doing SW from home too. Have been tempted to go to class because of the free membership offer but I've decided that I'll stick with online and join a class if I start to struggle.

:)

how have you been getting on?
to be honest, there's not much change for me other than saving £4.50 and getting to weigh myself in the morning rather than wait til 5.30 for class!
it's only my 2nd week of doing it myself so will wait and see.

in 10 weeks, i'd be able to go and stay to class so i think i'll use that time to see how i cope on my own...if i'm struggling then i'll rejoin but be able to stay and if not...then i'll keep doing what i have been for the last year but just weigh myself ;) x

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: WW yogurt with loads of blueberries and raspberries, and an apple (wanted a banana but none left!)

Lunch: Sandwich with 2 slices of wm bread (HEXB1), 3 light laughing cow triangles (half HEXA2), salad and mustard (1 syn). Snacking on plums, an apricot, a babybel light (other half HEXA2) and quavers (4.5 syns).

Tea: We're going to the cinema tonight and hubby wants to go to Yo Sushi while they have an offer on. I'm getting Edamame (free), pumpkin korroke (2.5), mustard tofu (2) and veg yakisoba (4.5) with a diet coke. I'll take a punnet of raspberries for the cinema.

Total syns - 14.5

Thank you!! :) Today's food:

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB1) with skimmed milk from HEXA1, banana, ww yogurt

Lunch: Couscous with tomatoes, salad and chopped up baby corn drizzled with balsamic and 45g of light mozarella (HEXA2), with crudite, fruit and 2 alpen lights for throughout the day.

Tea: I'm going out with my friend tonight to Frankie & Benny's - after studying the menu, I'm going for the penne arrabiata (tomato chilli sauce) and will syn for the oil it's cooked in (and any parmesan if included). If my friend wants a starter, I'll get an undressed house salad and corn on the cob without butter. The rest of my day's syns will be going on wine (not much unfortunately!)

oh i've wanted a F&B's for ages....i always get the chicken strips to start, the vegi burger for main and waffle for pudding...yum!
i so should've fitted that in when i was off plan...too many syns to even think about! lol

have fun! x

Well done on your loss, that's fantastic!! Hope u enjoy f&b's. Sometimes I'm glad I live in the sticks, not much temptation around here, apart from the bk, maccy dis and KFC at the end of my road!!

xx

Im just skulking back in to say I had a bad few days.... my M.E. has been really bad and I've been in a lot of pain over the weekend and yesterday. Ended up at the out of hours GP at 1:40am on Saturday night (/Sunday morning) and was off work sick yesterday. Not that any of that excuses going off plan but it happened!

To be fair, my meals were still on plan but I ended up eating chocolate on 3 separate days :(

Back