Lauras Diary of Incubating

TUESDAY 23/04/2013 - 5+6

TUESDAYS DAY OF SAVAGERY AND GREED

BREAKFAST
1 sm. bowl of granola and chrunchie nut cornflakes
Fat free milk
1 orange, 1 lemon and 1/2 grapefruit juiced
Mulitivit

LUNCH -(heres were it went wrong, left it too late and was starving, all eaten over about 2hours)
Homemade chunky veg, chicken and barley soup
3 x cadbury philadelphia snack packs :eek:
1/2 bag doritos
5 small crackers with bit of cadbury phila

DINNER
Homemade soup as per lunch
2 small seeded scones with butter

SNACK
Chrunchie nut cornflakes with fat free milk
Probably something else

WATER
3 x 500ml bottles water

EXERCISE
Didn't do anything structured, just loads and loads of laundry, baking, cooking and cleaning!

I'm so so tired. I think I did too much today, my pelvic area feels very kinda tight and my back is strained. I'm gonna get my DD into bed now, DS is already tucked up and I'm gonna sit and relax. I'll try not to eat any more rubbish but the way I'm feeling I don't like my chances lol. Tomorrow I'll be sure to eat every 3 hours and try and make it healthy as possible x

That's what I need to start doing - having smaller, more regular meals because if I get hungry these days I have to eat and it doesn't matter what it is, I'm like a ravenous animal lol!

Today I ate two cheese and quorn ham salad pittas, a cheese and pesto panini with chips and a massive bowl of quorn chicken stirfry so I'm as bad if not worse haha! No nausea though as I was stuffed full which is brill :D x

That's what I need to start doing - having smaller, more regular meals because if I get hungry these days I have to eat and it doesn't matter what it is, I'm like a ravenous animal lol!

Today I ate two cheese and quorn ham salad pittas, a cheese and pesto panini with chips and a massive bowl of quorn chicken stirfry so I'm as bad if not worse haha! No nausea though as I was stuffed full which is brill :D x

Aww no you weren't too bad. Its trying to get enough in that your not sick thats important.

Aww no you weren't too bad. Its trying to get enough in that your not sick thats important.

That's my bit of learning from today - gotta eat til I'm stuffed! Which is hard cos I'd trained myself into having slightly smaller portions but that's going out the window now ;)

Hope you're having a nice evening! xxx

That's my bit of learning from today - gotta eat til I'm stuffed! Which is hard cos I'd trained myself into having slightly smaller portions but that's going out the window now ;)

Hope you're having a nice evening! xxx

Yip kids are in bed, I've my pjs on, feet up and I'm just watching tv. Know what you mean about food, I spent ages losing my weight then training myself to maintain, now I just cannot eat enough!

Todays lesson, cereal doesn't do it for me. I'm hungry already and I just had breakie shortly after 8a.m. Its 10.10a.m now!! Must get up a wee bit earlier and make proper breakie. I need to eat first thing or I feel sick, I used to be able to wait till after I had my daughter at school.

I did get up early this morning but I had a very dicky tummy and had very bad diarrhea (sorry tmi) so time got away from me, got showered then kids up dressed fed and DD off to school. I've a seeded spelt soda bread in the oven and then I've to go to town for the mother in law.

Hope everyone has a great day xx

Oh God.. I couldn't eat at that hour.. By 10, I'd have just woke up and feel starved!! Tho its what you're used to isn't it?! Could you maybe have a banana or slice of toast then, then have yer brekkie a little later maybe??

Todays lesson, cereal doesn't do it for me. I'm hungry already and I just had breakie shortly after 8a.m. Its 10.10a.m now!! Must get up a wee bit earlier and make proper breakie. I need to eat first thing or I feel sick, I used to be able to wait till after I had my daughter at school.

I did get up early this morning but I had a very dicky tummy and had very bad diarrhea (sorry tmi) so time got away from me, got showered then kids up dressed fed and DD off to school. I've a seeded spelt soda bread in the oven and then I've to go to town for the mother in law.

I just read Francis's thread about her chocolate bran flakes. I'd love to be into cereal but like you I'm starving an hour after any cereal. I'm ok with porridge but have to have loads of stewed fruit in it and that seems to bulk it out for me but cereal I'm rubbish with and it's a shame coz there's such a variety. :(

Can u keep some biscuits next to your bed and nibble as soon as you open your eyes? I do mean as soon too. Give it a go.

Someone recommended to me that I try porridge as I'm having similar issues. Ended up eating my breakfast and lunch for breakfast and buying a second lunch lol! x

Someone recommended to me that I try porridge as I'm having similar issues. Ended up eating my breakfast and lunch for breakfast and buying a second lunch lol! x

I cannot even think about porridge ugh....I used to have crackers beside the bed with my daughter, so I might go back to that Tracy. I'm just so tired the W-H-O-L-E time!!!! I'm hoping its just part of the first trimester. Have loads of waves of nausea today, I seem to be eating every 2hrs to keep it from getting over whelming.

WEDNESDAY 24/04/2013 - 6 WEEKS

What a day. I am just wrecked, I cannot waken myself up, I've tried walking, fresh air, good food, bad food, hubby even sent me to bed when he got in, I slept for 2 hours solid and still woke up wrecked. I'm going back to bed soon. I hope this phase goes quickly, didn't have this level of tiredness with my other 2.

Food day was okay

Breakfast @8
Chrunchie nut cornflakes and fat free milk

Brunch @ 11
Bagel, ex.light philla and turkey bacon

Lunch @ 1.30
Homemade chicken, barley and veg soup with homemade seeded spelt soda bread

Dinner @ 5.30
Hubby got take away so burger and chip

Snack
Nothing yet but probably a yoghurt and fruit

Fluid
1 x 500ml water
1 x 500ml diet club orange

Hope everyone is well and had a good day xx

God love ya hon. Hopefully it'll pass and you'll feel more energetic soon!!
Mm burger and chip nom nom xx

THURSDAY - 25/04/2013 - 6+1

THURSDAYS FOOD DIARY

BREAKFAST
2 slices seeded spelt soda bread with butter
Rhubarb Activia yoghurt
Multivit

LUNCH - out
Southern spiced chicken wrap and chips

DINNER
Homemade fish pie (cod, smoked haddock, salmon, prawns, celery, onion, leek, fish stock cube, fat free milk and 10g cornflour)
Mash potato (no butter or milk)

SNACKS
1 belvita breakfast biscuit (the one with live yoghurt in the middle)

DRINKS
1 x 500ml bottle water
1 x 500ml bottle diet club lemon
1 x 300ml glass water

EXERCISE
40min walk

Not sure how I feel today! I know my food is still not great but I'll keep trying to get better. I'm very bloated!

Have a busy day tomorrow, need to bring MIL to the hospital for tests.

The nausea over the last few days has been overwhelming abit. I've been trying to find something to eat that'll make me feel better. Nothing seems to work, but I am keeping everything down which is good. Have toilet problems too SORRY. Need to force in more fruit

28/04/2013 - SUNDAY - 6+4

SUNDAYS FOOD DIARY

BREAKFAST - HUBBY MADE
Sausage sandwich - white bread, no butter
Decaff coffee

SNACK
Multivit
Maltesers bar

LUNCH
Stuffed omlette - 6 eggs, ham, mushrooms, 1/2 courgette, tomatoes and onion, cheese, 2tsp rapeseed oil - ate about 1/4 for me :D
Spagetti shapes - 2 tbsp.

SNACK
4 Mc Viteas chocolate chip cookies

*DINNER
60g spelt wholegrain pasta
1/2 courgette, 1/2 onion, 3 asparagus, 1/4 red pepper and 1tsp coconut oil griddled
Dolmio carbonara stir in sauce (I know I know)

SNACK
Activia rhubarb yoghurt
Apple
Glass fizzy water with lemon juice

Feeling very nauseous today all day, feel a wee bit better after each meal for about 20mins. Hard to decide what to eat too because I just don't seem to fancy anything. The bloating is very uncomfortable too, didn't have that with either of my other pregnancies, at times it feels like how I felt when I was very pregnant. Finding it hard to hid when out and about. I was getting to the stage in my diet and exercise where my tummy wasn't very big and people were commenting, now I catch people glimpsing at it, probably thinking I've gone off track. I've taken to wearing day dresses, leggings and loose scarves. Don't know how I'm gonna last till 12 weeks without telling anyone eeekkk

EDIT
* So had dinner at 7.30p.m, the horrible nausea left me for a little while so I cooked as quick as I could before it came back. I don't seem to be able to look at any raw meats, veg that is in anyway a little funny looking is causing problems too. I get so hungry and I can't stomach anything. Think I'm gonna go to M&S tomorrow and get some handy foods, we've eaten alot of take-aways this weekend, that can't go on!!

Last edited:
Aw congrats honey. delighted for you. Hope you feel bit better soon and not so tired. xx

Back