Malibu25x weight loss diary :)

wow im a changed person.... been studying hard all day in my room & now my head is mashed... only break i had was to walk dogs & have my lunch.... so come 6pm i was ready & motivated to go straight the gym.... but mam comes in saying shes too tired & with no car & it being quite a distance means i cant get there :( i feel gutted!!! never in a million years could i imagined myself saying i feel gutted that i cant make it to the gym :O i used to feel relieved when mam said lets give it a miss!!!....

anyways stuck to cals today (luckily!!) & havent eaten past 5pm so hopefully thatl make up for lack of cal burning! might aswell just carry on studying now then.... seeing as the next year of my life depends on a 30 min exam on fri i only have tonight & tommorrow to get everything right in my head! i feel so stressed atm :( but im glad im finding exercise as way to relieve that rather than comfort eating! i never did get why ppl became addicted to exercise/going the gym but now ive felt the benefits i can def see why! must be true about the 'endophenes' after all! lol... my origanal thought of post exam destress consisted of lots of alcohol then calroific food to soak it up.... now what id like to do is go swimming & just not stop untill the exam is off my mind LOL am i going crazy???

Def not going crazy hun, when I get in the right frame of mind and go to the gym a lot I start to feel guilty on days I don't go aswel. like today for instance. Wish I'd got up early n went.
It makes y feel good when u start to see the difference exercise makes to ur body!

Good luck with the exam hun, I'm sure you'll do great xx

i think its more the calories for me... seeing 600 cals dissapear in an hour whilst watching telly is awesome lol & then the swim helps me relax & clear my mind!.... i cant really see my body changing that much atm at my size however when i get smaller im gona cheat & buy them slender tones ;P

i just feel good knowing im doing everything i can to reach goal.. if i want to get to a healthy weight for x-mas id need to loose 3.5lb a week so i have no time to sit back... defo investing in an exercise bike as there good 1's for just £100 at argos :) i think even if i had an extra stone on me at x-mas (although i still will have done amazing!!) i just still wouldnt feel right & would be going into 2014 still obsessing with dieting & that thought fills me with dread! however finally reaching a healthy weight for 1st time since i was probs born (LOL) fills me with excitement so im literally not giving myself a choice this time it HAS to be done!

thanks hun im gona need all the luck i can get.. half my class failed (25 ppl) as u need 100% to pass & even the littlest mistake can result in a fail then cant go into year 3 :S will def be on hear for a rant afterwoods lol after my mammoth swim (haha- thats if i go & dont decide to go with origanal idea of drowing myself in cocktails) x

Chick you're doing so well! Studying and dieting - I thought that was an impossible combination! So you're doing soooo well and it's amazing that you're so into the gym, it helps sooo much! You're kicking ass - well done!

Saruk88 said:
Chick you're doing so well! Studying and dieting - I thought that was an impossible combination! So you're doing soooo well and it's amazing that you're so into the gym, it helps sooo much! You're kicking ass - well done!

thanks so much :) the encouragement means alot! Im actually looking foward to getting back to uni & getting into a proper routine & it being up to me when i do/dont go the gym! just hope i dont slip back into old habits & munch my way through chocolate treats just to get me through the day or that essay or assesment etc! lol have a feeling melon will become my best friend! x

so today ive woke up feeling like death :'( ive had a minor sore throat/head cold lingering last couple days but not been too bad but then last night it came in full force... head felt like it was to explode & coughing/sneezing all night! to top it off i had a nightmare that my alarm didnt go off tomorrow morning & i missed my slot time to do my resit tommorrow so was instant fail.... thats me not going to sleep tonight!! lol

was same weight as yest on scales today, bit dissapointed as was super good on cals yest & went to bed hungry! however with daily weighing ive noticed they only tend to go down day after gym days! def wont be going today too much studying to do & although i wanted to go swimming tomoz after exam if i feel like this still then il be giving that a miss also! hopefully il this will be out my system & ill feel better by sat so wknd il make up for lost time & smash it at gym!

plan for today ive had my brek, will study til lunch then walk the dogs! then have a nice lunch when i get back, then prepare all my stuff ready for tommorrow & pack my case! get train to manc as staying at my student flat tonight & will take a ww ready meal for dinner! then a huge tub of prepared melon to see me through the night as doubt il be getting much sleep tonight! Being back at my student flat will be a test for me as i live right next door to a spar, pizza shop, greggs, chinese & bargain booze! i dont think ill cave though as apart from desperatly wanting to loose weight, i also blame alot of my debt on my previous greggs addiction!.... when i was in placement id buy a sandwhich most days to take in for lunch & a sausage roll for good measure! ridiculous when i look back when thats the past & i tend to leave it there! anyways have a fab day everyone xxxxxxxx

so was really good up til last night when exam nerves got the better of me & i had like a mini binge :( bearly slept last night so am shatterd! only had a sandwhich so far today but am not counting cals today as im so stressed that its the last thing i could care about right now!

so my resit was awful... nearly everything that could of gone wrong did... including me picking my worst option yet again + the equipment stop working half way through so had to reboot the system :\ plus through nerves/rushing i think i made a little mistake that could potentially fail me :( i dont get results untill next week so all i can do is wait now! am currently at hairdressers as desperatlely needed cheering up will go on sunbed aswell as think loads better with abit of colour!

regarding diet... tonight will defo involve malibu & was gona go out 4 a meal but cant be bothered think a dvd night is in order, then 2moro & sat will be good on cals & go gym & hopefully the scales arent too harsh! still got my head cold but will be going gym tommorrow regardless as barely been this week! hope everyone is having a better day than me xxxx

hey everyone thought it was time for an update, so thurs & fri was epic fail cals wise but couldnt of cared less with exam stress... then sat i did ok actually & went gym 40 mins bike & walked dogs! sun (yest) wasnt too bad but wasnt great either, didnt count cals just had what i wanted but didnt go overboard!

so weighed in this morn at 15.10.4lb... so 1lb up from when it went downhill on thurs (ill take that, as def could of been worse!!) & still a net 1lb down from last week.... however i dont have time for all this messing about & low losses!!

this week is going to be a challenging 1 for me (& next if i pass my resit) as i get my exam result so either way food & drinks are going to be unavoidable! official result day is thurs but weve been told they might be released sooner (so thats me going to be an anxious wreck for the next few days!!)... if i pass (please god- lol) then will defo be having treats on the night including cocktails then this wknd have planned to go out with friends in manc on fri night & might go out sat night with uni lot to celebrate aswell.... also will be going out for a meal at at some point! then next week will be freshers week so lots of alcohol (wont go mad as dont want a week of hangover food to add to it).... im meant to be starting back on uni on mon but my life is hanging in the balance atm.... dont no if next week il be getting ready for uni or on my way to the job centre :\ paha!

so my plan for damage control over next 2 weeks is to use my left over slim & save products on any meal i can starting today! this is to keep my cals as low as poss whilst still getting all my vits & minerals etc (not planning on getting into ketosis) guess itl be simular to the 5:2 diet except not in them proportions... over 2 weeks it may turn out 7:7 possibly! cant really put a num on how much i expect to loose as it completely depends on my circumstances including results, alcohol control- ie stopping when typsy- avoiding hangover next day & crap food that goes with it, my choices when eating out & on treat day & how much exercise i do- (doubt will be going gym much this week with mam at placement, as its crazy tiring)...i plan on making good choices though so all being well a net of 6lb would be fab! but will just take each day as it comes & hope for the best :) hope everyones well xxxxx

Hey Malibu! Best of luck with your results - let us know! I always found that whenever I felt I did terrible I actually did well and vice versa! Funny how it goes.

ahhh, yeah I'm doing exactly the same as you ... I'm trying to be extra good when I can to make up for meals out and stuff. The thing is I don't want to completely upheave my social life - it's all about moderation and, in our case, a balancing act!

how are you feeling now? Any better? I hope so! :)

Hey Malibu! Best of luck with your results - let us know! I always found that whenever I felt I did terrible I actually did well and vice versa! Funny how it goes.

ahhh, yeah I'm doing exactly the same as you ... I'm trying to be extra good when I can to make up for meals out and stuff. The thing is I don't want to completely upheave my social life - it's all about moderation and, in our case, a balancing act!

how are you feeling now? Any better? I hope so! :)

thanks hun! yer defo dont want to give up my social life & thats why ive ditched ketogenic diets for now as will put me off going out & i need to live & enjoy my life or else il give up altogether & scales will go up & not down lol just hope i still loose something by being good when i can as tight scheduel to get anywere close to goal for x-mas but i no once freshers is out the way i can 100% focus on good losses every week as will just be the odd meal out/night out so wont cause too much damage!

ive been full on ill for a week sore throat with cough, head cold & migraine... with the worst of it day 3/4/5 of the bug but thankfully its 99% out my system now... just in time for dentist tommorrow as got to have 2 fillings & would of had to rescheduel otherwise! thanks for asking hun :)

how u getting on?? will catch up on your diary tommorrow as bed time for me now xxx

Yeah exactly - the thing with ketogenic diets is that it's not a lifestyle change and that's what I really want. And what I'm doing now I know I can stick to, so if I can lose weight while doing in then greaaaaat!

Oh god that sounds horrid, really glad you're on the mend.

yeah I'm doing okay, trying to lose slowly and steadily, but my weigh in isnt until Friday. I'm feeling better in myself though already and positive about the whole weightloss thing! So that's good :)

Good luck hun, hope u got the results u wanted xx

Yeah exactly - the thing with ketogenic diets is that it's not a lifestyle change and that's what I really want. And what I'm doing now I know I can stick to, so if I can lose weight while doing in then greaaaaat!

Oh god that sounds horrid, really glad you're on the mend.

yeah I'm doing okay, trying to lose slowly and steadily, but my weigh in isnt until Friday. I'm feeling better in myself though already and positive about the whole weightloss thing! So that's good :)

thats good hun :) let me no how u get on xx

thanks so much hun... results are released at 3pm! i feel sick this is pure torture!!! haha will let u no :) have a good day xx

Aww bless u. Fingers crossed for u then hun xx

ok so this is a very short & sweet msg but had to let u no..... i PASSED!!!!! i cant even express my relief or how happy i am that i will be returning for my final year of uni on mon! the last 2 months of stress has been horrendous but ive managed to loose a stone & half in that time & when i go out to celebrate with my friends tomnorrow night i will feel a whole lot better for it!!!

now i no i can achieve anything & this weight WILL be gone! no doubt i will burst out into tears when i see my goal weight on them scales just as i have done by seeing that result pass....

things could have been a whole lot different but im so glad i made it thank god! off for a swim now as have no idea how else to get rid of this nervous energy/anxiety thats built up for last 2 months! will put my mp3 in & take it out on the water then home for an epic amount of malibu cocktails & pizza with home made chips!!! lol xxx

ok so this is a very short & sweet msg but had to let u no..... i PASSED!!!!! i cant even express my relief or how happy i am that i will be returning for my final year of uni on mon! the last 2 months of stress has been horrendous but ive managed to loose a stone & half in that time & when i go out to celebrate with my friends tomnorrow night i will feel a whole lot better for it!!!

now i no i can achieve anything & this weight WILL be gone! no doubt i will burst out into tears when i see my goal weight on them scales just as i have done by seeing that result pass....

things could have been a whole lot different but im so glad i made it thank god! off for a swim now as have no idea how else to get rid of this nervous energy/anxiety thats built up for last 2 months! will put my mp3 in & take it out on the water then home for an epic amount of malibu cocktails & pizza with home made chips!!! lol xxx

Oh wow that's brilliant!!! Congratulations u clever thing!! I bet you just took a big sigh of relief!! made up for u.

As for the weight, you've done fab so far n to say you've had so much on ur plate u haven't let it stop u losing weight. Now the dreaded results are out the way u can concentrate on getting to goal. U must have a smile like a Cheshire Cat :) xxx

WELL DONE!!! That's sooooo good - yes, make sure you celebrate! Congrats mate - you KILLED it! And the weightloss! Woooooooooop x

thanks girls means sooo much :) yes im sooooo happy! honestly ive had a knot in my tummy for the past 2 months & a cloud hanging over me, now i feel stress free ready to take on the world... untill my next exam/dissertation that is :p lol just kidding!

so i want for a swim & must of looked like a crazy person & having a fight with the water punching & kicking away (in an exercise looking fashion ofcourse) haha but realistically i was trying to get this frustration out :) now i feel fab!!! had my couple slices of oven pizza & home made chips & now totally chillaxing with cocktails! think tonight will be the best sleep il have in long time! mam got me a box of celebrations & a card... ive had 2 but honestly couldnt care less about having anymore.... such a good feeling being able to take it or leave it rather than feeling a compulsion to eat the whole box in an hour paha! xxxxxx

Yay, well done Malibu... clever lady!!! Xxx

Back