Ms Shibt's Time to Try a Little Harder

msshibt

First day! I'm using up bad stuff but I'm doing it in moderation and using Syns (if I'm going wrong please say!!).

ThursdayBreakfast.gif

Food
HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk
6 Syns - Honey Hoops (30g)
2 Bananas​

Drinks
500ml Orange & Mango Squash (Free)

Syn Total: 6

6 Syns so far! I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner or lunch, I'm still getting my head around the free and super free food thingy!

Last edited:
Thursday-Lunch.gif

Food
HEXB 2 Slices of Wholemeal Hovis Small Loaf
Half a tin of Tuna
Half Tbsp Mayo - 2 1/2 Syns
Half Tbsp Tomato Sauce - 1/2 Syn
Carrot and Cucumber Sticks
Grapes​
Drinks
500ml Orange & Mango Squash (Free)

Syn Total: 3

I went for a mammoth walk with the little man this morning so was absolutely famished by the time I got home! Have planned spiced pumpkin soup with crispy bacon and a toasted wholemeal roll for dinner. Having only used 9 Syns out of my 20 I might even butter my roll!!

Feel much more awake and with it now!

Thurday-Dinner.gif
Food
2 Roasted Chicken legs (Skin Removed)
Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Bacon (Made Syn Free - Pumpkin, Leeks, Carrots & Onion with Bacon and a Pork steak fat removed and dry fried)
2 Slices of Wholemeal Hovis Small Loaf - 6 Syns
Light smear of butter - 3 Syns
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Fruit Salad - Apple, Melon & Mango
Drinks
2x 500ml Orange & Mango Squash (Free)

Syn Total: 9

The Days Syns: 18/20

Needed a snack between Lunch and Dinner as I at a late hospital appointment, I don't think I did two bad on my first day. I also managed to give started on my Body Magic Bronze challenge doing about an hour and 10's worth of nice fast walking with the little one in his buggy. My dearly beloved made the soup last night lacked a bit in flavour but he didn't tast as he went (oh dear)!!

Friday-Breakfast.gif
Food
1/2 HEXB 1 Slice of Hovis Wholemeal
2 Poached Eggs
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Drinks
500ml Water

Syn Total: 0

I have planned more pumpkin soup for lunch with the last of my HEXB and the last of the fruit salad with some grapes or seafood sticks as snacks. I feel much more organised, as I really don't want to slip up - I have to stick to it and make a change for my sake!

My consultant said I had 20 Syns per day and as I lost weight they would reduced over time. I feel a bit in the dark, I was pretty much given the book had the basics explained at that was it.

Do you have access to the SW site? I would definitely check there, if your consultant is telling you 20 and your only allowed 15 it could possibly account for no losses in the future

Im sure your consultant has advised wisely hun - id just never heard it in my class. Seems Spikey hadnt either. Good Luck on your journey

Friday-Lunch.gif

Food
1/2 HEXB 1 Slices of Wholemeal Hovis Small Loaf
Pumpkin Soup
2 Roast Chicken Wings (Skin removed)
Grapes​
Drinks
500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (Free)

Im sure your consultant has advised wisely hun - id just never heard it in my class. Seems Spikey hadnt either. Good Luck on your journey

Sorry, I'm so nervous about getting this right. Don't mean to sound like I'm being aggressive. My other half lost so 6st in as many months following SW EE and I just want to get it right!

You don't sound aggressive at all hun - id just never heard of having 20. Well done to your OH too that's fab. Let us know how you get on :)

Friday-Dinner.gif

Food
Cucumber Sticks
Lamb & Bean Stew - FREE (Fat removed from lamb - Tomatoes, Onion, Chickpeas & Butterbeans)
New Potatoes
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
4x Seafood Sticks​
Drinks
2x 500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (Free)
250ml Tea with Milk & Sweetener (HEXA)
100ml Milk

The Days Syns: 0/20

No Syns today didn't really fancy anything, the cupboards are looking a bit bare so I was just grabbing stuff and bunging it together. Also noticed that I'm only having half my HEXA allowance if I have cereal so I finished it off last night, I'm a bit of a milk fiend so I'm a bit worried that if I start drinking/using milk I'll just finish the carton so I've been measuring it out and setting it aside.

Saturday-Breakfast.gif

Food
HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk
8 Syns - Honey Hoops (40g)
2 Bananas
Drinks
500ml Water

Syn Total: 8

That's the last of the Honey Hoops gone, we have Gilthead Bream for dinner not sure what we're doing with it but I'm sure we'll figure it out! Left overs again for lunch - either Lamb & Bean Stew or the last of the pumpkin soup.

Last edited:
I'd not heard of that either, but I guess it makes sense. Well done to your OH, that's a fab loss. Diaries are all looking good I'd say, keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Spikey, I'm trying my best. Had my mid-week support text, battling this damn cold which I've now given to my son.

Saturday-Lunch.gif

Food
Lamb & Bean Stew leftovers
HEXB 60g Wholemeal Rolls
White Grapes
4x Seafood Sticks​
Drinks
2x 500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (Free)​

Saturday-Dinner.gif

Food
Pan Fried Bream Fillets (Using frylight)
Plain Rice
Mixed Veg - Peas, Broad Beans, Carrots, Brocolli & Cauliflower
4x Seafood Sticks
White Grapes​
Drinks
500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (Free)
Aero Hot Chocolate (5 Syns)​
Syn Total: 5

The Days Syns: 13/20

I'd had the Bream sat in the freezer for a while and I fancied a bit of fish and voila! Hand filleted my fish and deboned, loads of veg and a nice bit of rice. I'm planning a lovely roast chicken for tomorrow, my fella makes the most amazing SW roasties with flaked Maldon salt. Just the thought of them makes me smile!!

Now that shopping is in, I can start planning the rest of the month a little better. It is disgusting that you can buy more unhealthy crap cheaper than you can buy a decent bag of apples. I'm being much more sensible with my portions so I'm not eating too much in one go and that way the food goes further as there is enough for another meal, another day.

I've been promised a lie in as I did all the night feeds for our snuffly bundle of fluff last night so I will call it a night!

Sunday-Breakfast.gif

Food
1/2 HEXB 1 Slice of Hovis Wholemeal Small Loaf
2 pieces Bacon (Fat removed)
Poached Egg
Quarter of Canteloup Melon​
Drinks
2x 500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (Free)
150ml Semi Skimmed Milk HEXA​

Sunday-Lunch.gif

Food
Spiced Pumpkin Soup (as before free)
2 pieces Bacon (Fat removed)
1/2 HEXB 1 Slice of Hovis Wholemeal Small Loaf
Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese - 1 1/2 Syns
Grapes
4x Fish Sticks​
Drinks
Syn Total: 1 1/2

Sunday-Dinner.gif

Food
Roast Chicken (Skin removed)
SW Roasties
Mixed Veg - Peas, Broad Beans & Carrots
Grapes
Pear
Apple​
Drinks

The Days Syns: 1 1/2/20

Though I'm doing okay with the plan, I feel these horrid pangs of guilt because I'm eating more expensive things and more in general to make sure I don't binge on bad things. As much as I love my other half, he's now saying he won't eat things because I need to eat them and that's not the case. I've just had a pay decrease to SMP rather than full salary and I already feel crappy about money - I used to blow out on things when I was in the depths of my depressive state running up debt. That's now stopped but I'm facing the reprocussions of that now by making sure all of my excess funds get moved out of my account to stop it from happening again, leaving me with an empty wallet and not knowing what's going on.

A bit of a vent but I'm down, really down and I'm wondering if I can afford to keep this up.

Monday-Breakfast.gif

Food
25g ASDA Chosen by You Choco Snaps - 5 Syns
HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk
Grapes​
Drinks
500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (Free)​
Syn Total: 5

Urgh, bad night last night not plan wise but mentally. I'm currently being weaned off my anti-depressant onto a new one and I'm all over the place I said something really harsh to my partner after the midnight feed then cried myself to sleep.

I've got a busy day planned, need to prep dinner for this evening as I'll be out most of the afternoon. SW Chili Con Carne my style, hopefully I won't make it so spicy I can't eat it. Lunch is a planned the rest of my tuna mix from the other day in a wholemeal roll with carrot and cucumber sticks with homemade tzatziki.

I better stop browsing and get doing, baby weigh in, in-law cat feeding and baby mobile and monitor collection.

Hi, I saw your post about a buddy. I'm in a similar situation but without a child-as in i tick all the other 3 boxes. Thought I'd pop over to say hi, you seem to be doing well with your food so far. let me know if u fancy buddying up, once you've had a look at my diary
x Jo x

Thank you for replying!! I must be absolutely blind because I can't seem to find it or I might be looking in the wrong place! I think sleep deprivation does that =)

Back