My last diet! LET'S DO THIS!!!

That was a lovely comment to read thank you for the support :) yeah i know they only want what is best for me because they know how unhappy I am about my weight, but I think when people don't struggle with their own weight they can never understand how stressful and hard it can be to lose it! they are really supportive though which I am so grateful for :) But you are right I am def gonna prove to them that I can do it as you can too :D
Yeah it is prob the lack of sugar that plays with our emotions, hope you feel ok now!
Well that is still such a healthy day I don't think that will make a difference at all to you losses :) I don't think there is anything to feel bad about.. you still stuck to the plan imagine if you had eaten loads of rubbish! I can't wait to try phase 2 but my book still hasn't come despite ordering it the Thurs before last so I really hope it is here Monday so I can start it then because I don't know much about it!

That's really good to know about the sugar content! :) So on phase 2 do you know if I can have rice porridge for breakfast? There are the ingredients: Rice Flakes, Millet Flakes, Stabiliser: Guar Gum. And there are only 1.9 grams of carbs (of which sugars) in it. And does it say anything about skimmed milk in the book? xxx

Oh and my food diary for today:
Breakfast was a veggie omelette
Lunch was veg soup that I made and some chicken
Dinner was boiled ham, carrots, parsnips and roasted butternut squash
And I will prob have some yogurt later on :)

Ooh how did you make the curry? The only one i know is processed in jar haha ;) book still isn't here so emailed the company and they said it is held up in Wales because of the snow and I live in Ieland! sooo annoying I really wanted to have it for the weekend! :/
Had bacon and eggs again today i'm not getting sick of it yet lol :) I can't wait to have that rice porridge on Monday though :D x x

Curry is lovely. Fry onions and garlic in a little oil till soft. Add spices (turmeric paprika coriander curry powder chilli powder cumin) and fry for another minute or two. Add tin tomatoes and 500 veg stock being to boil. Simmer for about 5 mins. Turn off heat and add 100g creamed coconut and stir till dissolved. U can blend at this point but I don't mind curry with lumps. Then add whatever veg and being back to boil then simmer till cooked. Lovely x

Just had a really late lunch as i had breakfast late too.. I have been pushing my meals on as far as possible because it is always during the evening that I want something to eat, so when i have my mail meal late i'm usually full until bedtime! I had the same lunch as yesterday, brown rice with lots of veg and chopped tomatoes and it is sooo filling!
So I booked a holiday today for the first week in June to Tenerife! I worked out that if I lose 3 lbs a week until then I will be just under 11 stone which is my dream weight... I am 5'8 so a healthy weight for me is 11 stone 12 pounds but I would love to get into the tens! but even if I got around 11 or 11 and a half by then I would be feeling a hell of a lot more confident than I am now! also i'm trying not to obsess about my weight either, more about how i feel. I'm trying to think of it as a lifestlyle change rather than a diet and I know if I start weighing myself everyday I will just get obsessed! Although I think I will in the morning though just to see the result after 3 days! Hope everybody is having a good day! Lots of loveeee xx

Wow lovely to have the holiday booked but gosh that's a big loss your hoping for each week. Not saying it won't happen but don't be driven purely by the numbers x make it a lifestyle so that once you're slim you're slim forever x

Hi all, which harcombe book did u get please, the one that explains it all or the recipe one.... I am hoping I don't need to get both, but as a fish. Eating vegetarian (pescatarian) I am am the throw myself of a building stage thought boredom eating to same thins! ?

Hi I got both but that's because I wanted the recipes. Start with either stop counting calories or why do you over eat would be my recommendation x

So I weighed myself this morning... and in THREE DAYS I have lost SIX POUNDS!!!! I am actually so happy with it! Breakfast was a veggie omelette!! Not craving anything today at all... but feeling quite emotional I don't know if that is part of the process or I'm just having one of those days. My stepdad was being really supportive and saying not to let this be another faddy diet etc and I just hate being under pressure from other people if that makes sense?! My mum only said last week too that I need to start doing something about my weight and I am doing this 100% for myself but I just HATE pressure from others too cos it is hard enough as it is. So I got quite upset but feeling ok now! How is everyone doing today?xx

Well done amazing loss. Xx nothing faddy with eating as nature intended us too x

Thank you i really must by the recipe book actually! I am def gonna make that curry tomorrow or Mon! yeah it might be a bit optimistic to lose 4 stone but as long as I feel good that's the main thing :) A couple of years back I lost a lot of weight and got to just under 11 stone and I have never felt so great in my life so hopefully I will get back to that someday! :) Have you eaten any dark chocolate? :) x

Thank you i really must by the recipe book actually! I am def gonna make that curry tomorrow or Mon! yeah it might be a bit optimistic to lose 4 stone but as long as I feel good that's the main thing :) A couple of years back I lost a lot of weight and got to just under 11 stone and I have never felt so great in my life so hopefully I will get back to that someday! :) Have you eaten any dark chocolate? :) x

Yeah have had a little bit here and there. Generally on the nights I've had a glass of wine too but am trying not to make it too regular. Just nights out or something? I felt great last year too was just pushing into a size 12 but comfortable in a 14 and was happy there. That's where I'm heading for hopefully by summer but time will tell. Somedays I frustrate myself that I'm not weighing so can't see if I'm doing ok but I know my clothes are fitting better so it will work. Gotta believe in it x

Yeah have had a little bit here and there. Generally on the nights I've had a glass of wine too but am trying not to make it too regular. Just nights out or something? I felt great last year too was just pushing into a size 12 but comfortable in a 14 and was happy there. That's where I'm heading for hopefully by summer but time will tell. Somedays I frustrate myself that I'm not weighing so can't see if I'm doing ok but I know my clothes are fitting better so it will work. Gotta believe in it x

So, today is day 7 on phase 1 and I have lost 8lb.....I haven't got the books yet so am going to continue on phase. 1 for a while......I have however bought a small bar of black and green high cocoa content choc and had half a bar of that broken into small pieces and sucked on them like sweets.... Amazing!! I will now be doing that every day as I think it will save my from losing it! I believe you can have this on phase two.....so I have brought that forward a little....but needs must.....

I have made a deal with myself to lose a stone by the end of jan and having wasted the first two weeks of the month, and the starting the harcombe diet it would seem possible now!

That was a lovely comment to read thank you for the support :) yeah i know they only want what is best for me because they know how unhappy I am about my weight, but I think when people don't struggle with their own weight they can never understand how stressful and hard it can be to lose it! they are really supportive though which I am so grateful for :) But you are right I am def gonna prove to them that I can do it as you can too :D
Yeah it is prob the lack of sugar that plays with our emotions, hope you feel ok now!
Well that is still such a healthy day I don't think that will make a difference at all to you losses :) I don't think there is anything to feel bad about.. you still stuck to the plan imagine if you had eaten loads of rubbish! I can't wait to try phase 2 but my book still hasn't come despite ordering it the Thurs before last so I really hope it is here Monday so I can start it then because I don't know much about it!

That's really good to know about the sugar content! :) So on phase 2 do you know if I can have rice porridge for breakfast? There are the ingredients: Rice Flakes, Millet Flakes, Stabiliser: Guar Gum. And there are only 1.9 grams of carbs (of which sugars) in it. And does it say anything about skimmed milk in the book? xxx

you can have rice cereal on phase 2, with skimmed milk only (not semi skimmed etc) as any other milk would be mixing fat and carbs. The book says that the rice cereal is better on its own as it keeps the crunch, but i guess its up to you...i personally dont like soggy cereal!

Hi I got both but that's because I wanted the recipes. Start with either stop counting calories or why do you over eat would be my recommendation x

Is the recipe book good? I'm thinking of ordering it when i get paid...but it is straight forward ingredients, or do you need random bits of this and that? I hate recipes when i have to buy loads of different stuff lol

Yeah i might try a little but I'm a bit weary that it will make me just want to eat more of it... and i will keep it for the weekend maybe or something rather than get into the habbit of having some everyday :) as long as you are feeling better in yourself that is the main thing it is only a number after all :) xx

I woke up today feeling really queasy! I felt really sick and could not face breakfast but i went to sleep for a while and was fine then thank god :) I had soup for lunch around 2... but feeling better now maybe it was just tiredness! i still have no cravings at all which is sooo great and i this is by far the best and healthiest diet I have ever done! i am at my aunts house at the moment and when I got here my aunt had just baked an apple pie and i was perfectly happy not to have some! it looked lovely but I was fine with my soup! it is so strange but foods that I would usually eat without a blink are now looking really unhealthy to me! i am going to London on Thursday just for the day... my friend and I are flying from Dublin really early that morning and then back really late that night... I am getting quite worried about it because I hope we go somewhere that I can eat! i am trying to think of a couple of snacks that i could bring with me just incase... Can you have rice cakes on phase 2?! any ideas??xx

Is the recipe book good? I'm thinking of ordering it when i get paid...but it is straight forward ingredients, or do you need random bits of this and that? I hate recipes when i have to buy loads of different stuff lol

Depends what sort of foods you want I suppose? There's quite a few spices needed for some. There's a free members recipe book with 25 recipes on iTunes or amazon which might be a good place to start? X

I woke up today feeling really queasy! I felt really sick and could not face breakfast but i went to sleep for a while and was fine then thank god :) I had soup for lunch around 2... but feeling better now maybe it was just tiredness! i still have no cravings at all which is sooo great and i this is by far the best and healthiest diet I have ever done! i am at my aunts house at the moment and when I got here my aunt had just baked an apple pie and i was perfectly happy not to have some! it looked lovely but I was fine with my soup! it is so strange but foods that I would usually eat without a blink are now looking really unhealthy to me! i am going to London on Thursday just for the day... my friend and I are flying from Dublin really early that morning and then back really late that night... I am getting quite worried about it because I hope we go somewhere that I can eat! i am trying to think of a couple of snacks that i could bring with me just incase... Can you have rice cakes on phase 2?! any ideas??xx

Not sure about rice cakes but you can have cheese? Maybe make some quiche or something you can graze at? You'll be fine eating out most places do steak or chicken just ask them to change the side for extra veg x

Yeah it will be fine I will def stick to it because it would be such a waste to ruin it all and the thought of doing something to make these cravings come back is horrible!

I spent ages in tesco today looking at the sugar content of different dark chocolates and the Lindt 90% had by far the least... 7g of sugar per 100g! Green and Blacks was over double the amount which I was really surprised about... so i bought the Lindt one and will try a bit tomorrow but if it makes me crave I am not gonna have it again!

I've only had 2 meals today but I'm feeling pretty hungry now so I am going to have some yogurt... dinner was brown rice with ratatouille and broccoli! I'll be weighing myself in the morning to see the 5 day result and after that I am just going to weigh myself every Monday and that is it :) ... that's the plan anyway ;)

Have you eaten any fruit yet Rkmriddell? I have been looking at the GI of fruits today and I might try some low GI ones this week... but I am going to wait a few days anyway because I really need to read the book if it ever comes.. I don't think I am going to change much from phase 1 over the next couple of days other than the dark chocolate until I read it and fully understand! I might not even have the chocolate I'll see tomorrow, the last thing I'm gonna do is eat it just for the sake of it! x

Yeah it will be fine I will def stick to it because it would be such a waste to ruin it all and the thought of doing something to make these cravings come back is horrible!

I spent ages in tesco today looking at the sugar content of different dark chocolates and the Lindt 90% had by far the least... 7g of sugar per 100g! Green and Blacks was over double the amount which I was really surprised about... so i bought the Lindt one and will try a bit tomorrow but if it makes me crave I am not gonna have it again!

I've only had 2 meals today but I'm feeling pretty hungry now so I am going to have some yogurt... dinner was brown rice with ratatouille and broccoli! I'll be weighing myself in the morning to see the 5 day result and after that I am just going to weigh myself every Monday and that is it :) ... that's the plan anyway ;)

Have you eaten any fruit yet Rkmriddell? I have been looking at the GI of fruits today and I might try some low GI ones this week... but I am going to wait a few days anyway because I really need to read the book if it ever comes.. I don't think I am going to change much from phase 1 over the next couple of days other than the dark chocolate until I read it and fully understand! I might not even have the chocolate I'll see tomorrow, the last thing I'm gonna do is eat it just for the sake of it! x

I know. That's what I like about it the craving going. I have had a piece if orange after an indian meal but nothing else. I can easily binge on fruit so am trying to avoid it for now. It starts my sweet tooth and for the moment I'm doing ok. Maybe a little bit further down the line x there isn't a massive amount of difference from p1 to 2 only that becomes a carb meal or a fat meal and finally no mixing. You can add in dairy too. Basically add in one new thing at a time to see how you react. Take it slow and don't add cheese for example if you've been looking forward to it as may be a sign you've an intolerance and craving x

Ya I will def go easy on the fruit and introduce things bit by bit... i weighed in this morning and i've still lost the 6 lbs and nothing more since Sat... a bit disappointed but I need to think that if I had waited the full 5 days I would have been delighted with 6 lbs in 5 days! but to brighten me up MY BOOK CAME just as I was writing this yayyyy! can't wait to get stuck into it... not back to uni until Monday so I have this week to read read read! they sent me the harcombe diet for men aswell for free so I might learn a bit from that too you never know! feeling very bloated and crampy but my time of the month is due today or tomorrow (edit - officially here now lol) which might be something to do with not losing much! I love Mondays they are so fresh and new! Here is to a great week everybody :) xx

Last edited:
Back