Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Sex during Pregnancy

I'm sad to say that I think I've been forced to join the "no sex" club :(

It was all going so well until yesterday when hubby made a confession.

BTW this is going to be a TMI kinda post, so if my mum is reading - I'd recommend you turn away now mum...and for anyone else who doesn't want to know about my sex life lol.

Yesterday, me and hubby were both at home and seeing as it had been a bit of a bad week, I think we both needed some comfort. Anyway, one thing lead to another upstairs...but I could just tell we weren't going to have sex. Hubby was waaayyyy too interested in me making sure he was happy and getting some if you know what I mean? (Sorry, this is even making ME cringe).

Anyway, I basically gave him the "come on then" look and he was like..."hmmmm.....I can't".

"What do you mean you can't?"

"It feels WEIRD"

"What? Weird Mentally because there's a baby in there, or weird physically"

"Both"

WHAT?!

Apparently I "feel" very different in there... :(

He didn't explain what was different exactly, but now I'm scared that afterwards it won't go back to how I used to feel and we'll never have sex ever ever again!!!
lol.

I don't know why I'm posting this, I don't have a question as such apart from "Will I go back to normal?" But that's impossible to know right now lol

What do I do?! x

Oh LOL btw by him saying no because I feel differently, it's not because I feel different and he's being horrible, it's apparently because it reminds him even more that I have a baby there...

Omg that sounds just like my hubby!!
And now he is so eager for me to have this baby he keeps saying 'what else can we try?' And I'm now saying no sex to him cos he can't pick and choose!! Lol.

Mine said he thought he could feel him - which I really laughed at and said 'u think rather highly of yrself don't you?' (Not sure he got the joke!)

It seems it's a lot more common that I thought at the time and I recall crying over it...but then I cry at everything anyway lol xx

I think they are all the same. Its the only thing they can do to protect baby if you know what I mean....doesn't matter what they eat, how they walk etc it doesn't affect the baby. But in there head they could be poking baby in the head or anything haha.....All you can do is reassure him that baby doesn't know what is going on :D

Welcome to the club Jess!! Lol. Without tmi, maybe it's all the extra 'stuff' down there? Plus our bodies are changing so much it makes sense that our bits will have to change too. Maybe we won't be 100% how we were before, squeezing a baby out has gotta change it a bit surely, but I think a lot of it is probably psychological and he thinks you feel different because he knows there's a baby in there. I'm sure everything will go back to normal once our babies are here (if we have the time & energy!!). I'm hoping it does anyway, it's been over 5 months for me now!! Tom is even saying no to sex if we go over our due date but I've a plan to be the biggest ***** ever so he gives in and we can (hopefully) poke baby out of there ;) xx

Hahaha ....poke the baby out. These threads are all so funny today, must be a full moon!

Maybe a bit of suction will work? Haha. Hope it isn't a full moon, it'll mean work tonight will be HELL!!!! Lol

Maybe a bit of suction will work? Haha. Hope it isn't a full moon, it'll mean work tonight will be HELL!!!! Lol

LOL!! Suction. That's exactly what I did yesterday :( I got absolutely NOTHING.

He has another thing coming if he thinks we're not having sex for the next 19 weeks. "Feel different" my ar*e.

Mega TMI...but he says I'm "dryer" and more "snug" LOL despite there being like....loads of stuff down there?!

Get some balls John seriously. I have needs lol xx

LOL!! Suction. That's exactly what I did yesterday :( I got absolutely NOTHING.

He has another thing coming if he thinks we're not having sex for the next 19 weeks. "Feel different" my ar*e.

Mega TMI...but he says I'm "dryer" and more "snug" LOL despite there being like....loads of stuff down there?!

Get some balls John seriously. I have needs lol xx
More snug I would have thought was better???
As for dryer... Easily solved.. Excite you more!!! lol

More snug I would have thought was better???
As for dryer... Easily solved.. Excite you more!!! lol

Yeah but you know...not for his "weapon of mass destruction"

Boy, please.

lol x

LOL!! Suction. That's exactly what I did yesterday :( I got absolutely NOTHING. He has another thing coming if he thinks we're not having sex for the next 19 weeks. "Feel different" my ar*e. Mega TMI...but he says I'm "dryer" and more "snug" LOL despite there being like....loads of stuff down there?! Get some balls John seriously. I have needs lol xx

Haha. Id have bit it!! If Tom's refusing to have sex I'm refusing to do that. He can sort himself out lol. I don't buy the dryer excuse for a minute either. Daft men!! Xx

Haha ours has been a bit odder as he doesn't like being on top coz of bump and I feel like a whale on top!

TMI! for a while before he said I was 'drier' but seems better now and we bought lube to see us through that LOL

Lol I'm absolutely howling at today's topic of discussion... lol Any new pregnant ladies just tuning in and you're not getting any - it's normal apparently lol :D ha ha x

LOL Sarah "I'd have bit it".

hahahahaha. Giggling away to myself in the office. :D xx

Haha. Id have bit it!! If Tom's refusing to have sex I'm refusing to do that. He can sort himself out lol. I don't buy the dryer excuse for a minute either. Daft men!! Xx
Yup Sarah I'm with you... He's always asking for "something" and i'm like, "yea.. WE can have sex.. Otherwise.. off you pop to the bathroom.. and clean up after yourself!" LOL

Oh my god girls i am actually laughing out loud at this thread! My colleagues are seriously wondering about me....not to mention i should be working not reading about weapons of mass destruction etc :p but oh my, what a topic.

As for feeling different maybe things are bit more "swollen" with all the extra blood flow? personally i would have thought that would be better but you know men they are sensitive little souls and don't like change. Personally i can't imagine it's dryer when we've all been complaining about plenty of extra lubrication down there - but maybe it's a different type of lubrication which feels different? God knows.....i guess we'll never know, but i am sure he will soon change his mind if you stop "sorting him out" without actually doing the deed ;)

I can't really comment as Mike doesn't seem to have any issues with wanting at the moment....it's me at the moment with no "get up and go"...poor Mike i think i need to try and snap out of it i do feel bad for him it has been a fair few weeks :rolleyes:.

Oh my god girls i am actually laughing out loud at this thread! My colleagues are seriously wondering about me....not to mention i should be working not reading about weapons of mass destruction etc :p but oh my, what a topic.

As for feeling different maybe things are bit more "swollen" with all the extra blood flow? personally i would have thought that would be better but you know men they are sensitive little souls and don't like change. Personally i can't imagine it's dryer when we've all been complaining about plenty of extra lubrication down there - but maybe it's a different type of lubrication which feels different? God knows.....i guess we'll never know, but i am sure he will soon change his mind if you stop "sorting him out" without actually doing the deed ;)

I can't really comment as Mike doesn't seem to have any issues with wanting at the moment....it's me at the moment with no "get up and go"...poor Mike i think i need to try and snap out of it i do feel bad for him it has been a fair few weeks :rolleyes:.

Lol I think that's it actually. No more being number 1 wife and making him happy. If he isn't going to return the favour then he can feck off with his laptop lol.

I have no idea what his problem is. Despite the extra "stuff" apparently according to John I'm "as dry as a bucket of sand". Maybe it's different to the stuff I used to get when I was ovulating? lol.

Such a little tart! Honestly. Get on with it man!

I'm going to stop being so thoughtful I think. lol.

Kim, I was like that up until about 3-4 weeks ago. It was literally the last thing on my mind, which freaked hubby out. At one point I honestly couldn't think of anything worse...didn't want him anywhere near me. Even just the sight of "it" made me feel sick ha ha ha xx

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Haha I've only just tuned in this has really made me laugh xx

Lol I think that's it actually. No more being number 1 wife and making him happy. If he isn't going to return the favour then he can feck off with his laptop lol.

I have no idea what his problem is. Despite the extra "stuff" apparently according to John I'm "as dry as a bucket of sand". Maybe it's different to the stuff I used to get when I was ovulating? lol.

Such a little tart! Honestly. Get on with it man!

I'm going to stop being so thoughtful I think. lol.

Kim, I was like that up until about 3-4 weeks ago. It was literally the last thing on my mind, which freaked hubby out. At one point I honestly couldn't think of anything worse...didn't want him anywhere near me. Even just the sight of "it" made me feel sick ha ha ha xx

Glad it's not just me then and there is hope! Mike keeps asking me when i'm going to get to that point in pregnancy where all i want is sex! I think his friends have mis-informed him, he's under the impression i'll just want to jump him whenever i see him.....ummm certainly not the case at the moment. If he even thinks about getting in the way of sleep time he doesn't get a particularly warm reception haha.

Hmmm well he's obviously not trying hard enough to get you in the mood if you are as "dry as a bucket of sand" ;-) try telling him to pull his finger out and it's his job to make it less dry!! ;) Maybe it is different to when you were ovulating, but surely the hormones are pretty similar and it certainly doesn't seem that any of us are dealing with dryness so god knows what he's on about - maybe it's a little bit psychological as well as anything else - things are different as you are growing a baby so surely it must make it feel different kind of thing?

Glad it's not just me then and there is hope! Mike keeps asking me when i'm going to get to that point in pregnancy where all i want is sex! I think his friends have mis-informed him, he's under the impression i'll just want to jump him whenever i see him.....ummm certainly not the case at the moment. If he even thinks about getting in the way of sleep time he doesn't get a particularly warm reception haha.

Hmmm well he's obviously not trying hard enough to get you in the mood if you are as "dry as a bucket of sand" ;-) try telling him to pull his finger out and it's his job to make it less dry!! ;) Maybe it is different to when you were ovulating, but surely the hormones are pretty similar and it certainly doesn't seem that any of us are dealing with dryness so god knows what he's on about - maybe it's a little bit psychological as well as anything else - things are different as you are growing a baby so surely it must make it feel different kind of thing?

You might get to that point soon though. Like I said a few weeks ago I never thought I'd want it again and now I feel "normal" again all of a sudden. :)

ha ha ha! I have no idea what he's really thinking. I know he finds it weird me being pregnant, and he will only do 1 position because he doesn't want to squash the baby. lol

Well, if I have to wait another 19 weeks, then so does he!!! :) xx

Back