Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

You might get to that point soon though. Like I said a few weeks ago I never thought I'd want it again and now I feel "normal" again all of a sudden. :) ha ha ha! I have no idea what he's really thinking. I know he finds it weird me being pregnant, and he will only do 1 position because he doesn't want to squash the baby. lol Well, if I have to wait another 19 weeks, then so does he!!! :) xx

19 weeks?? Don't forget to inform him of the pain yr bits will have just been through and they say to wait 4-6 weeks before having sex again!! - I think in going to tell my hubby they mean 6-10 weeks!! That will teach him ha ha.

To be honest - I know that last time hubby and I did owt I did kinda dry up a bit after a bit and cos f the swelling (all be it a small amount) it wasn't v comfortable for me. He never said owt about it.

After the 20 week we had it maybe once a week then at 26 weeks ish we wet through a v bad patch...thinking we were breaking up when we finally sorted through stuff we had it. Twice one weekend!! Lol and thinking back now we've not done owt 'together' for maybe 5/6 weeks. Am not defending men cos they should make us feel wanted! But I'm so big and feel heavy that I've not been up for it much!

Anyway - what a great Friday topic of discussion - suggestions for next Friday?? Xx

lol Cant believe ive missed all this but its making me giggle reading through it all!

Ive not 'had any' since we got our bfp.....he point blank refuses for fear of anything happening to baby. He jokes sometimes about bj and then says hes joking (hes clearly not) lol ....he wishes, no chance :p

lol Cant believe ive missed all this but its making me giggle reading through it all! Ive not 'had any' since we got our bfp.....he point blank refuses for fear of anything happening to baby. He jokes sometimes about bj and then says hes joking (hes clearly not) lol ....he wishes, no chance :p

That's exactly like us and the reason Tom won't do it. Tom hasn't even asked for anything cos he knows what the answer would be. When it's time of month I do cos I really don't want anything then but not when he's put me on a ban lol ;)

Ok so I have a question:

Family have asked about what things to buy us for baby and one thing I need is a breastpump but I have NO IDEA which one to go for. I was going to ask for 'Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump' but then Ive read the reviews for it on Amazon and they dont seem that great and now im stuck :(

Anyone got any suggestions as to which electric breast pump I should go for? Is there a pump that works better for big boobs?! Should i get a single or a double?!! Aarghhhhh!!

Unfortunately I can't answer this because I'm not using one but I'm sure there was a conversation on a thread (maybe this one at the start?) about breast pumps. I think it was more about manual or electric ones. I hate the thought of anything on my boobs lol

Unfortunately I can't answer this because I'm not using one but I'm sure there was a conversation on a thread (maybe this one at the start?) about breast pumps. I think it was more about manual or electric ones. I hate the thought of anything on my boobs lol

lol No problem...i know i deffo want an electric one ( i think..hmnnn lol) but just dont know which one to get :p

lol No problem...i know i deffo want an electric one ( i think..hmnnn lol) but just dont know which one to get :p

My friend is giving me hers a she didn't use it. When I have it and I have used it I will review it for u :p I've no idea what make it is etc x

Another question:

How long am I meant to be on the birthing ball (gym ball) for??

I'm trying to help labour start but don't wanna Over do it and end up in pain for no reason!!

I've just done 5 mins now having a little break but intend to go bk on it again in 5-10 mins.

The Medela swing breast pumps are very good. Do not get the tommee tippee one, I think it was that one that made me cry ALOT! Kept sucking the milk into the mechanism. I'd definately say look around and read loads of reviews, also maybe ring the local breast feeding support group and ask their advice. The hospital will also have one that they use for babies that are in NICU, maybe ask the midwife which they have, they are usually the best. Also JOJOEY look and see if you can get your choosen one second hand and just buy new tubing.

I was going to breast feed but have now changed my mind. I just can't see it working with having 2 kids and doing school runs. So now I'm trying to decide between Aptimel and Gold top......I keep thinking I know and then I become unsure haha.

The Medela swing breast pumps are very good. Do not get the tommee tippee one, I think it was that one that made me cry ALOT! Kept sucking the milk into the mechanism. I'd definately say look around and read loads of reviews, also maybe ring the local breast feeding support group and ask their advice. The hospital will also have one that they use for babies that are in NICU, maybe ask the midwife which they have, they are usually the best. Also JOJOEY look and see if you can get your choosen one second hand and just buy new tubing.

I was going to breast feed but have now changed my mind. I just can't see it working with having 2 kids and doing school runs. So now I'm trying to decide between Aptimel and Gold top......I keep thinking I know and then I become unsure haha.

Thank you so much for your advice...the Tommee Tippee one is what i was going to get and then I read the reviews which werent good.

I did look at the Medela one and that had good reviews so maybe thats the one to go for :D

Hi ladies.. Question.. Not really to do with purchases for baby but is pregnancy related...
I am almost 21 weeks (as you all know).. Is it too early for baby to be lying on my bladder???
Last night I'd literally JUST been to the loo, and between the walk from the bathroom to the bed, 20 steps maybe, I needed another wee... But by time I got back to the loo there was nothing there.. Could it have been baby lying/pressing on my bladder???
I'm assuming its still too early for that carry on but just curious.. TIA

Hi ladies.. Question.. Not really to do with purchases for baby but is pregnancy related...
I am almost 21 weeks (as you all know).. Is it too early for baby to be lying on my bladder???
Last night I'd literally JUST been to the loo, and between the walk from the bathroom to the bed, 20 steps maybe, I needed another wee... But by time I got back to the loo there was nothing there.. Could it have been baby lying/pressing on my bladder???
I'm assuming its still too early for that carry on but just curious.. TIA

Ha ha!!! OMG Read my diary - I've literally just posted about this! :D

I definitely think baby is capable of sitting on bladder, or at least restricting parts of it. This is why (particularly at night) I can go for a wee (which I never feel satisfied with but I can't get anymore out lol) and so 2 minutes later I'm bursting again and I have to go. Yesterday I had to try and wriggle around on the toilet and get in all sorts of positions to try and move baby so I could wee!!

xx

Ha ha!!! OMG Read my diary - I've literally just posted about this! :D

I definitely think baby is capable of sitting on bladder, or at least restricting parts of it. This is why (particularly at night) I can go for a wee (which I never feel satisfied with but I can't get anymore out lol) and so 2 minutes later I'm bursting again and I have to go. Yesterday I had to try and wriggle around on the toilet and get in all sorts of positions to try and move baby so I could wee!!

xx
Giggled.. Coz i'd posted this, gone to your diary n u posted about it.. So I had to double check that I'd come off this thread.. LOL

Not so much a baby question but a 'me' question. I REALLY fancy a soak in a bath with a Lush bath bomb and some candles (glass of vino wouldn't go amiss but I'll make do with Apple Tango - and I NEVER fancy a drink!!). Since I've been pregnant I've not had anything in my bath but now I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and want something lovely smelling and fizzy. Do you reckon it would be ok? I've read a few different things on Dr Google and personally think I'll be fine but wondered what everyone else has been doing?
xx

I haven't had a bath since falling in it but when I did I used everything as normal! Bubble baths, scrubs etc.
I say do it!! Especially if it's going to make u feel better x

I haven't had a bath since falling in it but when I did I used everything as normal! Bubble baths, scrubs etc.
I say do it!! Especially if it's going to make u feel better x

Excellent. Tom's on his way home from work and is gonna stop off and get me one. Really looking forward to it. Going to charge my kindle and tale myself off for a nice bath tonight xx

Excellent. Tom's on his way home from work and is gonna stop off and get me one. Really looking forward to it. Going to charge my kindle and tale myself off for a nice bath tonight xx

A face mask is also nice if he is stopping for goodies!! Oh and dairy milk! Lol xx

Ooh dairy milk. VERY good idea!!!!!x

I don't have a bath (Sob) so not researched it at all but I'd just be careful what I put in it...
I wouldn't use a radox type in case it relaxes something that shouldn't be... But you know me by now.. I won't colour my hair, drink coffee or have my nails done... So I think may be a tad OVER cautious...
I know pregnant women do these things ALL the time and have perfectly healthy babies.. But some women drink pints the whole way through too n I won't be doing that...

Back