Tales of a Synner - time to track and take action!

Subscribing to this, you sound just like me! I hold my hand up to emotional eating...its been the cause of my ridiculously fluctuating weight my whole life and bread is a total MINEFIELD for me! Show me the croissants and I'm on them like a ravenous dog in seconds, then I go into punish mode, followed by 'abort and just eat 6 muffins with nutella and a few bags of crisps'.

Your exercise regime is impressive, how long ago did you start building it all into your routine? I've just begun my plan (SW EE but will prob mix it up with red/green days) and a teeny bit of exercise every other day, sticking to baby steps for now cos a)anything more than that makes me look and feel like I'm in the throes of labour again and b) I have this nasty little habit of going at everything full throttle then burning out.

Anyway, loving your diary, hope today is an awesome day for you!

Hey, thanks for reading. You made me lol with the ravenous dog line, as it is sooooo me. I've slacked on the exercise this week - no circuits or kettlebells - I really must get swinging again ;) but I don't want to end up with a routine that I can't maintain. My youngest daughter started pre school 9.15-12.15 in September and I have made walking/swimming my priority and do 5k most days and 10k once or twice if I can fit it in. Aim is 4/5 days a week walking & aqua class plus half hour swimming, and an hour swim on Sunday. Then add a couple of kettlebells 30 mins 2 evenings a week at home.
I started following SW end of May/early June and then added walking twice a week, swimming started in July (had not been swimming since I was 15!) Lost over 3 stone so far.
Once you see the weight coming off and clothes fitting better it gives you the incentive to keep going - in the past I had a walking buddy but ended up not going if they couldn't - now I just make myself do it. And once I'm out - I love it. Although did 10k this morning as I had a few vodkas last night (and home measures) & it poured with rain, wasn't too bad until I got home and got an attack of the shivers - I was frozen. And despite a hot shower I felt cold all day. Good Luck with your baby steps - they'll soon become big strides!

Hope you have a fab day today xxxxxx
Good luck with JUUDD - it's something I think I'd like to experiment with when I get a bit nearer goal. I've been reading though that it suits someone women and some it doesn't - some just don't lose weight with it but I like the idea of IF'ing .....

Had four large vodkas Tues night (35 syns?) so 10K walk this morning to try and undo some of the damage. Lunch I had in local restaurant - homemade veg soup (no starch used to thicken) with no bread - it was so salty but I was too hungry not to eat it. Disappointed though when I could have come home and had something "proper". FREE
Took girls swimming this afternoon and it was cold. Did a few half hearted lengths and some ring a ring a rosie with DD2 while DD1 had her swimming lessons.
My friend cooked - butternut squash dahl, chopped onion, toms and cucumber, green beans and broccoli.Followed by a honeyed peach light greek muller yoghurt - think it's much nicer than the ordinary muller lite which are so sweet and so worth the 1/2 syn.
This evening I've caught up on here with an 80 cal fudge bar and some tea (HEA and 4 syns)

Synned out but hope it will even up over the week and hoping to be 13 stone 2lb come next weigh in (scales I used this week were different and gave me a false positive I think!)
Hope everyone is keeping on track and to plan - and if you don't it isn't the end of the world. Face up to it, being guilty is a waste of time and effort - move on and just keep on going ....

Over 3 stone is gobsmackingly good, you must be chuffed to bits! My babysteps are just fine for now cos my fitness level is roughly that of an immobile pensioner and I have SVT. It's an annoying heart thing that means my heart rate goes mental all of a sudden if I over exert myself; makes you feel really ill, especially if you have a prolonged attack and being even slightly overweight makes it worse. I had my third baby in April and when he was 6 weeks, I decided to be Mrs Bigballs and go running while doing the Herbalife diet (consists mostly of shakes). Let me tell you, I got the fecking shakes alright - ended up starshaped on the sofa unable to move without everything going black/looking a bit wonky. Hence, babysteps, lol.

Hey...just found read your diary and am loving it. Keep up the great work!

Time to kick my own ass - if nothing else it will improve my flexibility ....
GOAL 12 stone 10lb by Saturday November 3rd 2012
My prize - Iron Fist Zombie shoes and handbag .....
Bring it on .....

Attachments

• iron-fist-clothing-zombie-bag.jpg
    iron-fist-clothing-zombie-bag.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 260
Iron fist!! YES!!

Sadie I just realised I used to talk to you when I was last here! Think my name was Eshka.

Over 3 stone is gobsmackingly good, you must be chuffed to bits! My babysteps are just fine for now cos my fitness level is roughly that of an immobile pensioner and I have SVT. It's an annoying heart thing that means my heart rate goes mental all of a sudden if I over exert myself; makes you feel really ill, especially if you have a prolonged attack and being even slightly overweight makes it worse. I had my third baby in April and when he was 6 weeks, I decided to be Mrs Bigballs and go running while doing the Herbalife diet (consists mostly of shakes). Let me tell you, I got the fecking shakes alright - ended up starshaped on the sofa unable to move without everything going black/looking a bit wonky. Hence, babysteps, lol.

Not a fan of Herbalife at all (as much about the company as the product but it's a rant not for here!) - glad you ditched that one ;-)
Hope your baby steps are keeping you on track - they do reckon it's 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the exercise, so you don't have to acheive massive exercise goals to lose. I have a friend who's lost 2 1/2 stone and only walks 3 by 5k a week - she still has the losses & at times better than me but she is more flabby, I'm bigger but firmer - in places - still have lots of wobbly bits - lol....
Hope you had a great weekend.

Will someone just sew my gob up. Really, I am such a self sabotaging mare it's unbelievable - I know how it's happened just not sure why ... the weather has been awful the last 2 days and it's seen me hovering around the kitchen hoovering up everything in sight. There's no real excuse, I could go downstairs and sort my craft room out, get some cards made, make Eanroi's christening present - anything but I just have no motivation.
Started the day with water and a banana, did 5k walk/jog with dog, took DD out for lunch and just had 3 spoons of beef curry, came home and had porridge with 2 tsp maple syrup and granola - then it all went wrong ... snacked on 3 slices of chicken, ate couple spoons kids dinner, had tea and 2 butter toffees, had 2 slices nimble with 2 slices chicken and 2 tsp ex light mayo, finished lump of cheese in fridge, had leftover slice of garlic bread & some potato salad .... 3 cups of tea .... some grapes
I feel awful. Not guilty - giving up on that emotion, gets you nowhere - just awful, full, fat and swollen. It's all very well having a virtual group hug when it goes wrong but it does me no bloody good at all. I need my ass whooping and shaming into doing an extra 2 kilometres for every aberration if I am ever going to get anywhere.
Rant over. Tomorrow I will -
Eat breakfast.
Have some fruit (been avoiding it & it's not helping cos I end up snacking on far worse)
Make soup
Drink more water.
Not eat after 8pm.
Get my cards made.
Tidy craft table.
Walk 7 kilometres minimum (although there's a storm this evening, so not sure what will be like tomorrow) or go to aqua aerobics if weather too bad.
Now I know SW is not about calories but just to see, I used a calorie counter to calculate my approx calorie needs - in August it was 1900 cals a day - it's now down to 1500 cals - so clearly I need to adjust my diet to keep seeing results. (this estimates loss of about 1lb a week) So aiming for 400 cals breakfast and lunch 500 for dinner and 200 snacks - just to give me an idea of what my days need to look like to keep me showing a loss. I know this doesn't account for exercise but I'm not doing as much as I was during the summer.

Kick up the bum delivery... We all do this... But line under it and start again... I find I do this when I am bored or like you lack motivation... Get your crafting head on keep busy and as well as the kick a hug to go along with it, you are human after all don't be so hard on yourself... xx

I don't want to play things down but hon, from what you listed it could've been so much worse...in fact I'd say you were pretty much ok up til the garlic bread. You ate no real substantial meals; this will lead to snacking, which leads to snacking to sate hunger rather than taking time for a real meal. All of us have done this and it is far, FAR from the end of the world.

This is something I've done quite a lot in the past. The key is to ensure meals rather than snacks especially after exercise - by the sounds of it your body went a bit stir crazy as you had very little prior to that walk.

Really, don't beat yourself up. Don't assume that unless you kick yourself up the bum it won't change. It can change but it won't as long as you're slapping your wrists every time you think you messed up. You need to learn to forgive yourself, THEN these slips are so much easier to get over.

RawrGirl knows how you feel. She just got back from her mini-holiday road trip where she totally blew her plan and ate tons of stuff (esp last night) and went to bed feeling stuffed,bloated, and like the food was just sitting there unable to digest. Why it is so hard to just eat normally, she has no idea. It's like there is this mentality that tomorrow they may be no more food, so we should eat everything in sight right now. Grrr.

But...back on track today. And learn from mistakes...which you already did (to not skip fruit). What did RawrGirl learn? She's not sure, except that she did pretty well until yesterday when she intentionally bought junk food ONLY because she knew she was going back on her diet today, and not because she even really wanted it. :(

Kick up the bum delivery... We all do this... But line under it and start again... I find I do this when I am bored or like you lack motivation... Get your crafting head on keep busy and as well as the kick a hug to go along with it, you are human after all don't be so hard on yourself... xx
Had a lovely evening showing 2 women I know how to make Xmas card frame cards - food never even entered my head.

@ Rawrgirl .... But...back on track today. And learn from mistakes...which you already did (to not skip fruit). What did RawrGirl learn? She's not sure, except that she did pretty well until yesterday when she intentionally bought junk food ONLY because she knew she was going back on her diet today, and not because she even really wanted it. :(

Oh, find myself often eating because I feel I should or rather I feel "why shouldn't I?" - reined myself today and one butter toffee eaten with purpose and relish is the only "bad" thing I did ... and it wasn't bad cos I let myself have it and stopped at one.
Well done on reaching your 10 jeans goal too!

@Sheanin .... Really, don't beat yourself up. Don't assume that unless you kick yourself up the bum it won't change. It can change but it won't as long as you're slapping your wrists every time you think you messed up. You need to learn to forgive yourself, THEN these slips are so much easier to get over.
Thanks for the lovely comment, it all makes sense. I've just been slipping up too much lately to allow myself more slack - don't want to end up saying - oh well it's only a pound/2/3 gain. I've got complacent and it's bit me in the bum ....

First good day mentally and foodly (cos it is a word) for a while.

Too wet and stormy for a walk this morning - plus had no water, so had to go track down who was in charge of group water scheme, which took half the morning.
Had a cooked breakfast 1 bacon, 2 low syn sausage, sliced potato in frylite and a piece of black pudding - 5 syns
Lunch - lettuce, ham, mini pickles, tomato, apple and 1 tsp ex light mayo - 1 syn
Dinner - Beef Stew - 2 syns
HEA - milk for tea
HEB - 70 cal aldi muesli bar (don't want the other one)
1 butter toffee - 2 syns
Water - 2.5 litres

Exercise - 30 mins swimming lengths. 20 mins vibroplate. Plus 40 mins ab tone belt (not sure if it works but it was free and I can see it working my stomach muscles so willing to give it a try.)

I find I over eat when I am bored, so crafting and doing jigsaws helps me, its when I sit in front of the telly or read that I am at my most vunerable... The trouble is most times I don't know I am doing it until its too late... Well done you for getting back on track and for teaching someone else something that will a, bring them pleasure, and two bring others pleasure too...xx

So, I have done well food wise but had a major vodka session last night - which I didn't plan but I reckon it clocked in around 35 syns (but I didn't eat anything which is a definite change - no drink fuelled munchie session!). I'm not feeling bad about it, it happened - make up for it with a perfect SW week starting tomorrow.
Having problems with my partners daughter refusing to come and stay with him when I am there (I thought it was my kids she felt threatened by) but she refused to come into his house last night when she saw my car. Hence my need for vodka :sigh: .
Other than that today I had a SW friendly cooked breakfast with HEB of wholemeal toast, apple and a shortbread finger - 4 syns, tea with milk - 3 syns for 4 cups tea , steamed chicken with cabbage, leeks and yellow pepper and low low cheese HEA. 2 toffees - 4 syns and a taste of carrot cake - 3 syns.
Did 40 mins swimming and a sauna plus used vibrobelt for an hour whilst driving home.
Sneaked a look on scales and was just a teeny bit over 13 stone still - I had thought with exercising every day I might have got another pound but I'll see what the official WI is tomorrow.

And that is a perfect way to look at it, life happens and sometimes we have to go along with it and enjoy or endure it... At least you didn't have the munchies and alcohol burns off in the system eventually and filters out so as long as you rehydrate it won't play too much havoc... Drink is empty calories, but most people gain weight because of the food they eat when drunk, not from the booze itself... Love your attitude babes...xx

Quick food update so that I don't forget. Breakfast - 2 rashers fat removed (that bit kills me :) with small amount of beans and a banana 2 cups of tea. 70 minutes brisk walk with dog and litre of water. Lunch - cajun spiced vegetables.
Milk in tea = HEA
It's a sunny and blustery day, thinking I might pump up the tyres on K's bike and take it out for a spin - need to do something about these thunder thighs.

Visited the local community aid shop on Saturday and spotted a Betty Barclay pinstripe suit, the lining in the jacket was ripped but the actual suit looks great. It was only a size 12 but I bought it as my "thinspiration" outfit - for €10 I could hardly leave it there. It's amazing that I even the faith in myself to get down to a 12 - start of the summer a size 16 seemed like an amazing acheivement.
Happy Days.

largerthanmost said:
Quick food update so that I don't forget. Breakfast - 2 rashers fat removed (that bit kills me :) with small amount of beans and a banana 2 cups of tea. 70 minutes brisk walk with dog and litre of water. Lunch - cajun spiced vegetables.
Milk in tea = HEA
It's a sunny and blustery day, thinking I might pump up the tyres on K's bike and take it out for a spin - need to do something about these thunder thighs.

Visited the local community aid shop on Saturday and spotted a Betty Barclay pinstripe suit, the lining in the jacket was ripped but the actual suit looks great. It was only a size 12 but I bought it as my "thinspiration" outfit - for EUR10 I could hardly leave it there. It's amazing that I even the faith in myself to get down to a 12 - start of the summer a size 16 seemed like an amazing acheivement.
Happy Days.

You will be in it sooner than you think...xx

Back