Time to end my journey!

shellsbells-x

Hi All :eek:

I have decided that it is the right time to end my lifelong journey in battling my weight.

I love to natter and to talk to myself (and to sound off lol) so I think a diary may be good for me (although I am very nervous).

Let me introduce myself :sign0144:

I am 30 years old and spent my teens being overweight.

Mid Teens to Mid Twenties
When I was 17 I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (not weight related btw), which caused more weight to pile on :mad:, and by 19 I had developed an eating disorder :doh:which lasted around 8 years (on and off). My lowest point was when I realised that if I stopped taking my insulin I could lose weight. I was so pleased with myself when I shed 4 stone using this ludicras method (it now has a name but it not a recognised ED: Diabulimia). Since then my life has gone through cycles of trying to take my medication and get healthy, only to gain loads of weight and try to lose it quickly.

Mid Twenties to Thirty
From My Mid Twenties I started to get on track. I got married:love047:, gained more weight lol, and joined WW.
I desperately wanted to get my sugar levels back on track and to lose weight, and WW helped me a lot; I lost around 1 stone but more importantly I didn't gain any more!!
I battled a teeny tiny bit with my ED, which I suppose will always be a part of me even if it's not a part of my life anymore (which it isn't thank goodness) and me and hubby went our seperate ways.

I then found myself in a very unhappy relationship :sad0071:which left me mentally scarred, battered and bruised to the point where I felt so low I didn't think the world would miss me :giveup:. Thank God I came through this, and thank god for friends!!! I never knew they could help so much and with the help of a good friend I found confidence, and fun (and the gym). I followed no particular plan, but due to a bad break up, and many nights spent out having fun and dancing (yay for excercise:party0049:) I lost about 3 stone. My sugars were not perfect my any means but this was not something i had used as a tool to lose weight, it was just something i needed to get a grip of...

... Anyway, age 30 and my sugar levels are great!! I am engaged and blissfully happy:love:, and yes, I have piled a good 3 stone back on (as you do:eatdrink051:) due to being so comfortable and happy.

The next step for me is to end this journey; it has been too long and has left me very tired :nightf:

I walked into SW (by myself, which is not like me) on Dec 27th 2011 and got a huge clap:clap: from the group for joining between xmas and new year.
Even with WW I never really stayed to group (when I wasn't doing it online) but 6 weeks in and I love it. I'm so glad I stay, even though I'm still a little quite, it makes a HUGE difference.

I lost 5lbs in my first week, and my last weigh in at 5 weeks brought me to my first stone sticker having lost 14.5lbs.
I love the plan, and i love cooking so this is definitely the plan for me.

I hope no one minds me documenting the end of my journey on here, I think it's something I need to do, after all...I won't be making this trip again xx

Last edited:
Well done you, you deserve this and it's never too late to start taking control of your life!! Look forward to reading ur journal.

Anyhoo... let's make a start!!

This week is a bit rubbish as payday is next week so running a bit low on the old SF!!
Hoping the OH will drop some pennies off for me at work later so I can grab some spinach and muller lights on my way home tonight.

I skipped breakfast today but on that note I shall grab a clementine from my bag and start munching:eat:.

Lunch is a pile of Sf (toms, passata, onions, shallots, peppers, leeks) which i had last night with chicken, but will have with some new potatoes for lunch.
Also have an apple and some clementines.

Dinner... well, I have a Basa fillet defrosting so lets see if i can buy some ingredients later?

My HE A will be milk, but I will have a couple of super milky coffees at home tonight, HE B is merangues that I made with Alpen Light bars... yum x

Since starting SW I have been walking to work about 75% of the time (40 minutes each way including hills:whacky068:). Can't walk home tonight though as my boss felt sorry for me walking on the frozen snow so offered to drop me at home; I would feel bad saying no, but have explained I usually walk by choice.

I am also taking a picture of myself every week in the same place, but can't really post them as I'm in my underwear :eek: xx

Might swap underwear for bikini as my target date is 14th September for my holiday to Egypt :D

Well done you, you deserve this and it's never too late to start taking control of your life!! Look forward to reading ur journal.

Thank you :bighug:

Change of plans for dinner x I ditched the basa fillet and made a cottage pie with tomatoes, leeks, runner beans, loads of onions and a bit of garlic as that's all the SF I has in the house then added all my free meat and spuds and beans... I must say it was yummy and there's tons left for lunch tomorrow x

Used my heB on porridge with a danone activia yogurt (3.5) and pomegranate, also very yummy :) xx

Still feeling a gain coming this Thursday due to a severe lack of SF's earlier in my week but walked the dog earlier and have reached for a bit of fruit through the night

Next step for me is to get on my exercise bike and start peddling; it has been sat in my living room for a fortnight now and all I've done is drape my ironing over it lol!!!

Have no SF for breakfast tomorrow but thinking an egg and some soldiers (marg:1+heB) followed by some pomegranate will do nicely til I've been shopping xx

Today's tally =
heA: milk
heB: porridge
3.5 syns: danone activia strawberry
2 syns: 4 alpine light merangues at 0.5 each
SF:
Pomegranate x2
Apple
Clementine x3
Onions
Leek
Tomatoes
Peppers
Spinach
Garlic
Runner beans
FREE:
Lean minced beef
Baked beans
Butter beans
Potatoes
Bovril

And done just over an hours walking too xx

Looks good written down but still not feeling it?? xx

Time for bed x

Bums :sign0007:
I had a bad hypo this morning so the OH brought me round with Jam on Toast (complete with a ton of marg) anda coffee with 2 heaped teaspoons of half spoon sugar.... In other words... 10.5syns :cry:Ah well, saved me from the :ambulance: I suppose :rolleyes:

Plan for today is:
10.5 syns for hypo treatment :(
Clementine for breakfast again :rolleyes:
Left over cottage pie (syn free) for lunch
Clementine, apple and pomegranate to snack on
Shopping after work so dinner will be a surprise, butwill be full of SF :D
A: Milk
B: Porridge (magic of course :))

Plus 2 45 minute walks, and maybe another 15 minutes with the dog :doggy:

Oopsy xx
Another hypo, this time in asda so down went about 300mls of lucozade :( x

Already resigned myself to a gain tomorrow, but I was hoping for just a tiny one!!!

Had my basa fillet with baked beans, new potatoes, leeks and spinach :) x followed by a danone activia peach snackpot xxx

Managed 90mins walk, twenty minutes of which was spent carrying my backside plus 2 heavy shopping bags up the mega hill of death to my house!! Hoping that counts for extra lol??

Good evening :)

Loved reading your diary
Don't worry about maybe having a gain, like you said at least it kept you away from hospital, my boyfriends mum has hypo's quite often but I actually saw her have one for the 1st time at the wkend and it was horrible, she too had lucozade and some chocolate and then was fine.

Lovely to hear how happy your are, keep us posted with everything and good luck with SW xx

Thank you Chelle xx

Hypos can be horrible, but I think they are worse for the people watching or trying to help!!

I managed breakfast today anyway (2 slices of Nimble) BUT need to cheat with my SF by having a bit of fruit now :D

Fruit and yogurt for lunch

Cottage Pie for dinner with tons of spinach... Mmm... I'm gonna look like Popeye soon ha x

Thank you Chelle xx

Hypos can be horrible, but I think they are worse for the people watching or trying to help!!

I managed breakfast today anyway (2 slices of Nimble) BUT need to cheat with my SF by having a bit of fruit now :D

Fruit and yogurt for lunch

Cottage Pie for dinner with tons of spinach... Mmm... I'm gonna look like Popeye soon ha x

I love spinach!! Love it! I'm going to make the spinach canneloni next week and I'm also m aking the cottage pie but I'm going to use quorn mince so Its free on a green day.

Going to my friends for lunch today, she's doing extra easy so not sure what day to have yet, will have to wait and see what shs done for lunch :)

Wow!

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story and I really look forward to following your journey! Lots of love and luck to you :)

Cliona xo

Sorry for the delay... I gained 2 :(
Totally expected, this week will be a good one though!! Aiming to break even at weigh in next week with a 2lb loss xx

Had cottage pie for tea (2syns) with half a bag of spinach, a danone snackpot with pomegranate and a cpl of babybels for my heA x

Got my body magic bronze as a consulation for all my efforts walking to work :)

Xxx

Last edited:
Soo...
Line drawn under last week... raring to go now for next (or this?) week :happy036:

Breakfast will have to be a couple of clementines again as I want my heB (Magic porridge) tonight :rolleyes:

Lunch is my left over cottage pie (2syns), with the rest (so half a bag) of the spinach.

Dinner... well, I'm stumped!!
Thinking I may make the SW Lasagna, but with turkey mince as I have some in the fridge.
heA will be milk so I can have a lovely frothy Latte (home made not shop bought)

I usually have my full weekend of food planned out by now but I'm a little behind... Must get this sorted today to avoid having a rubbish weekend.

Me and OH have said we will finally switch the Wii on tonight and do a few rounds of boxing:asskick:
Hopefully a couple of longish dog walks will be on the agenda with little Taylor too :chores016: x

*** UPDATED ***

Who am I trying to kid? My heA will deffo be cheese if I am making lasagna xx

Last edited:
Hey :)

SW lasagne sounds gfood, have you made it before, is it nice?

Well I'm gonna start walking more too, me and the OH have been on a long walk this evening and really enjoyed it (minus the snowballs getting lobbed at me every 5 mins, resulting in me getting angry and acting like his mum lol)

You've done so well with your weight loss I'm sure you will find it no problem to get them pesky 2lbs off xx

I hope not :) xx

So Friday was my first attempt at SW lasagna (but using turkey mince) and it really was delicious :)

Even the OH half loved it and went back for seconds and thirds x

I will do my full wkend update tonight or tomorrow as my laptop is goosed and I'm just left with my iPod!!

Your walks do sound like mine though Chelle I must admit lol x

I hope not :) xx

So Friday was my first attempt at SW lasagna (but using turkey mince) and it really was delicious :)

Even the OH half loved it and went back for seconds and thirds x

I will do my full wkend update tonight or tomorrow as my laptop is goosed and I'm just left with my iPod!!

Your walks do sound like mine though Chelle I must admit lol x

that lasagne sounds delish, i must make some!

look forward to your update x

So.. That lasagne!! I used the SW recipe and although I usually change recipes a lot to suit, I stuck to theirs and have to say the nutmeg in the yogurt actuall worked out really well and made the sauce soooo yummy!!
My version of lasagne contains a litre of semi skimmed milk and about 300g of cheese for the sauce alone. Add a bit of standard minced beef and as much olive oil as you can get away with and there you have it... heart attack dressed up as pasta lol!!
SW Lasagne is a winner for me and will be repeated this month :D
The Roulade however not so great... don't get me wrong, I ate almost the entire thing, but not in a rush to make it again

My weekend went as follows foodwise (i would add piccies but for the fact I have no way to upload them right now with my pc and laptop being bust)...

Friday:10 Syns
2 Nimble = heB
2 tsp CBINB = 2 Syns
2 Clementines = SF
Cottage pie meat mixture (no spuds) = 2 Syns (Lean mince)
Spinach = SF
Dash of milk = 0.5 Syns
Lasagne with Spinach (x2servings) = 3 Syns
35g cheese = heA
Chocolate Roulade (most of it) = 2.5 Syns
with Cherries = SF
Apple = SF

Saturday:10 Syns
No breakfast :(
Late lunch
KFC Style Chicken pieces = heB (breadcrumbs) + 3 Syns (Just incase there was any skin left that I didn't see)
Mixed Salad = SF
Dinner
Lasagne (Again) = 2 Syns (Large portion)
Spinach & Rocket = SF
Choc Ice = 5 Syns
Snack
Danone Snackpot = FREE
with Pomegranate = SF
Milk for brews = heA

No walks; just a very lazy day until 7pm when we did a couple of rounds of boxing on the Wii.... my arms still hurt now!!

Sunday:9 Syns
Breakfast
Poached egg = FREE
Bacon (trimmed of course) = FREE
5 cherry tomatoes = SF
Rocket Salad = SF
2 Nimble = heB
Snack
7 chocolate buttons = 1 Syn
Clementine = SF
Starbucks... Tall Skinny Sugar Free Vanilla Latte = 7 Syns (oversynned this just incase as the staff didn't know what they were doing so not sure the syrup was sugar free or the milk was skimmed even though I did ask and they nodded. Very yummy though)
Lunch
Homemade soup = SF
(tomatoes, passata, celery, onions, shallots, chickpeas, ginger, garlic, Chilli and plenty of spices)
Dinner
Homemade Soup (it was that good) = SF
with Chicken breast = FREE
Milk in starbucks/couple of brews = heA (bit of guesswork here I know)
Snack
Another 7 chocolate buttons = 1 Syn
Yogurt & fruit smoothie = FREE/SF (felt like a change)

Again, no walking... hardly moved my bum at all, it was Sunday though :rolleyes:
I always feel the need to eat like i've never been fed on a sunday night when he goes to work, out of boredom I suppose, but it could have been worse than a fruit and yogurt smoothie :p

I've had half a bowl of magic porridge with pomegranate for breakfast today and walked for 45 minutes :D
Homemade Soup for lunch... Yummy xx

Glad I got all that off my chest.
Need to go and lay down now ha xx

Last edited:
Back